0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Cities and Game Object Tutorial

Hello everyone! This is a tutorial on how to add some simple Game Objects, and how to get the most out of them!

First of all, No one likes the boring old game objects that most repacks start off with. Custom Game Objects give a very specified feeling to your private server.

First if first. You need a location. My personal favorite, is somewhere in the ocean. When you are in the middle of nowhere, there is small chance that players can get out of the city, and there is more customization involved.

Here is an example of a very simple Object that can change your whole city layout.

This is a very simple object, and can be added to your database very easily. Go on ahead and open up HeidiSQL, or Navicat, or whatever you may use. Go to gameobject_names. Made a new entry, and have the entry be anything you wish. The type of this object is 5, and the displayid is 7439. Name can be anything, and everything else is 0.

Here is a side view of the object.

This one plank can be aligned to make a floor, and roof. Here is the beginning of my city (a work in progress). You may note that there are three stories. One for horde, one for alliance, and the other one is for neutral, or both horde and alliance.

So, to give you an idea, Here is a platform of a few of these plank things aligned.

So, here you see a little pink and white checkered rectangle. You may be asking wtf this is. Well, this is actually an invisible wall. Its the base of it. It is the width of this rectangle, and goes high enough to not allow people to walk across it. I suggest you use this, for it is invisible, and very helpful, when you dont want people to get out of your city. Type is 6, and the displayid is 6391.

Here is a Picture of my main toon, on what is called, the flying carpet. This is a simple spell that is already in game, that will save time, and nerves. Its an instant cast flying spell, and can also help you for laying out items in the air, if say, you wanted a flat base of cage bases. the spell id is 61452. so if you are using ascent, its simply .learn 61452.

Alright hopefully, now you have a good idea on how you can make an effective, well organized City for your private server! If you dont, than i have failed! Here is a link to a guide i made, that has a bunch of fun easy to use, helpful game objects that may help you in your City.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/ascent...e-objects.html

Thank you for reading my Tutorial, and hopefuly you have gained some knowledge from it! Have fun with your private servers!

Wofa.us = website in progress. beginning \\\\ ||||||||||done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVFaGb3ZkBk=awesome vid!!

Custom Cities and Game Object Tutorial
    Flame_Warrior's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please comment people! this is one of my guides that i put some valuable time into, so please make it worth it :]

Wofa.us = website in progress. beginning \\\\ ||||||||||done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVFaGb3ZkBk=awesome vid!!

Appled's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one, +rep

keba's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice... does the elevator works?? if sow can you plz send me the sql??

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elevators are already in the database. to activate them, you must type in (for ascent) .go sel .go activate. NOTE: Small glitch when using elevators. When you run off, if you dont jump off, or fall off, than you will continue to fall and rise with the elevator, so make it a bit higher, so that you must fall in order to get to the designated spot.

mesoalt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SWEET!! im gona use this guide to make my city!! Great guide too! +rep!

keba's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flame_Warrior View Post
    Elevators are already in the database. to activate them, you must type in (for ascent) .go sel .go activate. NOTE: Small glitch when using elevators. When you run off, if you dont jump off, or fall off, than you will continue to fall and rise with the elevator, so make it a bit higher, so that you must fall in order to get to the designated spot.
    TY!!! that worked

Gorehowlhax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everytime i reset the server, all the objects are deleted, is there a way i can avoid this from happening

InternetExplorer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gorehowlhax View Post
    everytime i reset the server, all the objects are deleted, is there a way i can avoid this from happening

U need to add a "1" at end

example: .gobject spawn 123456 1

And BTW +rep to you Flame_Warrior

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx man +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :] glad i could help. hope this helped!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    were do you find all the display IDs for these buildings? is there a way that the wowmodelviewer can tell me the ID numbers for them?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: i am deleting this information, so that i can make a guide on it. Here is the link: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/emulat...ml#post1179622

Have fun with this newly found information, hope it helped you.
    Last edited by Flame_Warrior; 11-01-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx so much man, this whole thread has really made my server pretty epic right now, id give u rep again if u could

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :] any time man.. hopefully you are not alone! good luck with your server.