0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loot table community

So this might not be an exploit to speak, but just might be a better way to spend those shards.. It also depends on my understanding of loot tables. As far as i know they are determined from game to game and not differently for each character entering the game.

After looking at the loot tables here Legendary Drop Rates Data - Torment Drop %
    i realized that i had already found a lot of the really rare items (focus, 2x Mr yan, 2x Pox faulds, 2x rhimeheart, shard of hate and velvet cameral). I play wizzard BTW (and i can use 0 of the rare legs found )

So i thought about making a community where you could write in the chat if you found one of the rare items.. or maybe just a coveted item.

Example:
    1) I find The Witching Hour - Game Guide - Diablo III and now that i got one, im HAPPY
    (might decide to gamble for a better before leaving the game though now that it is in the table)

2) I enjoy a coke and decide to share the hapiness, so i write in the comunnity chat "Withcing hour found, table unconfirmed 1", and confirms it with a pic of my WH

3) other ppl who wants to gamble for witching hour joins and gambles (i can leave now). Before the other people leave, they make sure there is at least 1 person left to recruit. that person writes ""Withcing hour found, table unconfirmed 4 (if he is the fouth person, and no WH's are found), OR "Withcing hour found, table confirmed! " if he or someone else has found one.

3) more ppl. enter and if another WH is not found until 10th person, the game is allowed to be left to die if people decides so. (probably not smart loot then)
    - generally i think people shouldn't leave until "Withcing hour found, table unconfirmed 10" but something can always get in the way, and it's a free service, so no consequences there.

Well.. that was my thoughts.. any1 want to test with me?
    I think i named the community "Loot table searchers" in english communities

Loot table community
    mugendc4's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from what I was reading, loot table is based on per character and per game. Meaning, if you loot table contains a witching hour and you invite others to your game, their loot table may not contain witching hour. .

ccrackheads's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mugendc4 View Post
    from what I was reading, loot table is based on per character and per game. Meaning, if you loot table contains a witching hour and you invite others to your game, their loot table may not contain witching hour. .
    ^This.
    It's already been shown that if you get a specific item from kadala (in this case, a witching hour), even if you leave a multiplayer game just to switch characters, the other character will (most likely) not have the same loot table. I'm sure there's a .00001% chance of getting the same loot table 2 times in a row... Monkey typing Shakespeare, right?

alexchong52's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread fails hard. Close it right now. Another dumb ass post.

Igzz's Avatar ✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    59/76
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but pretty positive they are also act based. I botted around 200 hours of chest runs in act 1, and then later switched and botted in act 4 and got very very large amount of brand new items that have never dropped before. This was a while back however, probably a month and a half ago?

nhjelle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Igzz View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but pretty positive they are also act based. I botted around 200 hours of chest runs in act 1, and then later switched and botted in act 4 and got very very large amount of brand new items that have never dropped before. This was a while back however, probably a month and a half ago?
    No.
    /10char

motyl3k's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I will give it definitely a try, as based on my personal experience I believe that loot tables exist and they are not player specific, but common for all players in the game (some examples that lead me to such belief are eg. pox faulds dropped for me only 1x in month and a half of every day playing and one minute later another pair was obtained by my GF from Kadala, Focus drop & Restraint purchase from Kadala half an hour later etc.), but they do change in time even in the same game (how frequently I have no idea).
    Even if I am mistaken and Im making conclusion from extreme situations, such community would confirm/reject loot table myths very quickly if enough players participate, so in my opinion its very good idea. Some players on forums are just saying BS or dumb as post, but they are not really convicing why is that, I have not seen any proof that loot tables are not in place... please give me that.

Originally Posted by ccrackheads View Post
    ^This.
    It's already been shown that if you get a specific item from kadala (in this case, a witching hour), even if you leave a multiplayer game just to switch characters, the other character will (most likely) not have the same loot table. I'm sure there's a .00001% chance of getting the same loot table 2 times in a row... Monkey typing Shakespeare, right?
    Please can you link information where/how this was shown?

Rguy's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzard already said this whole loot tables thing is false...

Danage's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time a blue has posted false/wrong information.

motyl3k's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
    I know about blue posts.. If you mean these for example..
    Are game specific loot tables real? - Forums - Diablo III
    Each sentence written in these blue posts can be easily disputed and it should be corrected, ammended ... to be even believable.

