Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ongoing project work, help needed for major edit

Hi,

Many of you may not know me, I am new here and I know this will mean some will say im n00b with too many ideas, thats fine maybe I am. The purpose of this thread is that I am one person and I have so much I want to do that I cannot possibly complete my constantly increasing tasks so I would like anyone who wants to help out to post here and hopefully we'll have some progress soon!

I would also like to renew the sense of spirit blizzard used to have back in the warcraft 1 2 and 3 titles, when editing was encouraged and fans promoted the business because it was different!

In short this is a very very large ongoing project for freedom of expression

-----------------------------------------
    Sub-projects / what I'd like us to work on!
    -----------------------------------------
    WoW Editing Toolkit - A toolkit for editing wow data files to allow as much custmisation as possible, needs patched wow .exe files, tutorials and guides in as many languages as possible. This is the only project I have started on for wow at the moment but I aim for it to be an all encompassing studio tool to replace anything editing wise out there atm including command-line and graphical tools, Currently I have a WMO class being implemented along with a working draft .wdt class, .dbc class and adt class in java. All programming is to be in java for this so the project remains cross-platform, easy to edit etc!

WoW Plugin Pack - Alongside the Editing Toolkit I would like a plugin pack to allow import, editing and export of wow data files in popular software packages including 3d studio max, blender, photoshop, gimp, paint.net etc

WoW Private Server Pack - How many of us have compiled mangos or ascent or even trinity only to find we have the wrong revision, we need xyz database and the thing is bugged, maybe we have a server but it could be better, this aims to be an informative, open and innovative server pack pre-built and highly customisable with scripted plugins and modularised scalable applications, Id also like to go one step closer and have tools to track players on server maps, guild and raid planning and script helping in eclipse or similar to aid server-side edits that can enhance and seperate the gameplay from "real" blizzard wow servers

I hope this is not seen as an I want thread because these tools would be open and available to everyone, free! I think we could all benefit from a consolidated set of tools and think 3.x.x is the base to work from because it has so many cool features so this project will be seen as a bit behind by some, but really it's just working from a stable base and seeing where we can get

Ongoing project work, help needed for major edit
    vonkova's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

danielrhodea's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R