351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

GatherBuddy farmingbot review and guide

Many people sends me pm's asking me what bot I use and if i could help them as to what bot they should use.
    The straight answer to this is "No, I can not tell you what bot you should use", it is up to you to find a bot that you can work with and then use it. We all have preferences.

To answer the first question, what bot do KuRIoS use? I use a private bot that will never go public so don't bother asking. IMO private bots are almost always better than the public ones, specially since you dont have to worry about warden(as much).

I have looked for a bot that is somewhat similar to what I am using, the one that came closest is GatherBuddy or NoD-O, but since I won't touch mimic at this stage then I won't be writing about that.

Questions and answers
    * To buy GatherBuddy: Click the banner at the top.

* What does it cost?
    30 days subscription is €5 , but requires u to have a GatherBuddy subscription.
    30 days + a GatherBuddy Subscription is €25
    Lifetime + a GatherBuddy subscription is €80

*How can I pay? With paypal/credit card/moneybrookers

* What is GatherBuddy? GatherBuddy is a automated software designed to help you in World of Warcraft without having to be near your computer.

* What does it do? It farms for you in the sense that it collects mines/clouds/herbs automaticly for you.

* Does it come with premade paths? Yes it comes with 3 premade paths, however i strongly advise you to create ur own paths.

* Is it detectable? Yes it is, but at a current state it is not detected, doesn't mean that it wont be tomorrow....

* Can I get banned for using it? Of course, you are cheating.
    What happens when my bags are full? GatherBuddy will port back.

My opinion
    My personal opinion of the bot is that it is definetely worth looking into if you do not have access to a private bot. I had it running for little over 2 hrs and already had quite a lot of saronite and some titanium ore, plus alot of Adder's tongue and goldclover from Sholozar basin. Shouldn't take you too long to get the money for the big mammoth or for your chopper .
    3 hrs of botting result
    took this screenshot after i sold 5 stacks of Goldclover

How to set it up once you have GatherBuddy - WINDOWS SETUP
    * Rename GatherBuddy.exe to something else like winamp.exe
    * Go to windows control panel and "region and language settings" and set the keyboard language to "English (USA)" do the same for "Default input language"

* For windows Vista/7 Run as administrator.

How to set it up once you have GatherBuddy - WoW SETUP

* Go to Interface in World of Warcraft and go to the Mouse section and turn on click to move and put camera to "Locked"

* Go to controls and turn on Autoloot.

* Go to Combat and turn on Auto self cast.

* Reset your Keybindings to Default.

KEYBINDINGS
    All key bindings will be done on Bar 3 - if you dont have the skill dont put it there.
    1 - Flying mount
    2 - Engineer cloud sucking
    3 - Food or Healing potion
    4 - Drink or Mana potion
    5 - Bar 5 is used after you resurrect, hence it should be Shadowform/Aspects/aura etc
    6 - Fight key 1, is used on engaging the fight and then every 10 seconds
    7 - Fight Key 2, is used after fight key 1 and then every 6 seconds
    8 - Fight Key 3, is used when engaged in a fight, pushed every second
    9 - Pushed every 5 minutes, I would recommend this for short term buffs
    0 - Key is pushed every 15 minutes.

For the fight keys it could be an idea to use macros instead of only one spell. specially on key 8 since that is pushed every second.
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=target spell1,spell2,spell3,spell4
    Login to your world of warcraft account and get ingame with the character of your choice, startup the RENAMED exe and run the bot.

Tabs
    Paths are stored online and you will have to load them when u want to run them. Go to "Paths" tab and press Refresh Path list, choose your desired path and press Load Path.

"Get" tab is where you tell your bot what to farm.

The "Other" tab is where you set if u want your bot to repair as it goes or if you want to use flying mount or regular mount.

Enjoy, I will soon post a picture of how well it is doing after having it run for some time.

Let us know what your experiences with this bot is Questions can be asked in this thread and I will do my best to answer them too.

