0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Draenei horn fixing.

Heya! I'm having a bit of difficulty with the horns of my draenei and was wondering if you could perhaps offer some help.

Is there any other way to get the draenei female horns to display skin texture (instead of hair texture) than adding an empty .blp to replace the ScalpUpperHairXX_XX.blp and ScalpLowerHairXX_XX.blp for the race you're swapping from?

I've tried doing this (read about it in a guide), but it's dodgy at best and it seems to give me a lot of glitchy textures.

Is there a better way?

[Question] Draenei horn fixing.
    parrworg's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a topic in the guide section about fixing jaws for undead. The procedure for the horns is quite the same. Edit the field 6 in DBFilesClient\CharacterFacialHairStyles.dbc for the appropriate race and gender. I've found that values 2 and 8 look nice, but this is just my opinion.

Here's the topic I mentioned earlier, for reference:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...rge-swaps.html
    Last edited by parrworg; 04-04-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Selenia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I've used that one to get the horns to display before, but the issue of them having the wrong textures still remains.

They're hair-coloured instead of skin-coloured. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What race are you changing into draenei then? I have done troll male -> draenei female and it worked 100%. One thing I noticed was that model viewer didn't display some textures correctly (one certain hairstyle had armor textures instead of hair textures) but they were perfectly okay in game. And yes I did add all those empty Scalp blps. Trolls also had "FacialUpperHair##_##.blp" and "FacialLowerHair##_##.blp", which I also replaced with blank ones. You might want to try looking if there are similiar textures on your race. I am assuming here that the extra hair textures you are seeing are from the original race, not from draenei - that shouldn't happen
    Oh, I might also add that it's very easy to check what textures it's loading, and then check them. You see, model viewer writes them to its log. Clear the log, run model viewer, select your original race and see what textures it loads. I hope this helps.

Selenia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a -lot- for the help. I'm trying to run a human female to draenei female edit.

I've also wondered a bit whether it might've been me adding in transparent blp's rather than empty ones. How'd you make your empty ones?

As to the "extra" hair textures on the horns, they are human textures allright. The ScalpUpperHair and ScalpLowerHair ones.

Very very grateful for the assistance, been tearing my own hair out trying to deal with this

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blps I used were transparent, not empty. Model viewer seems to only load some ScalpUpper/LowerHair textures in addition to the normal hair. I just tried it myself and i got no unwanted extra on the horns. I'll upload the scalp & facial textures for you so you can add it to your pack. I know it's a bit annoying to rename and/or make so many files yourself. I made them just by a simple script so not much time was used Btw humans have more hair textures than draenei in general, so you might have to check which ones are for female and which ones are for men, and replace them with draenei textures. Also they have more skin textures, it seems. So replace them all with draenei ones as well. (That I won't take the time to do, sorry :P)

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    Last edited by parrworg; 04-05-2008 at 02:11 AM.

Selenia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, thanks.

My main issue with my old transparent blp's was that I had no clue which of the ones I was replacing was human male and which were human female apart from trial and error (which quickly grows old with 160 textures). That, and that I sometimes (especially after changing forms ie after having been polymorphed for example) ended up with "warped" textures. For example the texture from a nearby character's armor displayed all over my draenei's face/tail/horns.

Which looked odd, to say the least.

As to the hair textures, that was fairly easy. Hair00_XX.blp and Hair01_XX.blp were female and 02/03 were male. From what I noticed at least.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I didn't look which textures are for male and which are for female when I made that pack of mine. I'm going to have to admit though, I don't really know what's causing those textures change after polymorph and similiar effects. Now you would need someone more experienced than me to give you some tips.

Selenia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems the texture glitches I got were caused by me messing up the .blp replacements somehow

Yours worked perfectly. Now the only thing I lack is a way to make the human facial textures not having a corresponding draenei disappear somehow. Looked in the various DBC's, but no luck so far.

Massive, massive thankyou for helping out on those textures.