82/167
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raider.IO Launches Classic Raider.IO

Raider.IO has launched Classic Raider.IO, offering data and information for Classic World of Warcraft players! Classic Raider.IO will start off with basic tools, such as Character and Guild info (Armory), but additional features will be coming, such as the Raider.IO Guild Recruitment System.

Raider.IO is excited to announce the expansion of the website’s features, data, and services into the Classic version of World of Warcraft, with the creation of classic.raider.io!

Until recently, it has been incredibly difficult for players to source data and information on Characters, Guilds, and Realms for the various versions of Classic WoW, such as Classic Era, Classic Era Season of Mastery, and Wrath Classic. This was due to the API not being available, which forced players to manually input their gear, talents, and other statistics into spreadsheets and other platforms simply to calculate the basics or to share their information with others. Raider.IO made a number of requests over the last year+ for access to the Classic API, and that request was finally granted!

Blizzard released the API for Classic Era to coincide with the recent launch of the Official Hardcore Realms. With the surge of players now flocking to test their mettle against Kobolds and Murlocs, Raider.IO wanted to be able to provide an Armory and other services to the Community.

Raider.IO Classic officially launched on August 26th with the basics of Character, Guild, and Realm data. Since launch, the team has been hard at work adding additional features, such as Advanced Search and User Profiles. In days to come, players will be able to make use of the Raider.IO Recruitment System and more!

Why Raider.IO Classic?

Bringing Raider.IO to Classic World of Warcraft has been a goal for many years now, as the core mission of Raider.IO is to provide easily-digestible data and information to the WoW Community – something which has been lacking for Classic WoW due to the unavailability of the API until recently. Over the many years of World of Warcraft, data has become an integral part of developing Characters, Guilds, and more. Classic players have not had a central hub to find the information they need, and that is something Raider.IO has been wanting to provide… and finally can!

I began playing Classic in earnest when The Burning Crusade Classic was released, and I currently consider myself a “Classic Main” – raiding on multiple characters in Wrath of the Lich King, and also giving Hardcore Classic a shot. The nostalgia for the raids, the story, and the game designs is what continues to entice me, but the game has certainly changed since the original launch. Data and information have become so much more important, and not having it readily available like I’ve become accustomed to from Retail has been a source of frustration as a Classic player. Raider.IO Classic is more to me than an exciting expansion of the services we provide to the Community, it’s also something I’ve been wanting as a player myself. I cannot wait to see what we’re able to build, and I’m thrilled to be a part of it!

-Hulahoops
    Raider.IO General Manager

Raider.IO Launches Classic Raider.IO