0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[World Building] Solace - Isle of Sorcery [TFE Feature]

|>Solace<| was a rather sudden change in my theme of edits lately. The basic knowledge of the island revolves around elves and sorcery - TFE lore states that this once human-kept island off the shores of Hillsbrad, subsequently destroyed by the scourge, was visited by a colony of high elves some time after the third war whom would soon build a sanctuary for magic atop the cursed soil that would have been "Purgation Isle". The island soon became a meeting place for high elves wanting to practice magic across all of Lordaeron. Solace features as a major questing area in TFE~WoW and acts as a school for mages, warlocks and even druids alike. The graphic theme of the island relates to both Blood Elves, Night Elves and Centaur (Nature and sorcery). Regardless of the fact that Ravenheart was signed for Hillsbrad, i can safely say that this edit was 100% done by me - thsi took me about 2 hours to cook up and imo and Ravenheart's this is hardly relative to Hillsbrad.
    As to the island itself, the entire shape was given an utter 'revamp', as you will acknowledge in the screenies provided below
    Screenies were taken in Noggit due to me simply not being able to be bothered to transfer the custom textures over to my wotlk version. (Ofc, when i find the time i will transfer them to common.MPQ and refresh these screenshots with ones from in-game)

Screenies Are Below
    ------------------------------------------------

Comments on thoughts pl0xsz! :P

[World Building] Solace - Isle of Sorcery [TFE Feature]
    TimUsher's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what version of wow do u use?

khdreams's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although it looks nice.. The texture doesn't match the WMOs/Objects.
    Which are more green like and it uses a white.. snow like underground.. Just doesn't match. I can't see the purpose of this island either?
    Still I think it will work out great though. +rep

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really see the purpose in it either.. It wasn't really in the first era.. are you just adding stuff to spiff up the mod now?

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

~sInX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't really in the first era.. are you just adding stuff to spiff up the mod now?
    This isn't the first time that there's been some debate about the relatively inappropriate name 'The First Era', as this project doesn't really show what WAS, it shows what COULD have been - an alternate future.
    Although it looks nice.. The texture doesn't match the WMOs/Objects.
    There are no WMOs on this island - make sure your facts are correct before you critisize or your critisism becomes anything but valid.
    I can't see the purpose of this island either?
    As clearly stated in my initial post;
    Solace features as a major questing area in TFE~WoW and acts as a school for mages, warlocks and even druids alike.
    Read before you post please.
    what version of wow do u use?
    I use 3.1.3 for TFE~WoW (having trouble updating to 3.2.0) and 2.1.4 for noggit (i have 4 wow.exes on my computer).
    Which are more green like and it uses a white..
    Show me ONE green object in those screenshots please.
    Last edited by ~sInX; 08-20-2009 at 04:38 AM.

dillon13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like it its really nice hey lencore do you think you could work on a broken isle projedct :P just saying you dont have to if you dont.

svedin's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can't see why you got "Ghostlands" trees in that island. and i think it will look better if you change the textures.

//Svedin

khdreams's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WMO's/Objects ur using objects.. Or the tree... is my imagionation?

Green.. hmm like every tree? They ARE white in the middle. But on the bottom they are green. Which should be white like since it uses white ground. Those parts doesnt match. It looks like.. Humans have planted tree's there, totally not natural.

Wauw questing and school.. Hmm so actually questing and skill learning.. Which u can do through WoW it self to.. There are loads of trainers in the game. Also enough quests to level up to 80. Even though your level cap is higher, You will be still able to level up.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though your level cap is higher, You will be still able to level up.
    I never said you wouldn't - take Elwynn Forest out of the game, you'd still be able to level up to lvl 10... You're basically saying the equivilent to 'wht's the point in having stormwind there? you can go to ironforge, stormwind = useless'.
    WMO's/Objects ur using objects.. Or the tree... is my imagionation?
    Trees are .mdx you douchebag, your 'imagionation' (you actualy meen imagination) is evidently less knowledgable than you first anticipated
    Your opinion basically goes against everything the model editing section stands for - you're asking what the point is in adding this island, a question which you could ask for creating the damn game in the first place - also a question you could ask for model editing exiting in the first place, you might as well ask 'why the f*** are you reskinning things when they give you the same stats' or 'why is westfall there when you can go to loch modan.. FAIL?' Yes i knwo you can train your character 'through wow itself too' and i know there are loads of trainers in the game - does that make it appropriate to take out all the trainers from Teldrasil? or Tirisfal Glades? Or Elwyn Forest? Just because you can access trainers in anotehr zone? Dude, gtfo until you have an opinion that's worth reading.
    How about we follow through with your little belief:
    Ok, khdreams's more than appropriate view is that which stands to be 'you can use the facilities provided by blizzard, stop world building, model editing, terrain editing, simply due to the fact that everything offered by these skills is offered by retail blizzard'. Ask yourself, is this thread for you? Is thsi section for you? Is this ****ing website in all it's entirety for you? Apparently not - imho you should stop flaming with your little useless opinions relative to 'there's no need for this island because there's already 100 islands in the game' because tbh you're just a blatant fag, gtfo out of my thread tbh. Go ****ing tell blizzard NOT TO BOTHER with another expansion, go tell every world builder out there NOT TO BOTHER simply because everything they have to offer is already offered by retail blizzard and tbh i'd love to see the reaction caused AND the rate at which you lose your face, your dignity and your ****ing ideals.

Ok *deep breath*;
    i can't see why you got "Ghostlands" trees in that island. and i think it will look better if you change the textures.

//Svedin
    Ghostlands trees were the only genuine trees which i thought were appropriate for the theme at which i was aiming for >.< How about you tell me what trees are more appropriate?
    I've been thinking whether or not the textures were 100% fitting to the theme tbh, i'll see what i can do. (I'm working on something else atm, but when i come back to this there's no doubt it will improve )
    Last edited by ~sInX; 08-21-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Gandolf828's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks awesome

mr_lew's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firstly hi im new here.

Now as for
    Show me ONE green object in those screenshots please.
    how about the tree foliage, my gf doesn't even play wow and she thought it looked out of place.

I also don't like the island but I'll admit these world mods are highly subjective and if your happy then that's great, I think your very talented and have certainly more knowledge than me of world editing.

I'm interested in world & game editing so any useful nuggets please PM me +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, this thread was dead m8 :P When a thread dies, let it die, don't bring it back. As to your gf's complaint of the tree foliage, read my initial posts on this before you flame, makes you look like a douche tbh m8.
    I'm interested in world & game editing so any useful nuggets please PM me +rep
    Watch this.

Amazing. Still i appreciate it I'm not gona PM you. Add me on MSN if you wana lecture :O (Contact Info)

kingsquid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh the Objects dont really fit into ground sorta looks like there floating on top...

merfed's Avatar キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No definition on the textures, no reasonable placement of the doodads. Stop pumping out edits and spend a week or two on a single edit.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmhmm. I have a habit of raising land, spawning doodads, spending 1 hour texturing and posting screenies (all in all aprox a 2 hour job).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast