0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake Character Scam

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I hope you enjoy. Also, I haven't seen a post like this if there is, I didn't mean to post it again.
    ------
    Okay, this scam is pretty easy, before we start you have to have two accounts, one with a good character, the other with nothing (or something you don't mind getting rid of) and an AIM account name that looks like someone elses that has quite a bit of reputation, for example change the "l" to a capital "I" (in AIM they both look the same). Now that you have those you will want to go to a site like Markee Dragon and look for a character that you want (look for characters around your level, if someone sees that you want their level forty mage, don't say you will trade them a level seventy). Talk to them on AIM or whichever you want, if he wants to see you in the game, this is where the scam starts. You go on World of Warcraft and login to the account that you said you would trade him and he logs into his and you both like what each other sees, then you leave the game.

Now the thing is that now he knows you have a character that he wants (and you know he's got one you want) but what he doesn't know is that you have a blank account (the scam is sort of obvious by now). So it comes time to switch E-mails, this is where you put in your blank accounts E-mail. So you see that he switched his and you switched yours to his (he will probably see that you didn't switch otherwise but again, he will not know that you changed the E-mail in your scammed/junk account). Seeing that you switched E-mails it's time for passwords (name comes in E-mail). This is the part where you may have trouble and where that fake name comes in handy. When he says who should go first say something along the lines of "I know you're not a scammer or anything but I want to be safe and I have a little more reputation on Markee than you do, so do you mind going first?" (as you can see this is where it could go good or bad but use that fake name to your advantage). If he goes first, you have his name and password, go to World of Warcraft's site and change all information including password (obviously) then all you have to do is block him.

If, for last resort and you really want the account, say that you will go first then and give him the password to the fake account and wait for him to give you his and login go ahead and change his information, again this is a last ditch effort for he could scam you, but with the garbage account name and password you gave him, he won't get away with much. This works best if he doesn't go on World of Warcraft to check it, he will obviously see that there are no good characters on it, the whole scam works because he doesn't know you have another account and assumes you're giving him the name and password to the account you said you would trade.

------
    Well, I hope that makes sense, it probably didn't need that much but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what was happening, good luck!
    Last edited by Edmund_Hawk; 01-04-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Fake Character Scam
    Eskiimo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm.. first of all welcome to the forums.. second of all, please cut your scam into readable sections ^^

orcishmailbox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Eskiimo View Post
    umm.. first of all welcome to the forums.. second of all, please cut your scam into readable sections ^^
    it is a little hard to understand but good job

dreed9191's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep,its really clever,but its kinda useless when you dont have a lvl 70 character cause its hard to find low level characters!

uawili's Avatar Marshal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant read it, its so, mashed together. But good job for contributing XD

GunMan's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh so this is like, uhh.. Switching accounts? So in that case you need 2 accounts: A blank one and a good one. You log in to show them the good account, and when he asks for info you give the blank account's info. That's a really good idea.

You can use a trial account too, they'll never know.

Igsy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace the spare account with a trial account, and its all good!
    "A little pink goes a long way."

Photoshop Roxx. :lmao:

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been posted before, but still good.

Also, note that this only works if the guy you're scamming doesn't have the last name and/or SQA on the account.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.