Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Some questions about memory reading and more (C#)

Hey guys,

I made an script in autoit for Guild Wars some time ago and I used Cheat Engine to change the values to make my Character move etc.

Now I, as im nearly finished with my education as Software Engineer I want to start programming things for games. For that, I need to read Data like Health, mana and make the Character move etc.

So I've got a few questions:

1. Do I only need Cheat Engine - if yes, I need to read the guides if no read question 2 pls :P
    2. Do I need the packages and how can I stop and read them. Dunno how to describe it.

I'll programm in C# for SWTOR.

Edit: Forgot to note that I've got no experience in such things like packages and sorry for my bad english... :P

Greets
    Last edited by Neoneas; 01-10-2012 at 05:42 AM.

[Question] Some questions about memory reading and more (C#)
    SinfulAnthraX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Neoneas View Post
    Hey guys,

I made an script in autoit for Guild Wars some time ago and I used Cheat Engine to change the values to make my Character move etc.

Now I, as im nearly finished with my education as Software Engineer I want to start programming things for games. For that, I need to read Data like Health, mana and make the Character move etc.

So I've got a few questions:

1. Do I only need Cheat Engine - if yes, I need to read the guides if no read question 2 pls :P
    2. Do I need the packages and how can I stop and read them. Dunno how to describe it.

I'll programm in C# for SWTOR.

Edit: Forgot to note that I've got no experience in such things like packages and sorry for my bad english... :P

Greets

If you're about to be a software engineer, you don't sound like you're going to be a very good one based on those questions... Cheat Engine is a program for reading and writing to memory... Any of the C programming languages to can do that...

Below is a link for everything you need to know... Kernal32 hooks + read/write... However writing is probably not suggested unless you do it in a very creative way..

ReadProcessMemory function

JoshDylan's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rofl Sinful. But seriously, you may want to study a bit more. Those are pretty basic questions to a basic C developer.
    Linux Server Administrator III - Need help? Let me know!