0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PQR] DK PvE Profiles

In this thread I will post all my DK profiles.
    With 5.2 I will most likely also make an unholy one as this spec seems to become viable once again.

I will not develop any PvP profile.
    I also will most likely not create a blood profile. Please visit Rubim's thread ([PQR] Rubim Profiles) if you are searching for a blood profile.

Credits:
    • Xelper for his incredible work on PQR and also the bosscode I based mine on
    • Nova Team because I used to look at their profiles to create mine

PQR Download:

Setup:
    For some code in the Bossmod section to work properly, you might follow some setps to set this profile up properly.
    Because some addons, e.g. ElvUI, are altering the appearence of your UI and adding custom action bar buttons. So for example in the Amber-Shaper fight, when you are transformed into a construct, a custom button has to be clicked instead of the default blizzard action bar button.
    If you are not sure if you are using some cutom button or the default button, you can test it: Jump into a vehicle (e.g. weed on tillers farm, canons in dailys), hover with your mouse pointer over an action bar button and type in WoW chat "/run print( GetMouseFocus():GetName() or 'unknown' )". This will print the name of that button. (only you can see it)
    If you are having custom buttons, that are not supported, leave me a message and I will take care of it.

By default my profiles are using the blizzard buttons, but if you need to change it, just follow these steps:
    1. Open Ability Editor
    2. Select profile
    3. Select "[Misc] Init" on the left
    4. Search for "PQR_UI" and use the correct option

Each profile offers a Bossmos that currently includes the following:
    • Grand Empress Shek'zeer (using AMS to be immune to Vision of Demise) - working
    • Wind Lord Mel'jarak
      • Renewing Impaling Spear on focus (if it is your debuff) - working
      • Kicking mending on focus/target - working
      • Using Every Man For Himself when trapped in amber - not tested
    • Lei Shi (not attacking Lei Shi with abilities when immune) - working
    • Protectors of the Endless
      • Using AMS to be immune to Lighning Prision - working
      • Using Icy Touch to remove Cleansing Waters when glyphed - working
    • Amber-Shaper Un'sok
      • Interrupting Boss/self - working
      • Not attacking Amber-Shaper with abilities when he taking 90% less damage - working
    • Spirit Kings HC [thanks to Xelper] - working
    • Gara'jal the Spiritbinder (crossover from spirit world) - working

The profiles are offering:
    • No ability spamming
    • Optimized use of outbreak (not wasteing runes on blood plague when it's not necessary)
    • Self heal using Death Pact and Healthstones
    • Single / AoE Profile (it will use pestilence automatically in AoE and also prioritize DnD higher)
    • Set CD usage to auto, boss only, or off
    • Disable Howling Blast (I use it at Spirit Kings for Meng's Maddening Shout)
    • Disable Death and Decay
    • Pause Rotation while pressing left shift button
    • Bossmods which are currently work in progress
    • Usage of engineering glove enchants
    • Herbalism CD
    • Racial usage
      • Draenei
      • Human
      • Orc

What's not in the profiles:
    • Trinket usage

For more information about any specific profile please refer to right posting.

Requests:

If you feel like an important feature is missing, feel free to post a request and I will look into it.
    If something is broken and you want to post about it, please explain in detail what happened. If you happen to get an LUA error, please post it as well. The more information you provide, the easier it gets for me to locate it.

Notice:
    If you are a developer and would like to use some code you see in my profile, I am fine with it as long as it is for non-commercial use only. I only ask for credits. I also consider it polite if you ask me before using, but politeness is not mandatory.
    If you want to colaborate (e.g. developing boss mods for 5.2) in a team effort, send me a PM, I will reply back.
    Last edited by weyounthree; 03-04-2013 at 04:51 PM.

[PQR] DK PvE Profiles
    weyounthree's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DW Profile

This is my very first profile which I developed roughly one week after I learned about PQR.
    This profile is provided as is.
    Following Talents are mandatory: Mists of Pandaria - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Supported talents:
    • Plague Leech
    • Death Pact
    • Blood Tap

PQR Download:

Changelog:

ikools modified Version

Please see his original post in this thread.

Download Link:
    Last edited by weyounthree; 10-06-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2H Profile

Due to a request I made this DK 2H profile.

I tested it for only about 10 minutes, so I consider it beta.

This profile is provided as is.
    There are no mandatory talents but I recommend using: Mists of Pandaria - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Following talents are supported:
    • Plague Leech
    • Unholy Blight
    • Blood Tap
    • Runic Empowerment
    • Runic Corruption
    • Death Pact

PQR Download:

Changelog:
    Last edited by weyounthree; 02-25-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reserved for when I actually make an unholy profile

Ninjaderp's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya weyounthree, good to see you back again! Will +rep you when I spread enough

Guinness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks brother for continuing to contribute. Your profile is still the top DPS profile for Dual Wielding Frost. I've tested ALL available Frost DK profiles, running multiple tests on all of them. Thanks again.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
    Thanks brother for continuing to contribute. Your profile is still the top DPS profile for Dual Wielding Frost. I've tested ALL available Frost DK profiles, running multiple tests on all of them. Thanks again.
    Thanks. I am wondering how my 2H profile is performing. You are not going to test it, are you?
    Currently I am very limited in my time, so I will not be able to test any changes I do to my profiles for the next ~2 weeks.

solarwake's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Weyouthree, Really glad you decided to repost your profiles. I was just about to go download your 2h profile when it left the forums. Anyways I will be testing the 2h profile against rubin's profile when I get home later tonight. I'm currently at 494ilvl with 2-set bonus. I will post the results when I get a chance.

