Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cloning the game....with my own models? How far can we model a character.

ok so im looking to start a private sever once again...but this time i have ateam of people... i have a programmer, a designer, a concept artist, and a architect. and i came ot an idea of the custimization of the game engine in WoW for making private servers...no using the private servers, you can recreate yoru own wow game. like a clone. but make it your own...right? i mean...not only can i change th emodels in the way they look. etc...but can you go as far as say..openin gthe model in Maya and completely redeveloping the file? from scratch? or just remorph it...etc? cause wta im wanting to actually do is take this team of people, and recreate a whole diffrent game, usig the wow game engine, and so forth...the reaosn of this is because wow is alreayd a game, i can test each model live, and so forth. and all the scripting thigns fo rth ebasic way of its gameplay. si already created an di can just remove things and redo things myself on how i want to do them. is thi spossible? basicly taking the files, and remaking them. starting, with models. i wan tto completley recreate the models right now..say for instance i got a gnome. well i want the gnome to be a tall human person, and dress him in clothings my concept artist designed. so i pull it up in Maya and start doin my thing. and then sve the file, into the game, and be able to play as my new tall human ninja dressed gnome character? so yea...an dalso im lookin for some helpers. anyone iwlign to learn, be taught. etc. im game to teach if your game to work. so email me if you could at [email protected] and thanks a bunch guys. appreciate all comments
    Last edited by pockets08; 12-01-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Cloning the game....with my own models? How far can we model a character.
    schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god. A totally new idea.

I lold.

A few hundred of programmers, designers, artists etc. have made WoW. And you are five guys?

People will never get to reality..

Yamachi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ofc it can be done, and the info is publicly-available, but I have to agree with schlumpf ( <3 ). This kind of thing will take you 5 people a VERY long time to do, if you can figure out how to even do it (like I said, the info is available; you just have to know how to put it to use). I predict that this project will die, but good luck, regardless.

Yama~

P.S. check out the wow.dev wiki

pockets08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes alot of people created wow....but you see there is games created that well..dont use so many people..and if u understood the gesture of wow's open like source, the game engine is already there....the game is already created....the code is already coded...thigns will just be opked at and notched and changed for our own idea.....atlot less complex as your takign it. thank you for your input though and ty for the website

asbest0s's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hai I has a original Ideas. I want to create game like counter strike but with smily faces for terrorists cause they is so sad ((((((.
    How can I do thatz?

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maciek stop being an ass. and pockets08 tho your effort is valiant many others have tried with more and faltered when a snag came about.

GL on this and please slow down on the typing and make it more coherent with real structure.

asbest0s's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im saying there is literally no way you can make this happen, 5 people can make good games but they cant manage a whole wow world and I doubt that you will be able to make any new gamebraking edits to the game. Even if you pull this off I doubt this will be a lot closer to wow then you think right now.

And btw, some1 should make smiling terrorists for wow

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol im not technicly trying to make it "closer to wow" i just wanna use the wow gaming engine, and strip it and go at it liek a turtle raping a hare. so slowly but surely popping one in and getting a quickie...turtle style... ill le tyall knwo some outcomes..and post some screenshots...but so far the flaming is nice, but id like some more positive if possible responses other hten "your an epic fail" :P no direct quotes of course.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pockets08 View Post
    ... and strip it and go at it liek a turtle raping a hare. so slowly but surely popping one in and getting a quickie...turtle style... ...
    yiff?

Originally Posted by pockets08 View Post
    ... but so far the flaming is nice, but id like some more positive if possible responses other hten "your an epic fail" :P no direct quotes of course ...
    so far, there's been no flaming. Constructive criticism and/or opinions != flaming. Anyways, good luck, and if you need help with anything in particular, just send me a PM. Don't, however, act like a total noob and ask me about EVERYTHING; most things you will need to figure out yourself (just as I, and most other MEE's did), but I will give you a push in the right direction

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe, sorry, computer sarcasim dosnt work very well. the turtle and hare thing just ment , i have a goal, but i wont be done in a few months, im not expecting a finished product for a year or two. and it comes down to the devotion of the other team members, and ho wmuch they can learn in a certia time. etc...me, i alreayd know most the model editing basis, how to start, how to get it going. i ran multiple private servers, all failed simply because well, they were only created for practice, to get me to where i need to b. now. :E :P and i shall send you a pm. but not maybe till after christmas, as i need my bonus, to buy my damn laptop charger...and my IEEE Card then get my friends computer running, been workin on it with spare time, 4 gigs, avion sumthing another graphics card, 380 hardrive 3.0 processor. :/ goood enough for wow. and theres still services for like...1.25 wow, before the expansion packs right? because i want to work with the original. for less thins to have to manipulate to my will.... *uses mind powers*....idk. lol

~ keep ya posted.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    total edit on my original idea....anyone heard of the game creator RPG maker XP with the RGSS scripting system? its way obviously easier then taking a game like wow and re creating. and probably way more tutorials on using and scripting the RGSS system then there is on wow etc. adn b learnign the rgss system its almos tliek eveyr other script service out there...thus learnign this can help us pertain into sumthign much much more....im gonan look into it a lil bit more....possibly start the team out with a rpg maker original. ake it live as shareware with hamachi or sumthing. and get some movin in. be pretty nifty stuff....

~keep ya posted

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creation Asylum (Powered by Invision Power Board)

I used to frequent that site while I was into RMXP :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as usual Yama floating to my aide. id rep you again, but you know how it goes.

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH MY GOD WE CAN PUT MORE THAN 1 EDIT AT A TIME!?!?! IT'S A NEW REVOLUTIONARY IDEA!!!! LETS CHANGE THE WORLD!!!

caps
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay me!

Originally Posted by Parog View Post
    OH MY GOD WE CAN PUT MORE THAN 1 EDIT AT A TIME!?!?! IT'S A NEW REVOLUTIONARY IDEA!!!! LETS CHANGE THE WORLD!!!

caps

ass sphincter says what? You obviousl misunderstood the question i was ever asking...i was asking how far into editing can the model editing system and game engine go...not if i can nly edit one thing at a time....Froob.

RGSS2 SCripting or RPGM VX FTW!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast