0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.m2

I've noticed a lot of edits these days just giving the .m2 as apposed to the .mpq. I've looked through the guides and done searches and I can not find any guides about taking the .m2 downloaded from the model editor and actually putting it in place of, for example, a mount.

A link to a guide that I may have missed after doing multiple searches would be appreciated.

Expected rude comments about intellect and searching capabilities/awareness

.m2
    Noodel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mean like getting a zip file with say the file structure of;

Character\<race>\<gender>\<racegender.m2>

Then you can quite easily convert it to a MPQ file.

With MWCS just go 'Pack' -> 'Create MPQ Archive'
    Then create it in the WoW\Data folder under a name typically like patch-4.MPQ.

Once this is done you can right-click the file list space hit 'Import Folder' then find the folderset in which the M2 is held (full file structure is required) open the first folder in the chain then in the 'File name:' box typically down the bottom type in at least one random character then hit 'Open'
    This will set the folder and all inside it into the MPQ file, you can just save and close it from there and voila, success.

However for player race changes you'll need a model edit fix.

If you wanted to change a race/creature to another race/creature then you had to basically commit a mass rename of files that the model itself uses and all associating textures for it.
    Can find the file structure and names with either MWCS or the WoW Model Viewer.

If it makes sense at all.

noahjam326's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you very much, that helped my problem. Sorry if it was a little hard to understand.