Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rift Combat Assistant

Hi

I've been working on a program to keep better track of important cooldowns.
    I think the program is of great help in PvP with showing the current most important cd's of both attacks and buffs

Features:
    Add custom skills with timer.
    Add custom images with each action.
    Place the actionbar wherever you want.
    Know exact when to hit shield,heal,stuns,finishers and semi cd attacks.

The program is still in early Beta and i don't even have a certain name for it yet.
    If there are lots of interests in it i will add more features and finish it, but for now i need a couple of beta testers.
    Anyone interested?

Pictures:

Program:

Placing of actionbar:

Ingame actionshot 1:

Ingame actionshot 2:

Rift Combat Assistant
    Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Approved. I like this.

What did you code it in? Memory writing / Overlay? More information would be nice, just for people to see how possible it is to be detected down the road.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Hetoius's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cache the combatlog to memory for fast access/response. No interference with the gameclient at all.
    Read log -> cache to memory -> output to screen at specified position -> clean memory after timout/countdown.

This can't possible be detected as its completely standalone. Parsing the combatlog for visual aids.

I've been using it some more in battlegrounds now and its extremely useful at timing attacks. Very helpful to see the "effect time" in front of your character.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Been using c sharp with .net 4.0 for this project.

Baronello's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put all that skills in one macros(Most priority/cd at top) and spam it.

Hetoius's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Baronello View Post
    Just put all that skills in one macros(Most priority/cd at top) and spam it.
    Well, lets say you have 4 skills/buff which makes you immune to some degree.
    1 makes you immune 3 sec, 2 makes you immune 6 sec, 3 lowers dmg by 80%, 4th remove all roots etc.
    You put them in 1 button with the highest countdown first.

Without this program you will most definitly waste some of them each time.
    It's to hard to keep track of them in the buff bar, and since they are in a macro you won't see the cooldown. You wouldnt know which buff you got without checking the buffbar all the time. And that buffbar is loaded with other important buffs.

Baronello's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im about attackin skills, important and long cd's im using with my hands.

shaddydxd's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude this is awesome!!! I'm gonna try this asap when i get the chance keep up doing the good work xD +rep

Hetoius's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will try to get a working release out this weekend

tkoreaper's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you possibly do the opposite of what you're doing now and make a spell/debuff timer? Allow us to tell the program the name of the ability we wish to track/time and tell the program a set time. Once the program sees that we cast the spell we listed it'll start a timer, once that time runs out, it tells you that the timer has ended.

Example: I want to track the BM skill Flesh Rip. It's a bleed that has a 6 second CD, but it stays up for 10 seconds. I could macro this ability of course, but because the CD is shorter than it's duration it's not very wise to do so because it will net a DPS loss. I'd like the program to be able to tell me how much time until the 10 seconds is up so I can reapply. That would be extremely helpful because tracking the bleed by looking at the target's debuffs is painful and annoying.

Hetoius's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tkoreaper View Post
    Could you possibly do the opposite of what you're doing now and make a spell/debuff timer? Allow us to tell the program the name of the ability we wish to track/time and tell the program a set time. Once the program sees that we cast the spell we listed it'll start a timer, once that time runs out, it tells you that the timer has ended.

Example: I want to track the BM skill Flesh Rip. It's a bleed that has a 6 second CD, but it stays up for 10 seconds. I could macro this ability of course, but because the CD is shorter than it's duration it's not very wise to do so because it will net a DPS loss. I'd like the program to be able to tell me how much time until the 10 seconds is up so I can reapply. That would be extremely helpful because tracking the bleed by looking at the target's debuffs is painful and annoying.
    It can do that also. It starts a countdown when you cast the effect. you could set it to 10 seconds if you want.

crazymonk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been working something similar but have hit sort of a deadlock. The problem I am having (and one that is pissing me off enough to not want to release it) is that there is absolutely no way to get the current combo points (and such) that were used to cast an ability. What this translates into is that it is impossible to (accurately) keep track of buffs/debuffs that scale in time based on the amount of points used to cast it. The only work around (and an ugly one at that) that I can think of is to monitor for the buff/debuff falling off as well.

How is your parser written? Is is based off any of the three available ones? How fast is it? You say you cache but there really is no reason; since the user decides what skills to monitor would it not be easier to simply check information and discard it upon reading? How fast does your parser run? Judging by your screenshots you are using WPF, is this correct?

----

Sorry to do a bit of hijacking but assuming I can get my problem regarding combo points resolved (I might just ignore it for now) my program (when released) will be a full functional buff/debuff tracking system. You will be able to have buff bars (grouped by categories you set) with the ability to assign a custom layout to each 'action'. It will be capable of everything from boss timers to debuff monitoring. I have kind of put it on hold because of finals/programming projects I have due and because the whole combo point issue bothers me immensely. Anyways; LONG POST FTW!!!

brightemo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @crazymonk
    The only way I can think of tracking combo points, is to also track all the abilities that gain and use them, and then keep an internal count, resetting the count when the victim dies, or changes. Of course this won't help on those abilities that have a % chance to give another combo point (e.g. 1/2 Subterfuge). I guess it would also be a difficult to work out who the current target is when using aoe/multi-target abilities. Maybe you could use method to give an estimated duration, and then watch for the buff falling off to keep it correct.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brightemo View Post
    @crazymonk
    The only way I can think of tracking combo points, is to also track all the abilities that gain and use them, and then keep an internal count, resetting the count when the victim dies, or changes. Of course this won't help on those abilities that have a % chance to give another combo point (e.g. 1/2 Subterfuge). I guess it would also be a difficult to work out who the current target is when using aoe/multi-target abilities. Maybe you could use method to give an estimated duration, and then watch for the buff falling off to keep it correct.
    That is what I was thinking; at the same time I am inclined not to spend so much time on a special case; atm my parser is completely self contained. I would have to expand it to include an actual ability database (or hard code A HUGE AMOUNT of abilities in). I am more inclined to wait and hope they do something about it >.>

brightemo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @crazymonk You could write a script to automate getting most of the data from rift dot zam dot com, but there still skills that need special cases programmed in. There is always the memory reading root to go, all the details you need would be there, it is a lot more difficult than parsing a log file though, unless you know someone who can keep you up to date with memory offsets.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brightemo View Post
    @crazymonk You could write a script to automate getting most of the data from rift dot zam dot com, but there still skills that need special cases programmed in. There is always the memory reading root to go, all the details you need would be there, it is a lot more difficult than parsing a log file though, unless you know someone who can keep you up to date with memory offsets.
    Memory reading is possible and wouldn't be too bad (I am no stranger to sig. scanning); the major issue I have there is that the project on a whole is meant to be publicly released and I am fairly certain people would be against using a program that essentially breaks the EULA/TOS. As for ripping data from zam; all of the data zam uses is actually distributed free of charge by Trion themselves. Getting it into a useable form wouldn't be hard; having to essentially double the code base to handle and make use of it wood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast