0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Phish Scam - Similair to "Best Scam for Now"

Not sure if this has been posted, searched for it, but haven't come across it.

Its uses basically the same method as the "Best Scam for Now" thread by Ximiru, which can be found here:

Best Scam for Now!

Basically you send out this email:

Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account has been accessed by someone who is not allowed to use it. The account has been disabled, so that you can regain sole and secure access. If you use a credit card to subscribe, it has been removed so you are not charged while the account is disabled. Please keep this email until you have regained account access.

Please do NOT attempt to log in to your World of Warcraft account while this investigation is in progress, as this will unnecessarily stall the investigation process.

1.) WHY DID THIS HAPPEN AND HOW CAN I STOP IT FROM HAPPENING AGAIN?

Account compromises are usually a result of the registered user sharing their account, or playing on a computer that has a virus. Please remember that World of Warcraft accounts cannot be shared with anyone except one minor who you are the parent or guardian of. To help ensure that no viruses are present that may threaten your account, please regularly scan all computer systems that you use to remove all viruses, including Trojan files, spyware and key loggers. You can find links to scanners in our article about computer and internet security tips at http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20572. Also be sure to change your account password regularly at https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account.

2.) HOW DO I GET MY ACCOUNT BACK?

Download and use this form to regain account access: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/othe...-Retrieval.pdf. For security reasons, we are unable to accept e-mailed attachments or links of any kind. Proper use of the form is the only way to retrieve account access. Please send your submission as soon as possible since Blizzard
    Entertainment is unable to offer any type of reimbursement for the time an account is disabled.

3.) I’M HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING THE FORM!

The newest version of the free Adobe Reader© can be downloaded at Adobe. If clicking the link doesn’t work, right-click it and choose “Save Target As...” to save the file to your computer. If that doesn’t work either, reply to this message and we will send the file as an attachment.

4.) I SENT MY FAX, NOW WHAT?

We will contact you again once your submission is received and processed. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of sending your fax, please resend it and notify us of the refax at http://us.blizzard.com/support/webform-us.xml?gameId=11. If you send your submission by postal mail, please allow time for delivery. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.

Only Account Administration is able to assist with account retrieval issues. To learn more about how Account Administration is able to assist you, please visit us at http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21505.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,
    Remokh
    Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard Technical Support Entertainment is unable to offer any type of reimbursement for the time an account is disabled.

You replace the attached document with an altered version of the blizzard original document which is sent when your account ownership is in dispute.
    The original Blizzard version tells you to send in your Account Name/Full Name and a picture of your ID. But with some effort it could be altered to tell you to send in:

* First and Surname
    * Address
    * Zip code
    * Phone number Daytime
    * Country
    * Account e-mail
    * CD-key
    * Account name
    * Account password
    * Secret Question and Answer
    etc...
    All the info on the original Best Scam for Now! thread.

But at the bottom of the email, where it tells you where to fax/mail the information too, you change the fax/mail number/address to one you control.

WARNING!!!
    Do NOT tell them to send the information to your home address, or a fax that can be easily traced to you. Instead, use something that can in no way be traced back to you, and that you have private access to.

Note
    This needs some work, however, please flame away, constructive criticism is encouraged but not necessary. I also need someone to alter the Original PDF document to something more alterable by the average mmowned.com Scammer. The one that is linked on the email above is the one blizzard sends and won't help you scam an account, it needs to be replaced by a Fax/Address you have access too.

Remember:
    I take no responsibility for legal action taken against Scammers that use this method. Use this scam at your own risk.

Don't let yourself be traced.

Happy Scamming :wave:

Edit: Link to BGHitman's altered PDF file is here
    Will update this when i can.
    Last edited by purple_viper; 11-11-2007 at 04:39 PM.

New Phish Scam - Similair to "Best Scam for Now"
    Gelormino's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New Phish Scam - Similair to "Best Scam for Now"

A little hard to grab the point of but I see the general point of it...Nice improvements IMO.
    +3 rep

BGHitman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I edited a word version of the pdf, still working on making a better pdf file thought.

Here is the link to the word version: Filebeam - Free Fast File Hosting
    The password is: mmowned

Last edited by BGHitman; 11-11-2007 at 11:13 AM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

BGHitman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Editing the pdf is very hard so far, i can't seem to perfect it.
    Here is the work in progress: Filebeam - Free Fast File Hosting
    the pass is mmowned
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

purple_viper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought i'd bump this a little for people that might have missed it. I think it has some nice improvements.

sieusc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say this is a VERY nice update from the old e-mail scam.
    BGHitman, great job on the pdf file! Have you finalized it?

Nickwahh's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good imp +rep