0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Testers Wanted

As an application developer, Its hard for me to test my programs solo, I cant always catch every bug before I release things, so I need some people who can try and break my programs (with fairly-normal use of course, nothing HOLY SHIT CRAZY :P ) then report back to me on these forums VIA Private Message as to the problems you found, so I can fix them all instead of just what I catch by myself.

I also need TRUSTED individuals who wont go spreading my alpha versions around to everyone, taking credit for my work, etc.

So if you think you can do this, reply in this thread, or send me a private message with a good description as to why I should allow you access to my uber-secret goodies for testing
    Last edited by Gothian; 12-01-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Soon you can find my projects at: www.termight.info

Alpha Testers Wanted
    Nosferattu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Alpha Testers Wanted

It might be nice to include what your program is actually going to do before you ask for people to alpha test it. Also a virus scan would be good before I would ever even think about signing up. If you could provide the language you wrote it in that would be nice as well

If you provide these I'll alpha test it depending on what it does.

I'm a VB.Net programmer so I know how to debug and test programs and I've played with C++ and C# so its up to you if you want me to alpha test it. I'm not going to sit here and list all of my qualifications to test your progs

Cheers

Gothian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just generic crap, not one specific program. You can easily scan it yourself. But I only write in .NET. I dont write malicious programs (anymore :P) you can trust what I send you isnt going to wtfbbqpwn your shit, and even if I DID write something malicious... no virus scanner would pick it up because Im not a noob who just binds things with executables, Id write all the code fresh :P But my shit is always 100% safe.

First on the list is the Alpha of my WoW Login Manager for Windows. Yes theres a similar AutoIT (crap) script for it, but mine has multiple account ability. It starts WoW then puts in your account name + pass automatically and hits enter. All fresh .NET code, even stores your passwords encrypted using Symetric Rijndael Cryptography.

I basically need Alpha Testers to attempt to make my program fail at doing its job, see if the interface is working smoothly, etc etc, then report back how they made it fail, what problems they found, and so on. So if you DONT want to, then dont ask to.

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I'm down with this :/ But I need more info - email me it's listed in my profile.

sorvad's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might be interested but, if you could tell more about those programs... what kind of programs is it?

Gothian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Im looking for... is people that I can ask to play with my applications before I want to release them to a larger range of users.

Nothing SPECIFIC, but I have planned projects in the works that I will need some people to help me get all the kinks out before I distribute them as a bug-free release.

Currently Im handing out Alpha versions of my Account Manager for wow. It lets you specify accounts, saves them encrypted, and lets you chose which one you want to log into with just a click or two, then starts wow and logs in for you. It can even be set up so that when you run it, the program automatically logs in on the account you used last. Very easy to use, simple interface.

I want to give it to a small few of people to play with and report back if theres any bugs with it when they use it, so I can fix what I dont catch personally.

Some projects to come are Project "Raptor" which I think users of this forum would kill to get their hands on once its done.

Zore.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill do it E-Mail me [email protected]

Demonkunga's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in. PM me here on MMOwned with information.

fox3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would do it, but I cant for the life of me figure out why you would want me to :P

Although, might i give a suggestion, that you put some tiny insignificant bit of code in to allow you to see who the program was assigned to, if you're paranoid of leaks