0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riu's Zone Masher (Alpha)

Please note: This program is Windows-only. Errors can occur without warning. If they do, please let me know. Update: I've been testing it, and it seems stable. As of now, I haven't encountered any errors. I have used this to pull people below the world and bypass things like the gates in Warsong Gulch. I have also used it to skip bosses and travel below the ground, hidden from view, as well as "Walk through walls" by walking under them. The program has far too many uses to list, so I urge you to find some of your own.

Rius Zone Masher.7z
    Rius Zone Masher.zip

This is the fourth release of something that I've been working on for a while now.

What it does: This application allows you to select multiple ADT files (and/or folders containing ADT files) and "mash" or combine them into one giant map. Here's an example: Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are two separate continents. With this application, you can combine them into one continent. This application can also create WDT files automatically from a group of ADT files, so no more having to manually edit a WDT (the program also contains a small "database" that's hardcoded, which checks for the new map name when setting flags in the WDT) file.

Features:

• 1. Automatic offset fixing.
    • 2. Automatic WDT generation.
    • 3. The ability to choose which options you want to enable.
    • 4. Move ADT files around. For example, you could move Azeroth so that Stormwind's location is now the location of Westfall.
    • 5. Combine ADT files into the same map. You can put things like Azeroth and Kalimdor together, or replace Warsong Gulch with a giant pool of water.
    • 6. Change the Z-Offset of the entire map. I'm hoping this will be used for things other than just exploiting... A value of -2 to -3 will put you below the view of other players on the map.
    • 7. Change WMO X, Y, and Z offsets. This allows you to do such things as hide world map objects or move them in some way that would give you an unfair advantage. For example, I used this in conjunction with the Z-Offset to lower my Warsong Gulch so that I'm underneath the land, but still able to grab the flag and turn it in. I'm sure this could also be used for exploiting bosses, accessing places that you're not supposed to access, and much, much more.

How to use it:

• 1. Run the program.
    • 2. Click on File -> Add File...
    • 3. Select one or more ADT files, and click on "Open." More ADT files can be loaded in at any time.
    • 4. The ADT files will appear on the 64x64 grid. They will be grouped up (and color-coded) with other ADT files that were selected or added at the same time. Drag the ADT files around the grid until you're comfortable with their arrangement.
    • 5. Add more ADT files as necessary.
    • 6. Make sure that there are NO red-colored ADT files. If there are, that means that one or more ADT files are over-lapping. You will need to move ADT files until there is no more red, or the program will have unexpected results when mashing.
    • 7. Enter a new map name in the "New Map Name" box (e.g. Azeroth). Do not use spaces.
    • 8. Press "Mash!" and wait. Note: Don't use MyWarcraftStudio for very large maps when making a patch, because errors can result (this is not a problem with my program, but a problem with MyWarcraftStudio). I recommend Ladik's MPQ Editor.
    • 9. You will find the new folder in the same directory as the program.

Troubleshooting:

1. "The program won't start, and it says I'm missing DLLs!"
    Answer: Make sure that "mingwm10.dll" and "wxmsw28u_gcc.dll" are in the same directory as the application. They are both included in the .7z file. If it is not one of those DLLs, please report it to me and I'll fix it in the next revision (should be within 24-48 hours).

2. "What is a .7z file? I can't open it"
    Answer: Make sure you have a file extracting program capable of handling 7-zip archives. If you don't, I really recommend getting 7-Zip. Alternatively, you can download the .zip archive instead.

Known Issues:

• 1. The dragging refreshes the whole grid. This is due to everything being drawn on a single layer and not marking anything as "dirty." I'll look into fixing this, but it is not a priority of mine.
    • 2. "Mash!" does not check for overlapping ADT files.
    • 3. Sometimes when clicking on one ADT group and dragging it, a different group might move. This is caused by the map overlay matrix being off. I am not yet sure why this is occurring, but it seems to be something to do with opening ADT files on top of another ADT group. Quick fix: Just click somewhere else on the ADT group, or move it out of the way before loading in other ADTs.
    • 4. Modifying the Z-Offset does not adjust water height values. This causes water to be above or below the normal height if it is changed. The reason for this is that water height is typically stored in an array in the MH2O chunk. I might fix this later.
    • 5. Combining Wrath of the Lich King maps with non-Lich King maps seems to cause some major issues. I will look into why this is happening. In the meantime, if you're having issues with strange textures, stay away from Lich King maps (like Northrend). I will be looking into this issue over the next 24 hours to determine a cause (and hopefully a fix). Update: After spending about two minutes, I found the problem. In the WDT file, it turns out that there's one byte that is VERY important. It's a flag, and I had it set for Kalimdor (since I modified Kalimdor). It turns out that the flag determines something about the way the map is set up. I will be adding a few options in a new release to address this issue.