Thanks!
    Solarwake

PS + 3 rep for your hard work!

Amagicalman's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by weyounthree View Post
    Thanks. I am wondering how my 2H profile is performing. You are not going to test it, are you?
    Currently I am very limited in my time, so I will not be able to test any changes I do to my profiles for the next ~2 weeks.

The 2H profile is performing great! I haven't tested the built in bossmods yet, as I prefer to do those things manually. But everything else is in great working order.

imdasandman's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will test tonight as I go 2h for the sparks on elegon hm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    My Frost/Unholy DK WoL ranking edits(4.3) and crystals Hunter Beta profiles-
    https://imdasandmandeathknight.googl...com/svn/trunk/
    Originally Posted by Valma View Post
    Oh sure. (: Plz,lord,rewrite my profile without "re-inventing a wheel".I'm really interested how would you do so.I even ready to eat my pants if yours will perform better in raids than mine

turtlemans's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will test 2H in raid this week.

Raiding 25m HMs. Will post back later.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated Frost 2H to Version 0.3

Changelog:
    • When Unholy Blight is active, BP and FF should not be applied using PS respectively HB

imdasandman's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tested the 2H on heroic elegon on our first attempt we reached p3 and I only pushed out 140k dps. The rotation just felt slow and had to much dead time. Best way I can explain it. I run with blood tap on that fight so I always have a pest ready for sparks and another death rune for burst on the sparks. Had to use rubims old 2H profile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    My Frost/Unholy DK WoL ranking edits(4.3) and crystals Hunter Beta profiles-
    https://imdasandmandeathknight.googl...com/svn/trunk/
    Originally Posted by Valma View Post
    Oh sure. (: Plz,lord,rewrite my profile without "re-inventing a wheel".I'm really interested how would you do so.I even ready to eat my pants if yours will perform better in raids than mine

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by imdasandman View Post
    Tested the 2H on heroic elegon on our first attempt we reached p3 and I only pushed out 140k dps.
    Sorry, but without any other reference 140k is just a number and I don't know if its average, bad, very bad in comparison to your usual DPS.

The rotation just felt slow and had to much dead time. Best way I can explain it.
    What is slow exactly? I just tested about 2 hours on a raid dummy, including time to evaluate combatlogs.
    I didn't see anything I would consider "slow". The bot used spells and then about 0.3 to 0.2 seconds before the end of GCD it would try to use the next spell.

About the dead time. If I understand correctly, you usually play DW rather than 2H.
    There is a gap between waiting times of DW and 2H ... by default 2H has at least double the waiting time of DW. If you are on DW gear/reforges and just swapping weapons the gap will even higher.
    This is mainly because 2H will try to use all runes on Obliterate (needing 2 runes) where DW will opt for Howling Blast (unsing 1 rune).
    Also because of the 2 runes, as 2H you usually pool Blood Charges to use them when you got a Killing machine proc.
    Blood Tab and Plague Leech are helping to keep waiting time low. In the case of 2H ... Plague Leech more than Blood Tap.

In the elegon fight I also sometimes noticed that if I approach elegon from a weir angle the hitbox will behave strange, in a way that I have to stand right inside of elegon for the rotation to accept "melee range".

Could that be a reason for the dead time you experienced or do you think it is something in the profile?

I run with blood tap on that fight so I always have a pest ready for sparks and another death rune for burst on the sparks. Had to use rubims old 2H profile.
    Are you using the Blood Charges by hand? Because in my profile there is no code that deals with elegon's sparks.
    But the profile is using Blood Tap by default, so I guess you disabled it to be able to use it yourself properly? Because otherwise you couldn't be sure to have at lesat 10 charges.

I wouldn't consider 1 death rune "burst", because it is not enough to cast obliterate.
    Maybe that's the case why you experienced it as being slow.
    If your runes are on cooldown, you don't have any burst potential on the sparks because (I assume you spread your diseases to that spark already - otherwise your first 2 runes will be used to aplly diseases) you have to wait for 2 runes to get ready to use obliterate ... then wait for your next obliterate and so on. Is it this behaviour you meant by slow?

Sorry for asking so much, but from my tests, I just couldn't verify it, so I need more input to be able to understand the issue.
    In my tests, there were only waiting time, when the profile waited to use obliterate. But my runes never capped, so it wasn't actually wasted.
    And also the casts came off right when GCD finished.

And compared to simulationcraft I was about even with the result (200-1k ahead actually), so I really don't know whats wrong.

Guinness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't just change out weapon to go 2H versus DW. 2H needs a high amount of haste. That's why I don't test 2H because of the cost at the moment on my server between switching back and forth.

Page 1 of 14 12345 ... LastLast