0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding Skins to races

First off, this question might belong in the "Emulated Server Questions" section, but I decided it most likely belongs here, so please inform me If it is necessary that I move this thread. I have been poking around in the DBC files, particularly the "CharacterSections.dbc," the "CharacterDisplayInfo.dbc" and the "CharacterDisplayInfoExtra.dbc" files to try and add the skins to a particular race. However, I have been unsuccessful in doing so. When I try to add columns in the "CharacterSections.dbc" WoW Seems to crash as I am browsing through the skins. By changing the Entry ID's of already existing skins, I am almost positive that the Entry's have nothing to do with how the skin is mapped onto the model. The coulumn After the Entry ID is the specific number of the race which I certainly have not manipulated, so that is not the cause of the crash. I cannot pinpoint the exact function of the following four Columns.
    The First Skin for the human male is called "HumanMaleSkin00_00.blp" and in the "CharacterSections.dbc" the first row reads:

Code:
    1,1,0,0,0,0,"Character\Human\Male\HumanMaleSkin00_00.blp","","",0,
    1. The First 1= the entry ID
    2. The 2nd 1= the humans race ID
    3. All of the Human Male textures have a 0 in the 3rd column
    4. All of the Human Skin Textures have a 0 in Column 4
    5.This corresponds to the 00 before the underscore in the texture file
    6. This corresponds to the 00 after the underscore in the texture file

OK. Do the last two columns I explained (5,6) correspond to specific UVs on the model? Is it even possible to add skins by manipulating the Client files or would I have to edit the ArcEmu core to add skins? Or am I completely missing something here.
    -thanks a bunch to anyone to can answer this question... I know it may be a little tricky as I do not think many people have attempted things like this before.
    Last edited by jinktreek; 03-06-2009 at 11:04 PM.

Adding Skins to races
    obox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    change the color of the text to white or yellow or pink.. cant read anything except the thing with red