Posted by Lylirra - "For clarity, items and their stats are determined at the time that they're generated in the game world."

Of course that its like that, how else would you like to create items? You can (and you should) add "based on certain rules" at the end of that sentence and such statement would be still be true.. and the "rules" (affecting which items are going to be generated) are there, just take cache-only drops into account, in this case you have to add "based on certain rules", otherwise you are not telling the whole truth about loot creation, same thing applies for difficulties, there are torment only legendaries.. this clearly means that loot is predetermined, it does matter if you join game in normal or Tx mode of course.. question is how many layers of "predetermination" are there and not IF they are there...

People tend to take blue words as holy, but its often very vague and ommitting various aspects of the game.
    Not to mention there are bugs in the game that even they are not aware, can be very hard to identify and that can affect loot.. Look at number of bugs in this game, its crazy. They dont have it under control..
    That said, I will act based on my observations rather than blue words. And results of such loot table community will be more relevant than those blue posts..
    If anyone has some real and convicing facts that would prove such community meaningless, please share.

tonyv82's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in patch notes for hot fix of 2.0.4 there was a line saying:
    champion packs and elite packs now have the same loot table

so loot tables exist, but they are different for every monster.
    dont know how they vary between characters or any other thing

xenologix's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, people believe in this stupid loot table fallacy without even data to assess its existence.
    On the other hand, they completely reject blizzard posts and common sense because they can't prove that loot tables don't exist.

Wow, I have never seen such backward thinking.

Originally Posted by tonyv82 View Post
    in patch notes for hot fix of 2.0.4 there was a line saying:
    champion packs and elite packs now have the same loot table

so loot tables exist, but they are different for every monster.
    dont know how they vary between characters or any other thing
    This post gave me cancer. Your quote is wrong and your understanding of the term loot table in this context is wrong.
    The forum is full of people like this that distort the facts and then create conspiracies.
    Last edited by xenologix; 05-29-2014 at 08:20 AM.

motyl3k's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xenologix View Post
    So, people believe in this stupid loot table fallacy without even data to assess its existence.
    On the other hand, they completely reject blizzard posts and common sense because they can't prove that loot tables don't exist.

Wow, I have never seen such backward thinking.

This post gave me cancer. Your quote is wrong and your understanding of the term loot table in this context is wrong.
    The forum is full of people like this that distort the facts and then create conspiracies.
    Well I think that in this matter we can split ppl on forums into 2 categories, one believe in RNG and blue posts and second that believe in what they see happening in "in-game reality". What is for sure is that both groups dont really know, they just believe. Yet certain individuals call the others stupid, because they dont believe in the same thing nothing new here, gonna earn some more shards so I can test loot tables further, bye guys and peace

xenologix's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by motyl3k View Post
    Well I think that in this matter we can split ppl on forums into 2 categories, one believe in RNG and blue posts and second that believe in what they see happening in "in-game reality". What is for sure is that both groups dont really know, they just believe. Yet certain individuals call the others stupid, because they dont believe in the same thing nothing new here, gonna earn some more shards so I can test loot tables further, bye guys and peace
    It's not about "believing" in RNG and blue posts.
    Just as you don't "believe" in science compared to religion.
    It's just knowing the parameters to take into account before blindly believing something.

Statistically speaking, it's a fact that there is variance in any random occurence. And in order to obtain a real mean value (e.g. an actual idea of if loot tables are real), you need a HUGE amount of data. Yet, people instantly conclude they exist when, once in their life, a specific legendary dropped 3 times in the same game. And then they just ignore the rest of their 300+ hours when this didn't happen at all.
    So sorry if it's rude but when people say that they dropped 3 thunderfuries in the same game, so loot tables are real; to me it looks just as uneducated as someone who got a 6 three times in a row with a dice and then declares the dice is rigged.

ccrackheads's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by motyl3k View Post
    Please can you link information where/how this was shown?
    Play the game and you'll see that you don't roll the same legendaries in the same game on different toons. But since that probably won't be enough for you...

"-The loot table is determined by toon, per game. If it were possible to play in one game indefinitely, there would be certain legendaries you would have mountains of, and certain ones that will never drop. You could open 50 A1 Cache and not get a single RRoG because RRoG is not in your table for that game. "
    TealDawn: RNG: Debunked and explained

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast