0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BM Monk Vengeance Cap Exploit - Garrosh Heroic

Right so, long time reader but didn't contribute with any major exploits.. Not that it's going to change with this but anyways;

In the intermission phases of the Garrosh Hellscream encounter, soaking the Annihilates grants a ****ton of vengeance. Doing so is fairly straight forward (using personal & optionally external cooldowns).

That said, this exploits involves a few diffrent mechanics which messes up the damage taken calculations of the game which in it's turn grants alot more vengeance than you're supposed to get.

Required for this is about 573 item level. You'll die without externals if you don't have this gear.

1. Grab the talent Diffuse Magic & Glyph Zen Med.
    2.... Find a guild that kills / progresses Garrosh heroic.
    3. As you enter the annihilation spam part of the intermission, just as the first annihilate hits the floor(before the big AoE smash animation) pop Diffuse Magic. The timing is extremely important as you want to activate it more or less 0,1 seconds before the annihilate hits you. This makes the game believe that you take a ton of damage (which would usually kill you) however, as you activate Diffuse Magic (90% magic reduction) just before/at the same time as the hit happens, you won't die and get alot of vengeance beacuse of the game calculations bugging out.

This itself won't cap you, however as mentioned it'll give you alot more vengeance than usual (upwards of 8-900k) you'll have to continue soaking every annihilate or it'll drop before you get out.

This isn't a huge exploit in itself, but combined with the Xuen talent you'll help your raid out quite abit with the DPS requirement.
    Last edited by Saionara; 04-09-2014 at 04:18 PM.

BM Monk Vengeance Cap Exploit - Garrosh Heroic
    ^oximo^'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So.. You take damage and it gives you vengeance ? Duh.

[edit]: Oh actually my monk buddy told me that there is an actual bug. If you delay your mitigation late enough, you can get more vengeance than normally (it depends on what mitigation you use). When there is some incoming damage (let say X) the game calculates how much vengeance you should get for it, but if you have a mitigation on you (let say Y%) active for less than 0.1sec before that incoming damage, the calculation tool mixed up mitigated and unmitigated damage.

For example, you take a 300k hit with a 90% active migitation that would end up on 30k normally, well here with this bug you got vengeance like if you have been hit for 3M.

My apologies for my first comment tho, I'll try to get some more info about this bug if someone is interested. I doubt this could be helping anybody because it's risky as ****, but it could be pretty fun for people farming hc SoO for a long time.
    Last edited by ^oximo^; 04-08-2014 at 05:34 AM.

shauren's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/28
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an exploit. Vengeance is calculated off unmitigated damage

hazelbeiz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vengeance is calculated off unmitigated damage

Mollyone's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Saionara View Post
    Right so, long time reader but didn't contribute with any major exploits.. Not that it's going to change with this but anyways;

In the intermission phases of the Garrosh Hellscream encounter, soaking the Annihilates grants a ****ton of vengeance. Doing so is fairly straight forward (using personal & optionally external cooldowns).

That said, this exploits involves a few diffrent mechanics which messes up the damage taken calculations of the game which in it's turn grants alot more vengeance than you're supposed to get.

Required for this is about 573 item level, including AT LEAST one stamina trinket. You'll die without externals if you don't have this gear (without using any externals)

1. Grab the talent Diffuse Magic & Glyph Zen Med.
    2.... Find a guild that kills / progresses Garrosh heroic.
    3. As you enter the annihilation spam part of the intermission, just as the first annihilate hits the floor(before the big AoE smash animation) pop Diffuse Magic. The timing is extremely important as you want to activate it more or less 0,1 seconds before the annihilate hits you. This makes the game believe that you take a ton of damage (which would usually kill you) however, as you activate Diffuse Magic (90% magic reduction) just before/at the same time as the hit happens, you won't die and get alot of vengeance beacuse of the game calculations bugging out.

This itself won't cap you, however as mentioned it'll give you alot more vengeance than usual (upwards of 8-900k) you'll have to continue soaking every annihilate or it'll drop before you get out.

This isn't a huge exploit in itself, but combined with the Xuen talent you'll help your raid out quite abit with the DPS requirement.
    Not an exploit. Any half decent tank progressing/farming garrosh heroic is already doing this.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1142
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't an exploit, but it is an interesting and clever use of game mechanics, so +rep for that.

Perhaps this angle is obvious to expert brewmasters. I do not have a max-level brewmaster so
    this is new information.

That said, better posted in guides or general or wherever.

iispyderii's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    15/29
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I've been doing this for months. I shoulda posted, but I thought everyone saw H Garrosh vids.

Saionara's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that people don't realize is that you will die without using diffuse magic but you still get the vengeance from a full hit (which would kill you without the delayed CD usage).
    So in the end its a clever / intersting use of game mechanics, whatever you'd like to call it. Just writing a comment saying it's not an exploit is completely pointless.
    It's just a small tip that helps, if a mod wants to move it to guides feel free.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Saionara View Post
    The thing that people don't realize is that you will die without using diffuse magic but you still get the vengeance from a full hit (which would kill you without the delayed CD usage).
    So in the end its a clever / intersting use of game mechanics, whatever you'd like to call it. Just writing a comment saying it's not an exploit is completely pointless.
    It's just a small tip that helps, if a mod wants to move it to guides feel free.
    I think you don't know how vengeance works. Anytime there incoming damage (exception from AoE outside of CM), you gain the same vengeance if you're running 582 ilvl with zen meditation, diffuse magic, 3x pain sup', 2x ironbark and 10x hand of sacrifice than if you're entirelly naked with no avoidance at all.

Soaking hits that would have killed you with no mitigation happens 1000 times per combat.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing this without delaying Diffuse Magic will give you 700k vengeance at most, while using the method explained above will cap you..

Clearly you're the one who don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has nothing to do with Garrosh annihilate or even with a monk ability.

You can do this with a 400k hit you'll be caped aswell, on nazgrim, malkorok or whatever... I've been able to reproduce it on Norushen LFR so I'm pretty sure you can find many spots to use it on SoO. On the other hand, I still think you have no damn idea how the bug works, I'll try to complete my explanation above if I find some info around.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever - whenever you try to contribute to this damn site people like you show up. Why do people even bother.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuse me sir. In my first answer I apologised allready for my too quick answer, and I tried to help you by explaining what the hell you're trying to show in your first post.

And btw this is the "exploit" section of the damn site, not the "let's throw some random info about random thing with random explanation wtf is going on" section. If you don't want other people opinion neither people help, this forum may not be the best place to share your experience.

But let's wrap this up, I will not post again on this thread feel free to leave me a PM if you want some deeper info about this.

Tetarius's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oldest bug, that gave 80 paladins the vengeance exploit.
    Thing is, when you use the save just AFTER getting damage, the server thinks that you take the damage under that save. Thats all. Monk tanks are the ones who can have 90%+ save, means 1/(10%)= 10x vengeance boost. That was the reason of adding vengeance cap after some guy soloed Elegon @ 80 paladin

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tetarius View Post
    Oldest bug, that gave 80 paladins the vengeance exploit.
    Thing is, when you use the save just AFTER getting damage, the server thinks that you take the damage under that save. Thats all. Monk tanks are the ones who can have 90%+ save, means 1/(10%)= 10x vengeance boost. That was the reason of adding vengeance cap after some guy soloed Elegon @ 80 paladin
    Thank you.