Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cata login scene was added in 13287. i.e. you may find all files of this scene in "\\wow\Data\wow-update-13287.MPQ" archive. it contain also 7 texture files what exist in basic locale archive "\\wow\Data\enGB\locale-enGB.MPQ". I have only 13623 version on this pc and for this version cata login scene files have no patch-data's. maybe it has in more latest version, but it's not so principal.
    you have no reason to replace all files in scene folder. completely enough replace only m2 file in default cata scene folder. because paths (from root folder) for all used textures exist in "m2". but I can't tell you about "skin" files, perhaps you must replace this files too, but maybe it have no matter.

p.s. path (from root folder) for dynamic scene is "\\Interface\Glues\Models\UI_MainMenu_Cataclysm\UI_MainMenu_Cataclysm.M2". for static scene is "\\Interface\Glues\Models\UI_MainMenu_LowBandwidth\UI_MainMenu_LowBandwidth. M2".
    p.p.s. do not forget about pre-root "base" folder, if you pack your archive as "wow-update-XXXXX.MPQ".

if you want to send me PM - check a free space in your inbox for answer at first!

Replacing models for 4.0.3.13329
    frieb's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to get it working, I'll make a new post with the download link in case somebody wants it, thank you for the help
    Here's a screenshot ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep up the good work VX2!

Vodkaholic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VX2 View Post
    you have two ways to replace model: are ".m2" replacing, and ".dbc modifying".
    I think more stable method is ".dbc modifying", but it's compatible only with version of your ".dbc" file. I recommend you use "combine" method, where you replace models by ".dbc modifying", and textures by file replacing. because errors in ".m2" may be critically for client, while errors in textures should not cause a crashes. you can modify textures by ".dbc modifying" too, but textures are too many.
    I think the easiest and most reliable way is:
    (for sample HuF to BeF)
    - make temporary folder (for sample "c:\1\")
    - make "base" folder into it.
    - make your folder structure in "base" folder (for model textures and dbc folder)
    - extract latest "\\DBFilesClient\CreatureModelData.dbc" ("\\World of Warcraft\Data\Cache\enGB\patch-enGB-13329.MPQ\DBFilesClient\CreatureModelData.dbc") into appropriate temporary folder ("c:\1\base\DBFilesClient\")
    - open this file in your DBC editor
    - find string with your model ("Character\BloodElf\Female\BloodElfFemale.mdx"), but in this string, your file will be as ".mdx", not ".m2". it does not matter, just copy this string.
    - find string with file what you want to replace ("Character\HUMAN\Female\HumanFemale.mdx") and replace this string so that you have copied ("Character\BloodElf\Female\BloodElfFemale.mdx").
    - save your ".dbc" and close it.
    - extract all textures of your model ("\\World of Warcraft\Data\art.MPQ\Character\BloodElf\Female\*.BLP") into appropriate temporary folder ("c:\1\base\Character\HUMAN\Female\*.BLP")
    - use totalcommander "batch rename" tool (select all "*.blp" and hit "ctrl+M")
    - configure mask field ("HumanFemale[N15-]"), then hit ~"start/rename" button (bottom right corner).
    - now, if you do all correctly, you must have same files/folders structure:
    Code:
    c:\
      '-1\
         '-base\
              |-Character\
              |        '-HUMAN\
              |               '-Female\
              |                      '-HumanFemale*.blp
               '-DBFilesClient\
                       '-CreatureModelData.dbc
    - select your "c:\1\base\" and pack as more than latest patch (for sample "wow-update-13330.MPQ")
    - put your patch in your "\\World of Warcraft\Data\" folder
    - at least you must: remove "signaturefile" protection and enable "maximize patch number limitation".

that's all. you can start your wow and see a results:
    Did you upload this file at all? Am having a hard time working all this out lol , If I can open your file it will be alot easyer for me to see what you did on a race to race swap.
    Cheers

also

- find string with your model ("Character\BloodElf\Female\BloodElfFemale.mdx"), but in this string, your file will be as ".mdx", not ".m2". it does not matter, just copy this string.
    - find string with file what you want to replace ("Character\HUMAN\Female\HumanFemale.mdx") and replace this string so that you have copied ("Character\BloodElf\Female\BloodElfFemale.mdx").

Ive found the line but how do you copy the line there is no copy function in the DBCEditor (unless I have an old one)

Edit after watching your video I was able to do it (the string changes I mean)
    I did everything you did and for some reason it's not working

lol Edit again

All working thanks very much for the video helped alot

charsection.dbc do you know where I can read up on the hair fixes? Also can hair colours be changed?
    Last edited by Vodkaholic; 07-29-2011 at 11:02 AM.

VX2's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try to read here CharSections.dbc - WoWDev
    it's may be fixed, but required a lot of work. also keep in mind, what it'll have an affect to faces of all npc models uses this settings.
    also keep in mind, different races have a different numbers of faces settings, and for prevent crashes do not change it numbers.
    I mean if race "A" have a 8 settings, and race "B" only 4, you may switch strings or replace it, but not remove. number of "A" must still stay = 8, and "B" = 4. perhaps more is possible, but not less. else whenever server send you number of setting what you haven't - your client get a crash.

if you want to send me PM - check a free space in your inbox for answer at first!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seem to be getting this error alot now any ideas why? (Ive not editing any hair syles or anything just a race swap..)

VX2's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it says something about kharazan wmo. but try to remove all files with "lock" extension at first.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VX2 View Post
    it says something about kharazan wmo. but try to remove all files with "lock" extension at first.
    Yea i was going into kharazan when I got the error but I get it everywhere (old) the error name changes to the place I get the error..

VX2's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you tried to remove all "lock" files? it's may present in data and in locale folders.

pootrix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any time I try this on goblin, it does not work. Any ideas?

mitchss321's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replacing models for 4.0.3.13329-untitled-jpg

Getting this error whenever I apply the "Maximize Patch Number Limitation" fix, even when trying to run the game normally without the edited MPQ.

Anyone know what to do here? Would really appreciate some help. What programs are best for editing DBCs and packing MPQs?
    Last edited by mitchss321; 11-06-2011 at 09:41 PM.

VX2's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems you use mpq archive, what contain wrong version of "SoundEntriesAdvanced.dbc" file. when you not use "Maximize Patch Number Limitation" fix, this archive just not used.
    also try to remove "\\World of Warcraft\Data\Cache\" folder.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567