Last edited by KuRIoS; 09-27-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: prices updated

GatherBuddy farmingbot review and guide
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The stable version at the moment uses injection and could be detected if the warden dev bothered (which he doesnt atm :S )

From Dribble
    Originally Posted by kynox
    I just want to take a minute to warn my readers about Gatherbuddy.
    Based on the last build i saw, Gatherbuddy injects a DLL for various reasons. Now, you’re thinking “Oh but Mr Kynox! They have anti-wardens and will tell us when there is an update!”.
    Gatherbuddy can be detected without a module update, meaning their “tripwire” (which i question even exists) is completely useless. Warden only needs a tiny bit of information added into the already existing scans (via a packet) and thus setting off no alarms.
    Until Gatherbuddy drop the dll, you’re even more detectable than Mimic was, before it even started to protect itself.
    a reply further down explains how the new beta doesnt use injection

Originally Posted by kynox
    Without the DLL, the bot is immediately a lot less detectable. If it’s just a passive app now, you will be fine until the WardenDev gets bored
    another

Originally Posted by kynox 28th of june
    To those asking, yes. Gatherbuddy is safe unless the WardenDev decides to step it up a notch.

Gatherbuddy is now what is called a Semi-Passive bot. It’s not running inside of WoW, but reading from an external process. There are your occasional codecave injections (from what i gather for DoString, etc) but as long as these are freed accordingly, it should be fine.

Last edited by KuRIoS; 06-29-2009 at 08:57 AM.

Hawker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for the review Kurios!

Tyrune's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for the reviews you put up on this site. I know after Glider went down, nobody knew where to go next. I'm going to check this one out after reading your review, it looks good.

johnyluck's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this bot goes so slow though and looks like an idiot so there chance that you get banned from just looking like a bot.

but it seems good choice until warden detects it

Hawker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by johnyluck View Post
    this bot goes so slow though and looks like an idiot so there chance that you get banned from just looking like a bot.
    So far, we haven't had an any users post issues with being "spotted." It travels at the speed of your flying mount. Normally it takes about 7 hours to fill your bags.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

slow? what are you on about? it goes at normal speed if u go any faster then it would be speedhacking and a sure way to get banned if someone sees you, if u dont know how to create a decent profile then you will look like a bot, but that comes down to your stupidity, dont blame the bot, blame ur mother.

Kartio's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (50%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good and isn't too expensive. The only thing that makes me wonder is the fighting process... I will buy it when I've got my alt to 80. (Currently 78 )
    EDIT: Also, when creating the profile do I set the height for the bot so it sees how high it should fly before starting to move or is it premade?
    Last edited by Kartio; 06-29-2009 at 10:40 AM.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kartio View Post
    Looks good and isn't too expensive. The only thing that makes me wonder is the fighting process... I will buy it when I've got my alt to 80. (Currently 78 )
    EDIT: Also, when creating the profile do I set the height for the bot so it sees how high it should fly before starting to move or is it premade?
    You record new paths when flying, there is a pdf on his forums with instructions on how to create pathing, i didn't want to cover it here.
    the fighting is only if u get attacked by a mob when mining/herbing so its not much to worry about, it is not a grind bot! it is a farm bot running for 3 hrs now, no deaths on my char tho

Kissy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always nice little review. Personally I won't be using this as am still waiting for something along the lines off openbot to come back to the world. But one day i may give up waiting and find another, or stop being lazy and try make my own private bot

Bossland's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its because of the 60 % Mount and the profile is way too high, capturing a new one for KuRIoS's preview today

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kissy View Post
    As always nice little review. Personally I won't be using this as am still waiting for something along the lines off openbot to come back to the world. But one day i may give up waiting and find another, or stop being lazy and try make my own private bot
    I am sorry to say this, but i dont think anything like openbot will come back (to the public )

I updated the thread with my progress after 3 hrs

Castroph's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any kind of trial I can get to have some kind of feel for the Interface, its options and a feel for the bot.

What Im mainly stating is, I don't want to buy this thing for 30 days first, and not have it work out on my OS, or mainly just to hard for me too use(I doubt).

Barnzy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this bot rules, it's made me 9k gold in 4 days. (mining in a custom made profile for sholozar made by a user on forums).

Kissy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea i know ob won't be public for along time if atall i know only a handfull have access to it from my hunt to find a bot as good as it was. Personaly not used anything since that banwave, but on topic. You seen to be getting on well with this bot so maybe I might give this a try on an old account.

Page 1 of 45 12345 ... LastLast