0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zimo View Post
    In the video it showed that you were a level 21 and the mob was level 80. I thought on live servers for a mob that high it would've used a skull icon. This leads me to wonder whether or not the test was done on a live server.
    The mob was level 20.

Pathing Exploit: How to kite any melee mob at any level.
    themaster's Avatar Contributor
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally i found the PROPER repost ( WITH Backwards Strafeing ) http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...mobs-epic.html

And even that was a repost.

Sigh.. i just knew this was a repost and wanted to proof me right

Maccer's Avatar gay secks CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    40/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Themaster - Go and contribute yourself, the guy is trying to contribute and he's sharing what he found... On the first post, nice one, +Rep...

Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wude View Post
    @Themaster - Go and contribute yourself, the guy is trying to contribute and he's sharing what he found... On the first post, nice one, +Rep...
    Wude im simply following the rules. - No Repost. How can i contribute something unless its new (=NO repost).. so BRB back to finding stuff ingame.
    If you mean Contribute like reposting stuff then i will do that if you give me rep for every repost i make.

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by themaster View Post
    You didnt put the effort i put in it to find this old thread.. god damn what was it hard to find it, the title doesnt even match it or what so ever.
    anyway after 2hours of searching (litterly no life) I can proudly say:

REPOST REPOST REPOST :http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...bs-easier.html

Edit: Lol it seems that that link from the year 2007 is even a repost, if id get +1rep for every repost i find than i'd have been a contributor already. But it seems that reposting old exploits, etc. is a much easier task to do.
    Cool? idk I did a few searches and couldnt come up with anything. Sorry I'm not going to spend 2 hours of my life sifting though mmowned to find a repost.

You've been here since 06. If you put 1/2 as much effort into contributing as you do "preventing +rep for reposters" you would easily be contrib right now.

I know its hard to find new exploits. Thats where the guide section comes in. I'm sure you could have spent those 2 hours writing some useful guide for the community.

I mean by all means, call out reposts. I myself do it all the time. However spending 2 hours looking for a repost seems pretty excessive to me. Go outside imo.

Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kazin420 View Post

Cool? idk I did a few searches and couldnt come up with anything. Sorry I'm not going to spend 2 hours of my life sifting though mmowned to find a repost.

You've been here since 06. If you put 1/2 as much effort into contributing as you do "preventing +rep for reposters" you would easily be contrib right now.

I know its hard to find new exploits. Thats where the guide section comes in. I'm sure you could have spent those 2 hours writing some useful guide for the community.

I mean by all means, call out reposts. I myself do it all the time. However spending 2 hours looking for a repost seems pretty excessive to me. Go outside imo.
    it was 00:00 wednesday... what am i gonna do around that time?
    And yes you are probably right about that i could have written a guide but i think that there are enough already. To bad you cant earn anything with simple model edit anymore

kjarlot's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny how people keep saying ''The pathing system hasn't changed since vanilla''.. Oh reeeeeeeeally? I've played since back then, and I can tell you, the mobs did NOT stop running towards you when you ran towards them for instance, stuff HAS changed.

Woodlauncher's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably not going to use it but it's still awesome! +rep

Finally i found the PROPER repost ( WITH Backwards Strafeing ) http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...mobs-epic.html

Shoo annoying little fly, fly away before I swat you!

Platos's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +3rep. Great exploit, and regardless of what some people say, searching for 2 hours to see if yours is a repost isn't ever going to happen. I know the majority of people here probably weren't here in 2007 to read the original regardless.
    Alcoholism is a disease but it's the only the disease you can get yelled at for having. Damnit Otto you're an alcoholic. Damnit Otto you have lupus. One of these doesn't sound right.

synthblade's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ARE right, but thanks to OP of this thread, it's new and on the first page of exploits again so people will be reminded: A) This Exists and B) It still works. I for one am now going to use this, I find it incredibly handy. I'm sure if it wasn't "reposted" it never would have been found. And like others said ^ try contributing something for yourself plz. Nothing wrong with finding reposts, just don't make it sound like the poster is an *******.

...and learn some more english.
    AI is no match for Natural Stupidity.

amashinga's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some folks might be interested in why this works.

Warcraft has two pathing mechanisms for NPC's. They are invoked under different circumstances. When you are moving your client software has to communicate with the server obviously. It sends your current co-ordinate, the direction you are moving in, and the speed at which you are moving. If you have aggro'ed a mob, the server has to determine how the mob is going to catch you. It does this based on the mob's speed in relation to your speed. Remember this will happen many times a second.

If the mobs speed is a lot faster than your speed the server instructs the mob to simply move directly to a co-ordinate close to the one that you have notified it you are on knowing that if the mob simply follows your path it will catch you due to the speed differential.

If the mobs speed is similar to yours however, the server attempts to calculate a position that you will be in in the immediate future, and sends the mob to one relative to that. If you have moved off that vector by the time the next message is sent, the mob has to adjust. Now comes the part that is sensitive. If you change your current heading dramatically and that change occurs within half the distance that the pathing algorithm on the server has calculated as a projected location, the mob will in fact be over correcting, which will slow him down.

A simple way to play with this is to just aggro a mob and run away. Make a mental note of the mobs speed in relation to yours. Now aggro a mob, run away and tap your left and right strafe keys at different rates. Eventually you will find a sweet spot that will make it seem like the mob has slowed down, again, he is just over-correcting for those vector projections.

dima202's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been invaluable to my alts. Thanks for the info, this trick got my alts out of the dirtiest situations

PapayaJuice's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed, it works

Great for kiting higher level mobs while leveling.

Picklesowner's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't listen to all the people that said repost, thanks. I tried to get it to work, but couldn't either way thanks for sharing :P

Kauppaneuvos's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably first exploit that i've +repped for last 1.5y.. Works well on live, even against some bosses in molten core

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast