Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I tranfer a mall from 1 db to the other???

ok I want to take a mall & everthing with it & transfer it to another database both are in sql but I dont know what all tables I need to transfer it or if I could compile them some how???? when I try to execute the hole database into the one I want to try to transfer it to sql crashes I know that I may have to respawn all the vendors but how do I transfer the malls????? or how do I compile the databases cause they are almost the same & would be great together??

How do I tranfer a mall from 1 db to the other???
    Mephistopheles's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You kinda can't. You can copy the files for the vendors and items but you'll have to probably redo most of it.

kate1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want the whole db in a sql file for so to execute it to another? if so you can press the dump sql file at that db all you stuff is in and it will write out a sql file for you (I think, havent tested) and empty the db you want it in and pres refresh object browser (if its sqlyog, if its navicat its something like that too)and so just execute it. I dont kn ow if its this you mean but nice if i could help you XD

King Shaun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I posted about this before, in future you could read other peoples threads first instead of spamming forum.

Do what kate said but remove the parts of the file you don't want and SQL won't crash!

If you understand what I mean you've got it! :P

Many kind regards,
    Shaun.

Threads of the Week: [Errage] [Blizzard] [Rapidshare]

PRIMO12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SEdwards1 View Post
    Yes, I posted about this before, in future you could read other peoples threads first instead of spamming forum.

Do what kate said but remove the parts of the file you don't want and SQL won't crash!

If you understand what I mean you've got it! :P

Many kind regards,
    Shaun.
    First off thanks for being a dick & yes you probably did make a post about this befor but people dont like when you bring up old post or they wont reply to old post even if there is a new reply with a question & how do you know this is the exact same thing???? instead of being a dick why didnt you post the link to your post so I could read it & besides when you search for post it doesnt always bring them up cause how old they are so next time try to help or dont reply to my post Last thing I need is a smart ass who doesnt know shit

Yeah I was thinking that about the database I was gonna upload the database & then back it up as data only then execute it to the database to see if I could get something out of it but if not ill back up the tables in parts & then load them 1 by 1 & if I have to I'll spawn the npc's after loading the malls location I believe it is a custom location that was loaded in the repack so I want to pull it out & use it else where so....

yeah I had went out tonight so I havent been around to reply but I wanted to compile the database together if nothing else would work I know it can be done but I dont know exactly what tables I'll need to remove & what 1's I need to use if I take my time I bet I can do it but I put my question out there to see what anyone knew about doing this
    Last edited by PRIMO12; 12-31-2007 at 05:47 AM.

PRIMO12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    backing up the tables 1 by 1 seems to be the trick with alittle editing of the files so they match the database befor executing into the database is doing it just make sure not to over write anything just insert into & change all sql id's first its a long deal but its working not dont change game object ids

everything seems to be going in fine but I'll post once more incase this helps anyone later on
    Last edited by PRIMO12; 12-31-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Xeneth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of calling someone a dick over and over and then double-posting, You could have just asked for a link to the topic. Or click on SEdwards1's profile and view all threads by user and find the topic yourself.

Before asking for something, It helps to look for yourself, and This forum does have a search function.

Don't go around badmouthing people as a leecher, Unless you have the means and have already tried to contribute.

Steph's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you could do, once you know a little bit more about the core and databases, is to manually create an SQL file that has the positions of the NPCs on the map, using their co-ords to place them.

I think there may be a way (I hope) of comparing and exporting the differences between two SQL databases - say you download the latest 770, import it into two databases so that they are the same, then in one of those databases you place your NPCs. Im not sure if there is a tool to do it, but possibly you could compare the db with the NPCs, to the one without, and export the differences in the tables.

Alternatively you could do it manually by looking at the tables, and exporting them so you could reimport them later. It just takes a lot of time.

Also, I think instead of people saying 'search' or 'read other threads' and coming off like flamers, perhaps if you could give the user the thread yourself, you would save them some time, and this place would be better because of it.

Alternatively, if you dont have anything to contribute to help people, just stay the hell out of the thread.

Xeneth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to mess with this and try it out. Manually, but it's a start, I'll tell you if it works out steph, I won't take any credit what-so-ever, that's a great idea, +rep for innovation , i like that

Steph's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please take credit if you find a way, and share it. If we can export changes between two databases, it means that malls, and addons become more future proof and update-able.

PRIMO12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xeneth View Post
    Instead of calling someone a dick over and over and then double-posting, You could have just asked for a link to the topic. Or click on SEdwards1's profile and view all threads by user and find the topic yourself.

Before asking for something, It helps to look for yourself, and This forum does have a search function.

Don't go around badmouthing people as a leecher, Unless you have the means and have already tried to contribute.

Ok sounds good but I am not all that forum smart for seaching out post & then I have to search out on what of the 20+ pages the anwser is on so I started a new post yes I called him a dick by making a new post no one has considered that I have searched the forums & didnt find the anwser & he could of been more of a help then drawing me off my search with his post (& i did read it & was no help)

as for being a leecher I dont really care about how much I contribut to these forums I have only been using them to fix & have my database work properly If I have anything to post to contribut I'll be taking full credit for it I am not a commiunty, group or paid website with a database I am 1 person with only 2 programs php myadmin & mysql nothing else is needed to run a public server I dont use any editing programs I make all changes in my sql by my self by hand & with note pad & how do you know that I am not working up to posting some new info to contribut and would like to use my own post as a point to refer too as so many people do but what ever Im a leecher so.....

& so everyone knows I have compiled my databases like I was tryin to do from 2 repacks they are now all together as 1 & i didnt have to respawn 1 npc into the database & i will be posting it here soon on how I did it I want to finish uploading my custom items & renaming my npcs so the people that play my server can get back to playing because I have had it offline to work on it

but Thanks Anyways
    Last edited by PRIMO12; 01-01-2008 at 07:37 PM.