0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday Night Profits - Effective Auctioning

This post goes out to all my auctioneers out there. It was part of a auctioning guide I was writing, and since I'm new here, I figure it would be cool to share it with the community. It's got some nifty screenshots of me testing how well my auctions seem to sell on Saturdays (which I admit is my most profitable day).

Saturday Night Profits

If there was ever a day you should be posting your auctions - It's Saturday. Saturday is by far the most profitable on all my auctioneer characters. It's when the most players are on and in effect, the most auctions are being sold. With that said, preparing for the Saturday selling spike lets you
    make the most out of your auctions. In my experience..

Saturdays are so special that:

1) "Dead stock" has a higher chance of selling. (By dead stock im referring to items that haven't sold in a month or more)
    2) The chances of selling higher priced items increase.
    3) It's much much easier to get better deals FROM the auction house(We'll discuss that more a bit later)

But for now, lets look at a very recent test that backs my hunch.

Below is a picture featuring some very poor sales. Here I only netted 2,000g from posting my during my Friday brunch after a long break from the auction house. The poor results came as expected, as all the hot items from my stock we're already sold the previous week. (Again I got lazy and decided not to buy anything new).

Below is a screenshot that shows the first set of sales.
    (I would of inserted it here - but it seems I need more rep to do so - how annoying)

Gold Screenshot Friday

Saturday Night Profits - Effective Auctioning-wowscrnshot_030814_203206-jpg

Still, being the lazy auctioneer that I am,

Knowing Saturday was the following day, as a trial I posted the exact same stock. There we're no changes to my posting methods.. I didn't slash any prices or initiate any kind of clearance sales. All variables we're exactly the same, except the day of the week of course.

And as expected I did much better:

Gold Screenshot Saturday Profits

Saturday Night Profits - Effective Auctioning-wowscrnshot_030914_150250-jpg

Nearly 8,000g collected.

Without doing a single thing different. It's a difference of about 5,000g from the previous day (4x more). And still, this is with slow moving "left-over auctions". Also I've noticed that there are more "higher ticket" items selling than any other day.

From what you can see in the screenshot, I sold both the restore mana prime enchant & the dark rune helmet on the same page. What you can't see however, are the other 15 auctions that sold, which included some smaller wares and another higher ticket item worth 1,100g.

Preparing For Saturdays To Make More Sells

First off, if you are posting on a 48 hour auction duration my suggestion is that you switch to a more manageable 24 hours just for the upcoming weekend. Or, If you don't wish to babysit your auctions every-day you can also use an add-on (such as TSM) to do a simple cancel scan in-between days.

As for everyone else, the best way to prepare is to line up your posting activity for early Saturday Morning. The earlier the better as the younger school kids seem to rise around 7 or 8ish.

Personally I prefer to buy later in the afternoon, (around 6 P.M Eastern) because that's when the most players seem to be online, and more cheap steals seem to be floating around.

Anyways, I hope you guys start testing this out yourselves - so you can see the gold making magic that Saturday brings. And come to think of it.. I should of started this post on Saturday afternoon so more people can see it

Just something to keep ya thinking.

- Peace
    Last edited by stevesgamebox; 04-19-2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Structure

Saturday Night Profits - Effective Auctioning
    Sharkeeper's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/17
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged