0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GUIDE: Armor Swap Part 1

I have a problem. I changed the looks of Crown of Destruction/Zandalar Predator's Mantle to Cryptstalker Helm/Cryptstalker Spaulders. Everything went fine except from one thing. My new Cryptstalker looking Zandalar shoulders still have the old texture (the orange, red ones) and not the Cryptstalker texture. How do I fix that?

[Guide] Armor Swap Part 1
    Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by rusleape
    I have a problem. I changed the looks of Crown of Destruction/Zandalar Predator's Mantle to Cryptstalker Helm/Cryptstalker Spaulders. Everything went fine except from one thing. My new Cryptstalker looking Zandalar shoulders still have the old texture (the orange, red ones) and not the Cryptstalker texture. How do I fix that?
    U somewhere messed up the .blp file

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

rusleape's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. I now understand more what the problem is. I couldnt find the name of the Zandalar shoulders in either www.goblinworkshop.com or MWS. I had to use WMW and figure out the name of the *.m2-files. So, the only thing I need is the name of the *.blp-file for the Zandalar Predator's Mantle. Then I am 99% sure I can fix the texture. So, anyone who know's the complete filename of the BLP I am looking for?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The .blp is the same as the .m2, just begins with L_Shoulder or R_Shoulder, btw whats WMW, u mean Warcraft model viewer? I might put that in my guide if thats what ur talking about, i dont use it, but will make it easier to find armor and weapons

"If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

Nelf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, when i try to copy/paste the file name when editing my speech2.mpq file, it takes up too much space, so i cannot finish the file directory. Is there any way to stop it from having a set limit on the number of characters it allows?

EDIT: Nvm, just took yet another new version of Mywarcraftstudio
    Last edited by Nelf; 10-30-2006 at 05:56 PM.

_mynameis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a rather "huge" problem.
    my hat "Adventurer's Pith Helmet" is changed to "Dragonstalker Helmet" but it still looks like the previous one but with a slight change the colors.
    pics here:

Is there possibly anything to do about it? as it looks ugly as hell

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by _mynameis
    I have a rather "huge" problem.
    my hat "Adventurer's Pith Helmet" is changed to "Dragonstalker Helmet" but it still looks like the previous one but with a slight change the colors.
    pics here:

Is there possibly anything to do about it? as it looks ugly as hell
    The reason is u didnt do the .m2 swap right, or basically the model. I think it looks kool personally

_mynameis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, alright, thought it just wasn't possible changing it so i kinda gave up, heh thanks for the reply! +rep :-)

Gazebo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just can't get this to work i've followed this word for word and it wont work...

and i know i've been getting my race right..

It wont ever show up when i log in... i got it set as speech2.MPQ im chaing my shoulder pads to Felheart shoulder pads so i extract my shoulder pads BLP and M2 to Shoulder file and rename them to the felheart shoulder pads model name i go in and pack it into a MPQ and it still wont show..

Elites360's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what u do is. find the M2 and BLP that u want ot change your shoulders to. then find the model and texture name of your actully shoudlers. renmae the felheart ones to your actully shoulders name, put them in a MPQ chane is to Patch-7(u can change to Patch-4,Patch-5,Patch-6,Patch-7,Patch-8,Patch-9)

i never gave u a +rpe for this guide....soooo +rep
    Last edited by Elites360; 11-23-2006 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Robin133's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i just started using this guide and when i start the studio thingy and try to get up all the files i go into the data file and i cant find any of the files u have all i have is a enGB file common.MPQ and patch.MPQ file sorry for being a noob could u help me out here ?

Metro-Cube's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I appreciate the guide and it's helped me get started on some of my first model changes. But I've always been frustrated with the fact that my character is wearing a dress, I just want some decent pants!

So I got started on DBC editing to try and get some pants. Now I know that this thread isn't about DBC editing, but I can't seem to start new threads so I'm going to post my problem here. I think I'm doing everything right; I've followed the instructions about DBC editing listed here [http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-editing/3172-dbc-editing-change-clothes.html?highlight=item+edit]
    and here [http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-editing/6428-model-changing-compendium.html] under the DBC editing section but I just can't seem to get anything to work.

I've tried a variety of different DBC editing and conversion tools that I found on both guides and others in the Model Editing Programs Thread. Yet whenever I boot up WoW with my Patch-#.mpq that contains my modified ItemVisualData.dbc file, WoW A) Crashes or B) Boots normally but everyone's naked (No items load on characters). The only program I haven't tried is Microsoft Exell (sp?) because I don't have it.

Could anyone clarify if there's been any changes to what steps/programs are required in order to modify armor appearance since Patch 2.0? Any help would be appreciated since I want to learn how to do this. :confused:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Metro-Cube
    Hey, I appreciate the guide and it's helped me get started on some of my first model changes. But I've always been frustrated with the fact that my character is wearing a dress, I just want some decent pants!

So I got started on DBC editing to try and get some pants. Now I know that this thread isn't about DBC editing, but I can't seem to start new threads so I'm going to post my problem here. I think I'm doing everything right; I've followed the instructions about DBC editing listed here [http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-editing/3172-dbc-editing-change-clothes.html?highlight=item+edit]
    and here [http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-editing/6428-model-changing-compendium.html] under the DBC editing section but I just can't seem to get anything to work.

I've tried a variety of different DBC editing and conversion tools that I found on both guides and others in the Model Editing Programs Thread. Yet whenever I boot up WoW with my Patch-#.mpq that contains my modified ItemVisualData.dbc file, WoW A) Crashes or B) Boots normally but everyone's naked (No items load on characters). The only program I haven't tried is Microsoft Exell (sp?) because I don't have it.

Could anyone clarify if there's been any changes to what steps/programs are required in order to modify armor appearance since Patch 2.0? Any help would be appreciated since I want to learn how to do this. :confused:
    You probably messed up with the .m2s, using old ones, try fixing that first.

Metro-Cube's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh...Wait...m2s? I was not aware DBC editing had anything to do with m2s, or that you can't make Dresses show up as Pants by swapping m2 files. Could you clarify?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Metro-Cube
    Uh...Wait...m2s? I was not aware DBC editing had anything to do with m2s, or that you can't make Dresses show up as Pants by swapping m2 files. Could you clarify?
    They dont, they can, but with this guide they dont. He had a seperate quesion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast