0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Fix jaws for X -> scourge swaps

Couldn't find a guide for this so here's mine .

For this you will need:
    -MyWarcraftStudio
    -a DBC editor
    -WoW model viewer

Start by opening WoW model viewer. Load your race/sex and take a look at the (default) top-right panel. Browse facial features until you find yours and put the number in notepad so you don't forget it.

Now open MyWarcraftStudio and load World of Warcraft\Data\enXX\patch-enXX.mpq
    Where I write enXX, it'll be enUS or enGB, depending on what client you have installed.
    Once you've loaded the .mpq, expand DBFilesClient. Extract CharFacialHairStyles.dbc to where you will find it easily.

Now look in the table below, pick out the race ID that matches your race (before the race swap, of course). Also put that number in the notepad with your facial feature number.

Now open the .dbc file you extracted using any dbc editor.
    The left-most row is your race ID (second number you noted). The second row is gender (0 for male, 1 for female). The third row is facial features (first number you noted).

*Update Nov 12, 2008: supposedly you need to change Field 3 instead of Field 6 as of patch 3.x
    Haven't tested it myself.

Look for the race/gender/facial feature style combination of your character.
    Then change Field 6* (the row after the rows with the big numbers) to either 2, 3 or 4. The image below shows what each number represents.

Then simply create (or edit) an mpq file, then add the edited .dbc file as:
    DBFilesClient\CharacterFacialHairStyles.dbc

Then save and close the .mpq file and you're done.

Happy editing, everybody!
    Last edited by Grymskvll; 11-12-2008 at 11:41 AM.
    Infiltrate, ejaculate, evacuate

[Guide] Fix jaws for X -> scourge swaps
    blukkiee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro. +rep.

Mudkip's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    allready known that, but a lot of people are crying about such things, that's why
    +Rep

Ninian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to do this same thing but with ud female to draenei female, and i had a problem that maybe you could help with.

I went and found all of the race5 gender1 (ud female entries basically) and filled out the field6 on all of those entries with draenei horn styles, which would basically give my draenei horns, or so i thought. Now when i try to load the game with model edit fix it just says nothing and closes. So i tried to just load wow and it says charfacialhairstyles.dbc is corrupt. I've read a lot of different guides trying to figure this out before and Im almost 100% certain i have did everything right

I packed the file as DBFilesClient\ChairFacialHairStyles.dbc, and named the mpq patch-x.MPQ.

I also have the model edit fix for 2.3.2 which is the current patch, it works with normal race edits, but not when I try to put in my own patch to fix the horns, maybe i did something wrong in editing the dbc? Could use some help if you can.

I didnt just edit my own characters geoset column if thats any help, I edited every UD Female entry so other models on my screen not just mine would have horns too, but maybe you cant do that heh. I used numbers 1-8 in the columns.

Fershie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually read your hairstyle change guide while trying to do this. I experimented a bit before finding this (I'm completely new to this stuff, my friend gave me files to do UD Male=> Human Female; my UD Male has a messed up face, resulting in an UD jaw on my Human Female), and I opened CharacterFacialHairStyles and messed around with that ... Basically, there are 17 different facial options for UD (0-16) and in CharacterFacialHairStyles there's 0-16 of Race: 5, Gender: 0. So ... I assumed that those 0-16 were the different facial features and that in order to change my facial feature (10) to the facial feature I want (0 - that would make it the clean UD Face, resulting in no messups when it was converted to Human Female), I would just have to convert the numbers on:

5 0 10

to the same ones as (without changing the 5 0 10; it ends up only being one number different, the 2nd last column, 5 0 10 is a 0, and 5 0 0 is a 2):

5 0 0

Anyways, I tried doing that (to start with when I open in DBC Editor, it gives me an error and asks if I want to continue or quit, is this supposed to happen?), but when I create a new patch (I've tried patch-6, patch-7, patch-8, patch-z, patch-k, patch-a, etc) and try to open WoW it says files are corrupt blah blah blah CharacterFacialHairStyles ... I'm wondering if you have any idea what I could be doing wrong, and as I haven't actually been able to log in with a patch to test if it works or not, I was wondering if you think this would work in the way I want it to (not sure if I explained it that well, basically what I'm hoping will happen is if I can convert my UD's face to the clean UD Face, when it's model edited from ScM=>HuF the HuF face won't have any UD impurities on it).

