0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Billinator,
    can you maybe do a detail guide,im a german and its very hard to understand.

[Guide] Basic Simple Guide to MyWarcraftStudio Model Editing.
    BlackerC's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Tut Lex.. Was looking for some just like this!

Thanks for the work. =)

+Rep+Rep

Billinator's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sneakys
    thanks m8 it worked.

only bad thing is: when i use the flightpath my game crashes. as soon as i click the flightpath npc i see the same thing on the screenshot above and then crashes. any solution for that ?

i also see that skin if i mount up, but that doesn't crash the game
    Hmm... Not my area of expertise, i'm afraid. Could you perhaps post some of the details described after the game has crashed?

Currently, i had somewhat the same problem when i tried to make the Druid Cat to Worgen (werewolf) skin. Some animations were missing, and caused the game to crash while doing actions the model did not have. In this case, the Worgen (as Cat Form) could not take actions which required it to enter a cast-state (such as opening chests, use items with cast time, gather herbs etc.). But i'm afraid you need to look deeper into the MPQ-files and find the correct animations. Worse, my theory is that you need to hex-edit to make it work. But my guess is as good as yours, mate.

Originally Posted by nonose
    Hey Billinator,
    can you maybe do a detail guide,im a german and its very hard to understand.
    Well... As i've said, i'm really not much of a expert on this. But i have a little understanding of how Blizzard made their skin-files. I'll try 'n explain...

A Blizzard models consists of:
    .m2-file - The basic of the model. It's the skeleton of the 3D figure.
    .anim-file - The animation-file, i think (not completely sure)
    .skin-file - The file which tells WoW how to apply the textures.
    .blp-file - The texture-file.

The basic idea is, that you have a "skeleton" 3D-model (the .m2-file), which is a high amount of threats combined as a shape. In this case as the shape of a human-model. Then you have the textures (the .blp-file), which, in basic, is a flat image you knit around the 3D skeleton. In WoW, they use .skin files to tell the game how to apply the texture to the 3D model, and some .anim-files to tell the game how the character moves.

Thats as far as my understanding goes, when concerning WoW.

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Blizzard models consists of:
    .m2-file - The basic of the model. It contains information about the textures to use, the vertices, particle emmiters, attachments etc.
    .anim-file - The animation-file, it holds the animationblocks for specific animations (mostly emotes)
    .skin-file - The file containing the render order for the vertices per lod. (and geosets / bone association)
    .blp-file - The texture-file.

You have got it pretty well. Except for the .skin files .. Nobody seems to get them.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate!

Maybe one should look deeper into those .skin files. It bothers me not knowing what does what.

But right now, i'm just wondering how to get an idea of what .anim-file does what, and if it's possible to transfer them from one model to another. The old Druid Cat Worgen had alot of emotes, i believe, it originally did not have. And by looking the old files over, it contained some hex editing which, i believe made it capable of using /emotes. My game still crashes when, as i've described earlier, are using actions the model clearly does not have - in this case, such as actions which requires channeling/casting (e.g. Gathering herbs). And sinde i have no idea of what each file does - individually - i do not know what to do to fix this.

Can anyone perhaps pinpoint me in some direction of where to put my attention..?

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the models have the same bone count, it may be possible. If not, it'd be hard.

To get information about the files themselves: M2/WotLK - WoW.Dev Wiki

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a bunch, mate - i'll look into this!

kokoro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not possible to do this way now, since the program crashes if u target any .M2 file.
    But if u do as Billinator said, extract the map of the .M2 file and replace the name of the race you want to become with your race, and make it into a MPQ file it should work.
    I've tried it but when i make it into a MPQ file its 22 kb big, and nothing in it....
    What am i doing wrong? anyone know?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
    It's not possible to do this way now, since the program crashes if u target any .M2 file.
    But if u do as Billinator said, extract the map of the .M2 file and replace the name of the race you want to become with your race, and make it into a MPQ file it should work.
    I've tried it but when i make it into a MPQ file its 22 kb big, and nothing in it....
    What am i doing wrong? anyone know?
    I've encountered this problem myself some times, and i believe it's because the programs we use haven't been updated. But even though this problem has occured for me alot of times, all i needed to do was to do it all over again. It's kinda like there's a chance you won't get any result (i.e. Empty files). But keep trying (start from the point where you already had extracted the files into a folder, reload and "save".) and it might just work. It did for me at least...

-Bill-

kokoro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Billinator View Post
    I've encountered this problem myself some times, and i believe it's because the programs we use haven't been updated. But even though this problem has occured for me alot of times, all i needed to do was to do it all over again. It's kinda like there's a chance you won't get any result (i.e. Empty files). But keep trying (start from the point where you already had extracted the files into a folder, reload and "save".) and it might just work. It did for me at least...

-Bill-
    Bold text, dont quite follow you where to start O_O
    Can you explain it a little more in detail? (not so good with this)

Merguy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I load the common.MPQ the only character folders are FelOrc, BROKEN, ForestTroll, Goblin, Naga_ , and Skeleton. So no playable races. Also when I click them, mywcstudio has an error and closes Can someone help?

Karzyo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide doesn't work either, just tried everything, exactly to the letter, and nothing worked.

Nodonn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My version of MWCS doesn't open the common.mpq .
    Can anyone link me the newest version of MyWarCraftStudio please?

nightscar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could anyone help me? when i click on a human male it says " MyWarCraftStudio has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. " everytime.

Creepwalker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    16/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe I head somewhere they changed the models somewhat. You will have to wait for someone to update MWCS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe theres a fix for model editing on live yet?

Or at least I haven't found one that works for me

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast