0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question/Request] Model edits not working

I'm gettin' real sick of this. Very sorry if this has been posted before with a solution but atm I cannot find one.

I'm using Glitchy's to ME a Tauren male -> Human male and I saved it in .../World of Warcraft/Data folder as patch-4.MPQ.

Using the WoWME program from http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...fix-kynox.html
    I start WoW using WoWME.exe and press F8 at loading screen. When I go to log in, WoW gets an error and I have to close. I've used model edits before [successfully] but since ~2.2.0 this shit keeps happening. I read in that thread I didn't have to use .config thread anymore..

Have tried pressing F8 not so quickly, loads of times, only once, not at all and nothing solves the problem. Help will be greatly appreciated and +repped.

Ty in advance.

[Question/Request] Model edits not working
    Sabith's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, well...

First of all, you now ONLY need the WoWME.exe itself. You no longer need the .config file or any of the Forcestart.dll or what ever anymore. Just put the WoWME.exe in the WoW Folder, that's all you need now. Also, you don't even need to press F8 anymore.

Anyways... try downloading this and see if it works. It's the Tauren Male -> Human Male edit. If it ends up working, I know what you did wrong and will tell you what I did.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Ecadioli's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sabith View Post
    Ok, well...

First of all, you now ONLY need the WoWME.exe itself. You no longer need the .config file or any of the Forcestart.dll or what ever anymore. Just put the WoWME.exe in the WoW Folder, that's all you need now. Also, you don't even need to press F8 anymore.

Anyways... try downloading this and see if it works. It's the Tauren Male -> Human Male edit. If it ends up working, I know what you did wrong and will tell you what I did.

*cry* Didn't work. I tried a number of things; Not hitting F8 at character login, hitting F8, keeping the file name as patch-g.MPQ, changing to patch-4.MPQ all of which without the config file.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ecadioli View Post
    *cry* Didn't work. I tried a number of things; Not hitting F8 at character login, hitting F8, keeping the file name as patch-g.MPQ, changing to patch-4.MPQ all of which without the config file.

Idk if this will work, but try this.

1. IF YOUR MODEL EDITS AREN'T LOADING AND NOT WORKING, READ THIS:

You need to go to START > Control Panel > Folder Options > View (Up on the top, the tab) > and under "Advanced Settings" UNCHECK "Hide Extension for known file types". Now go to your data folder (or where ever you have your edits in) and you'll see that most likely the ones not working end in ".mpq" and NOT ".MPQ", so what you need to do is make the "mpq" CAPITALIZED to "MPQ". Oh, and there should only be one ".MPQ" in the file name.

AND/OR the "p" in "patch" isn't lower case, which is a must, the "p" HAS to be lower case (clarified in the example below):

Example:
    This is WRONG: "Patch-x.mpq"
    This is RIGHT: "patch-x.MPQ" (THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT ---HAS--- TO BE. THE "p" IN "patch" NEEDS TO BE LOWER CASE AND "MPQ" NEEDS TO BE CAPITALIZED. ALSO, "x" CAN BE ANY LETTER a-z OR ANY NUMBER 4-9 (I think it's 4-9, I don't use numbers).

Then, after you change it, if you want you can go back and re-check "Hide Extension for known file types" so you don't accidentally screw something up.

Also, what is the error saying?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk if this will work, but try this.

1. IF YOUR MODEL EDITS AREN'T LOADING AND NOT WORKING, READ THIS:

You need to go to START > Control Panel > Folder Options > View (Up on the top, the tab) > and under "Advanced Settings" UNCHECK "Hide Extension for known file types". Now go to your data folder (or where ever you have your edits in) and you'll see that most likely the ones not working end in ".mpq" and NOT ".MPQ", so what you need to do is make the "mpq" CAPITALIZED to "MPQ". Oh, and there should only be one ".MPQ" in the file name.

AND/OR the "p" in "patch" isn't lower case, which is a must, the "p" HAS to be lower case (clarified in the example below):

Example:
    This is WRONG: "Patch-x.mpq"
    This is RIGHT: "patch-x.MPQ" (THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT ---HAS--- TO BE. THE "p" IN "patch" NEEDS TO BE LOWER CASE AND "MPQ" NEEDS TO BE CAPITALIZED. ALSO, "x" CAN BE ANY LETTER a-z OR ANY NUMBER 4-9 (I think it's 4-9, I don't use numbers).

Then, after you change it, if you want you can go back and re-check "Hide Extension for known file types" so you don't accidentally screw something up.

Also, what is the error saying?
    Thanks for the replies. I tried both this and it didn't solve my problem.

The error is that of /blah/blah/blah/taurenmale.m2 or w/e

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I tried both this and it didn't solve my problem.

The error is that of /blah/blah/blah/taurenmale.m2 or w/e

You sure you've downloaded the latest WoWME by Kynox? Just to be sure, here it is again

Put that and ONLY that in the main WoW Folder, what ever else you have associated with Model Editing Files in the Main WoW Folder, delete them, and put the WoWME itself ONLY in the Main WoW Folder, and run it from there. Make sure you have the patch I gave you in your Data Folder as well.

If that doesn't work, I really don't know what to tell you.

Also, I myself tested to see if the patch worked, logged in and my Tauren Male was turned into a Human Male, so it works, but I dunno what's wrong with yours=/
    Last edited by Sabith; 08-27-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure you've downloaded the latest WoWME by Kynox? Just to be sure, here it is again

Put that and ONLY that in the main WoW Folder, what ever else you have associated with Model Editing Files in the Main WoW Folder, delete them, and put the WoWME itself ONLY in the Main WoW Folder, and run it from there. Make sure you have the patch I gave you in your Data Folder as well.

If that doesn't work, I really don't know what to tell you.

Also, I myself tested to see if the patch worked, logged in and my Tauren Male was turned into a Human Male, so it works, but I dunno what's wrong with yours=/
    Ohh I love you. +rep for you kind sir.

I was so positive I had that version of WoWMe. Thankyou again.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh I love you. +rep for you kind sir.

I was so positive I had that version of WoWMe. Thankyou again.

Haha, anytime.