Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Instance Swapping (lazy mans guide, to be updated further)

Originally Posted by SomethingCool525
    I've been recieving a lot of PM's asking me to post pictures, and explain in extreme detail. As for a response, it is simply something I cannot bring myself to do. I've certainly left more than enough info to teach the outgoing the very method, and im my personal beliefs spoonfeeding is a no no.

I appologize for not being able to explain further, or give you a "true" guide.
    If someone else feels up to it or cares to please by all means make an indepth guide. I just don't feel its right for me to say here do this and itll work. We all had to learn somewhere, and somehow, and this site has a TON of great guides to teach the basics, So it shouldnt be a matter of learning how, as much as a matter of exploration, expanding your mind, and working towards a greater goal. Satisfaction is something to be achieved via YOUR work, me posting a method for you should not give you the kind of satisfaction your own completion of the challenge should. So again I am sincerely sorry, It is more to me than "hording my methods" but something i strongly desire people to learn from trial, error, and hard work.

Best of luck,
    SomethingCool
    wait wait wait... wait i thought this was a guide to the "Lazy mans" instance swapping.... not the "Hardworking guys guide" =P
    [YT]https://youtube.com/watch?v=EJwRl0Fa990[/YT]

[Guide] Instance Swapping
    Error's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fine somethingcool. The guide really isn't that hard to follow. I don't see why some people can't. Oh well.

[EDIT]
    Cool, its working well. I learned a bit too while doing this. Although, I am confused about one thing. The area that you drop into is cool and all. But I want to actually get to the Emerald Dream area. I head towards the mountain things. But when I get near them the game crashes? Is there a way around this? Like a way to position it different in the instance?
    Last edited by Error; 09-17-2006 at 04:37 AM.

Domminust's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone send me the files????? [email protected]

https://newfound.cf

SomethingCool525's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[EDIT]
    Cool, its working well. I learned a bit too while doing this. Although, I am confused about one thing. The area that you drop into is cool and all. But I want to actually get to the Emerald Dream area. I head towards the mountain things. But when I get near them the game crashes? Is there a way around this? Like a way to position it different in the instance?[/QUOTE]

Not something I have ever had happen. Quite odd I must admit. The only thing I can come up with offhand is make sure you are using the right instances to swap to. Another thing may be which way you run towards the hills, the emerald dream is Massive and may require some alternative thinking to completely explore, if you used to/ do world explore that one should be cake.

Ps. The "lazymans" part of it was that i didnt wanna be typing it all out therefore making me the lazy man=)

Eratoc's Avatar Member Elite
    Thanks G/R
    10/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok - I know this thread is very, very old.

But instead of creating a new one - I'll ask this here.

When I'm trying to change Scholo > ED, I have one problem that I cannot seem to understand within this guide.

The .adt files for Scholomance have completely different numbers after them. (See: SchoolofNecromancy_30_30.adt while ED has 30_32 for example) and I'm not sure what to replace with what. There are also more .adt files for Emerald Dream than for Scholomance. However, I switched the names from SchoolofNecromancy_xx.adt to EmeraldDream_xx.adt and compiled them together in the correct path inside a .MPQ file using MWCS.

Can anyone help me out with this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Eratoc
    Last edited by Eratoc; 12-04-2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typos

akspa420's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    73/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What version of the WoW client are you trying to do an instance swap on? If you're trying to use anything beyond version 3.3.5, use Zezula.net's MPQEditor instead of MWCS, as the 4.x and 5.x clients may have issues with using Pre-4.x MPQ files.

Aside from that, it may make more sense to make a simple dbc swap - simply extract your Map.dbc and change the map id for Scholomance with the ID for the Emerald Dream. The client will then load the emerald dream data files instead of the original scholomance adt data. The only issue you'll have with this method is that if the entry point in the client for the player is located underground, you'll end up spawning under the world when you zone in. The only way to prevent this is to reset the level of the ground on an adt-by-adt basis, with a tool I believe is called simply 'offset fix'.

Note, though, that if you're trying to do this on a 4.x or 5.x client, you'll also have to patch your client executable to open newer patch files. There's also a way to enable loading local decompressed files directly (google around for this - I _think_ it might be listed on the modcraft forums somewhere), which might make your life of testing a lot easier. I use this method for almost all my map editing on 3.3.5, as it allows you to just dump in your edited files as-needed, and not have to re-compress them into an appropriate MPQ file.

Eratoc's Avatar Member Elite
    Thanks G/R
    10/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to modify the 1.12 version of the game. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12