Edit: Updated to second release, which contains the following changes:
    1. Offset fix has been re-enabled and now works as intended.
    2. There are now progress bars for opening files and mashing.
    3. Screen refresh times have been greatly reduced, but are still not where I want them.

Edit: Updated to third release, which contains the following changes:
    1. Added Z-Offset spin control. You can now change the height of ADT files.
    2. Fixed the icon. It should no longer break for everyone except me.

Edit: Updated to the fourth release, which contains the following changes:
    1. Added WMO X, Y, and Z-Offset spin controls. You can now move world map objects separately. This is not needed unless you want to hide world map objects or use it to gain an unfair advantage.

Edit: If you would like to see any additions to this program, just reply or send me a private message detailing the change or feature that you would like. If it's reasonable, I'll consider adding it. Please note that I will only accept feature requests that have to deal with ADT, WDT, or WDL files.

Downloads:
    Source is included. I ask that you please not steal my work. Feel free to make your own modifications, though.

Rius Zone Masher.7z
    Rius Zone Masher.zip
    Last edited by Riukuzaki; 07-28-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Riu's Zone Masher (Alpha)
    Herbalism's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sir, deserve a +Rep

Eluo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey very cool!
    Just took a look at it, and i will clearly use it.
    Thanks for that!
    It's sad that here are so few replies to that...

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo. A useful tool!

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

Riukuzaki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Eluo View Post
    Hey very cool!
    Just took a look at it, and i will clearly use it.
    Thanks for that!
    It's sad that here are so few replies to that...

Glad I could be of assistance in some way.
    As for people replying, I'm sure more will reply when they figure out what they're missing.

On another note, I wonder if lowering the ground level of Eastern Kingdoms or removing WMO's from view will get me auto-banned on retail WoW? I've tested it fully on private WoW servers for some massive "lulz." I just love death gripping people down to where I'm at! You see them go to your location, stand for a bit, and then "WHOOSH!" They fall through the world!
    If it doesn't autoban on retail WoW, then just about all exploits in the exploit section of this forum can be done better with this program.

Edit: Okay, well, damn. This actually works on retail WoW as well. Even better, enemies will go on evade if you're below the ground. Well, I'm going to go explore the world now as a level 1. Not like enemies will bother me. And no one can see me anyways.

Edit: Looks like you can still obtain new flight paths, even if you put yourself hundreds of yards below the normal ground level (I did this on retail WoW. No enemies aggro me, no one can see me or target me, and I'm exploring the world as a level 4). Because of this, it might be possible to quickly learn all flight paths without being in the vicinity of a flight master.

Edit: I just added the ability to hide all liquid (private version of mine right now, hasn't been released). Right now I'm on retail WoW, walking underneath the magma (which I changed to harmless water) without dying or drowning. Update: It looks like when I did this, I had changed the Z-Offset by so much, that the server didn't think that I was in a body of liquid. Only hiding the water (without changing the Z-Offset) will still let you walk on the ground, but you will still drown and take magma damage.

WARNING: Walking into most (or maybe all) bodies of water will disconnect you from the server (not banned, thankfully) if you change the Z-Offset of the world.
    Last edited by Riukuzaki; 07-27-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Toyoka's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice exploitation tool! Not that I'd use it, but it seems like a useful one
    ~ "When you find it hard doing right in what you do, you've got a problem" ~

Arkanthios's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!! Gave +Rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tool mate +rep

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the other guys said, nice tool : D
    LuaHypArc Lua scripter - 3.3.5a World Builder.

Adosi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks cool +rep