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for the guides :]

Grymskvll's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ninian View Post
    DBFilesClientChairFacialHairStyles.dbc
    I didn't know chairs have facial hair.

Originally Posted by Fershie View Post
    rant
    I'm guessing you don't have the 2.3.2 fix. The same might go for Ninian.

Ninian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured out my problem, I was using the .dbc file from the locale-enus, and you need to (at least for my setup) use the one from the patch.mpq. Only problem im having now is that my draenei female with horns now has wierd colored horns and i dont know which part of the dbc represents that so i can fix that too.

Fershie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Grymskvll View Post
    I'm guessing you don't have the 2.3.2 fix. The same might go for Ninian.
    Is there a way to check if I have the 2.3.2 fix? Like I said ... I'm completely new to this ... like 2 days new :[ The WoWME I'm using is the one my friend gave me, and it works fine with the Scourge Male => Human Female edit he gave me. Thanks for the quick reply though :]

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to check if I have the 2.3.2 fix? Like I said ... I'm completely new to this ... like 2 days new :[ The WoWME I'm using is the one my friend gave me, and it works fine with the Scourge Male => Human Female edit he gave me. Thanks for the quick reply though :]
    Well did your friend give it before or after the patch?

Edit: I'm not really getting what you've done from what you've posted, could you just post a pic? That should clear things up.
    Last edited by Grymskvll; 01-13-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Fershie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Grymskvll View Post
    Well did your friend give it before or after the patch?

Edit: I'm not really getting what you've done from what you've posted, could you just post a pic? That should clear things up.
    He gave it to me like 2 days ago... so post patch

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...37/ScM-HuF.jpg

that's what it looks like with the ScM-HuF and I want to like... make it just look completely human. If I get a feature-less face then it won't be messed up like that... so I'm trying to change the features of my face to the featureless version. I hope that's more understandable :X

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He gave it to me like 2 days ago... so post patch

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...37/ScM-HuF.jpg

that's what it looks like with the ScM-HuF and I want to like... make it just look completely human. If I get a feature-less face then it won't be messed up like that... so I'm trying to change the features of my face to the featureless version. I hope that's more understandable :X
    I was multi-tasking a few mins ago but now that I've re-read your previous posts, I think this is what happens: when you have a race edit on, you still get the ScM facial features and when you try to change the face, you get an error?

Fershie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, pretty much :X Just the eyebrows/jaw are messed up, but they're pretty noticeable.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either you have the wrong fix or you messed up somewhere. Are you sure you took the dbc file out of patch.mpq? Check file names otherwise.

Fershie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually in the past hour or so, I read this guide and realized that I was using locale (I experimented for a while after reading your hairstyle changing guide, just recently found this one) so I went back and did the same stuff except in patch.mpq. After doing that, I experimented with the 2 columns that there are actually numbers in for scourge and now I know that: The first column = what type of jaw (already shown in your first post) and the second is if the character has eyes or not ... So ... in CharacterFacialHairStyles, I can't change the facial features that I want to change :| That said, the original questions I asked are irrelevant.

So my new problem is: I need to find where to edit, because it's not in CharacterFacialHairStyles. I don't know if you'll be able to help with that, but thanks for the help+replies with all the other stuff :]

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my new problem is: I need to find where to edit, because it's not in CharacterFacialHairStyles. I don't know if you'll be able to help with that, but thanks for the help+replies with all the other stuff :]

It might be the third, fourth and fifth rows in CharacterFacialHairStyles but I don't have the time to experiment atm. You could try looking at the numbers in those 3 rows and compare it to facial features in wow model viewer, then find a relation.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast