0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMBALEETNESS information!!!!

It is vital that you edit the patch-enGB-2.MPQ/patch-enUS-2.MPQ files and not thet patch-enGB.MPQ/patch-enUS.MPQ

Otherwise you game will crash frequently and it will be because of the corrupt DBFilesClient\CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc-file.

I've tested it, and so far my theory is right. But from the moment my game crashes due to the same error I'll look for another explaination.

(with crash I mean, the game that suddenly blinks out without givving an error message)

Nuxi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes total Sence, Nice guide

mrtiller's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good guide, made me a worgen. +rep
    =)D

gtox11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't seem to get this to do anything.

I have changed the data, as the guide tells to.
    I have created a new mpq under patch-9.
    I have double checked everything, and all the changes are there..
    but when I use the edit fix, F8 in, and enter the game.. my character is exactly the same as normal. No errors or anything. Loads just like normal.

Any idea what could be causing the changes to just be ignored?

I also opened regular WoW (without the MEF), and it loaded up normally. Is that the way it should be?

EDIT** Tried making a patch-3 also, to see if it changed anything, and no change.

In case anyone feels like double checking my changes, I am wanting to change my UD female (5 to a Worgen (44) with a black skin (2171). Are there any other values that need to be changed? Columns 3, 7, and 8 are all 0. The only column I possibly question is #4, since it has about 4-5 different values for the black skin worgen, but I just left it the same as the UD female #4 column value.

EDIT2** I replaced the DBFilesClient\CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc in patch-enUS.mpq with my modified CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc, just to see what it would do... and it did nothing. No errors or anything. Does this mean anything? I really expected to get an error before WoW even opened, but sure enough.. my female UD loaded up and entered the game exactly as before. No changes at all.

I even double checked the dbc, and it says that line 58 (Female UD) is changed to 44 (Worgen) with skin 2171 (black), but in-game there is no change at all.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by gtox11; 04-07-2008 at 04:02 PM.

reflex0rzor's Avatar Knight-Captain
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gtox11 View Post
    I just can't seem to get this to do anything.

I have changed the data, as the guide tells to.
    I have created a new mpq under patch-9.
    I have double checked everything, and all the changes are there..
    but when I use the edit fix, F8 in, and enter the game.. my character is exactly the same as normal. No errors or anything. Loads just like normal.

Any idea what could be causing the changes to just be ignored?

I also opened regular WoW (without the MEF), and it loaded up normally. Is that the way it should be?

EDIT** Tried making a patch-3 also, to see if it changed anything, and no change.

In case anyone feels like double checking my changes, I am wanting to change my UD female (5 to a Worgen (44) with a black skin (2171). Are there any other values that need to be changed? Columns 3, 7, and 8 are all 0. The only column I possibly question is #4, since it has about 4-5 different values for the black skin worgen, but I just left it the same as the UD female #4 column value.

EDIT2** I replaced the DBFilesClientCreatureDisplayInfo.dbc in patch-enUS.mpq with my modified CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc, just to see what it would do... and it did nothing. No errors or anything. Does this mean anything? I really expected to get an error before WoW even opened, but sure enough.. my female UD loaded up and entered the game exactly as before. No changes at all.

I even double checked the dbc, and it says that line 58 (Female UD) is changed to 44 (Worgen) with skin 2171 (black), but in-game there is no change at all.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
    named your custom mpq patch-9.MPQ? since 2.4 capital MPQ is required
    and the reason for nothing happening when you replaced the CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc in patch-enUS.mpq was most likely due to WoW using the CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc from patch-enUS-2.mpq
    Last edited by reflex0rzor; 04-07-2008 at 05:09 PM.

gtox11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I solved that problem. I was retarded and didnt put patch-3.MPQ in my wowme cfg.

NOW my problem is that all the models have no textures. All the creatures in the game are now green and white texture-less models (basically, any model that has a value in the 6,7,8 slot other than 0). The Worgen replaces the UD female fine, but it has no textures.

One thing of note is that I cannot seem to find a DBC Editor anywhere that allows text, so I have to use the number values, and when I open the DBCs in MWCS, under the 6 and 7 columns it just says #error# for anything there except 0. Could that be why all the creatures have no textures? If that is the case, is there a way to correct this?

I am using DBC Editor v0.1.0.0 BETA (the non-text version, i assume; or I simply can't figure out how to change the field values to text). Even the Demon_S_Tools compilation posted on the site consists of this same version.

Any ideas on how to get WoW to recognize the textures?

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gtox11 View Post
    Actually I solved that problem. I was retarded and didnt put patch-3.MPQ in my wowme cfg.

NOW my problem is that all the models have no textures. All the creatures in the game are now green and white texture-less models (basically, any model that has a value in the 6,7,8 slot other than 0). The Worgen replaces the UD female fine, but it has no textures.

One thing of note is that I cannot seem to find a DBC Editor anywhere that allows text, so I have to use the number values, and when I open the DBCs in MWCS, under the 6 and 7 columns it just says #error# for anything there except 0. Could that be why all the creatures have no textures? If that is the case, is there a way to correct this?

I am using DBC Editor v0.1.0.0 BETA (the non-text version, i assume; or I simply can't figure out how to change the field values to text). Even the Demon_S_Tools compilation posted on the site consists of this same version.

Any ideas on how to get WoW to recognize the textures?
    the 0.1.0.0 version should work fine for text, try to extract the CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc from its mpq again, might have been some kind of error while extracting last time.. other then that i have no idea what might be causing that, but if it still doesn't work you could try to get a DBC<->CSV converter and make it into CSV, edit the lines in notepad and convert it back to DBC.

gtox11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah with the BETA version, it only displays numerical values, and if I try to edit with text anyways, it displays an error saying it does not recognize the value.

I am pretty sure the version you are using is the release version, not the beta version.

I guess I will have to try converting. Thanks anyways for the help.

costel_gabitu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seet guide dude I was looking for something like this. One question though, is it Creaturemodeldata.dbc or creaturedisplayinfo.dbc that i must extract and edit? Or do I have to look up for the ID of the ogre(example) in creaturemodeldata and then exctract and modify creaturedisplay info? Is it like that or which do I have to use all the way?

moreniu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the guide ; )

khaled1994's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide +rep

costel_gabitu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nvm i got it working.

lolgogo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need work MWCS!!pliz give link download mans!

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lolgogo View Post
    I need work MWCS!!pliz give link download mans!
    search and you shall find

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast