0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by llammahed View Post
    I didn't mean to bust any balls about "Try the gateway, you're better off" but it appeared most 'funny' business happens through there.
    I've used filters to modify the packets in transit but it's likely that I'm modifying the wrong values. My methods are clear, but my skills of find-the-value are lacking at the least.

We were trying to break down the values in both Professions and AH but it was difficult to discriminate between item values and other values. I'm going to spend more time with that tomorrow and hand my wife a $100 to go shopping: clarity.

Elite or not, I'm going to make sure I've given all my brains to cracking something, even if it is my own skull.
    Toss me a message when you have time to start working on things. I've made some pretty noteable progress, and have produced results. I've yet to be able to reproduce those results, however.

SDEEZY's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sketchy21 View Post
    Just a quick question what browsers are you guys hooking WPE into? I've been using Firefox, tried IE and Chrome with no luck.

Also, same for me on the random number stuff. Last time I used WPE was for a Flash Game called Dragon Fable and it was super easy :P
    What do you mean by "random number stuff"? The numbers aren't random. Packets are very simple to figure out. Also you don't want to use WPE for sniffing packets on Neverwinter. WPE records too much garbage. Easiest way to find out what packets do what is the figure out the headers of each packet and what those headers are for. After that you need to distinguish the time stamps in those packets(best to code your own PE so you can randomize the time stamp at any given time sent such as RiPE). Remember if you can read packets then you probably can't read hex either. There isn't anything inside a specific packet that is a "random number stuff". Also most MMO's need recv injection in order to find anything worth keeping. Yes you can find a few good things by sending from client to server. But mostly from server to client with recv injection. Which you can also do with RiPE. Just make sure that you find out what bytes are doing what. I myself learned packet editing off a gay ole game called MapleStory that I made plenty of USD$. When you find nice dupes keep them to yourself and 1 friend(sometimes not even that.) People that release dupes have either used them for a while and already made enough IRL money off of it and release it so it gets patched. Either to cover their ass/they found another way to dupe that wont be looked upon once they released the other dupe/exploit. Feel free to PM me if you need help reading packets.

-SD

Sirmabus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be obvious, but the client packets are encrypted.
    You won't get very far with WPE unless you work out a system to handle this.
    I know this as a fact from reversing some of the the client.

A tip, most raw data you look at will typically have a lot of zeros in it.
    Call it "entropy". Encrypted, and, or, compressed data will tend to have a lot more 1's in it.
    You will see a lot more FF-EE-DD (hex) ranged values as opposed to zeros..

Alan1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok...........................................

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123