[1.12] Improved Models Patch: Now with Druid forms and a Nostalrius version ! menu

Shout-Out

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    spik96's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1.12] Improved Models Patch: With wolves !

Hi !

I already posted a previous version of the patch here then deleted it to rework the whole mod. I think it's now "good enough" to be released again and I hope you and all 1.12 guys out here will enjoy it

**WARNING : THIS MOD IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT 1.12.1. ANY ATTEMPT TO USE IT ON AN OTHER VERSION WILL RESULT IN CRASHES AND WILL BE USED AS PROOF OF YOUR STUPIDITY**

##SCREENSHOTS :
    https://i.imgur.com/AV1AqZS.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/N17zfoV.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/cnUq8Vm.jpg

## CHANGES :
    * Modern Druid cat and bear forms (3.1)
    * A lot of high quality updated models for mobs (3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0)
    * Elwynn trees (4.0)
    * Teldrassil, Ashenvale & Winterspring trees (4.0)
    * Stormwind Cathedral Square ground textures (4.0)
    * Various Stormwind City textures (4.0)
    * Improved Night elf character screen
    * Stranglethorn trees (4.0)
    * Stormwind fountains (4.0)
    * Improved waterfalls everywhere (3.0)
    * Stormwind Signs (4.0)
    * Human crates, barrels and postboxes (6.0)

## TO DO :
    * Westfall, Duskwood and Redridge Mountains trees (based on the Elwynn model)
    * Update mobs : Tiger/PandarenTiger, Owl/Edited Kaliri?, Satyrs/Perotharn, Shark/ToothedShark and all demons updated with 6.2
    * Create new tree models with Blender to replace old ones

Tools used :
    * CataToLK with particles by PhilipTNG (CT=>LK)
    * My own converter (LK=>Classic)
    * 010 Editor with M2&Skin templates
    * Ladik's MPQ Editor
    * GIMP&Blender

## Installation :
    ### Standard 1.12.1 server
    1. Download the Standard version.
    2. Rename in patch-X.MPQ (X have to be a number).
    3. Place it in your Data folder.

### Nostalrius 1.12.1 server
    1. **BACKUP THE PATCH-2.MPQ FILE OF YOUR WOW INSTALLATION**
    Note : don't put your backup file in the Data folder, put it somewhere else or you'll be disconnected.
    2. **I'M SERIOUS, BACKUP THE PATCH-2.MPQ FILE OF YOUR WOW INSTALLATION**
    3. Download the Nostalrius version, enUK or enUS depending on your client.
    Note : you can check which version you're using at the bottom of your login screen. The version downloaded from their site is the enUK one. If you choose wrong don't worry, you'll just get an error message saying your files are corrupt.
    4. Make sure the file is named patch-2.MPQ.
    5. Place it in your Data folder. Override the existing patch-2.MPQ

##Download : (update 11/08/15)
    https://github.com/Koward/Improved_Models/releases
    Last edited by spik96; 08-11-2015 at 03:30 PM.

[1.12] Improved Models Patch: Now with Druid forms and a Nostalrius version !
  2. Thanks Krack3n, Greensiberia, bobtehnerd, Hyral, Alphastoat, sid1488 (6 members gave Thanks to spik96 for this useful post)
    caffeinefree's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude these are awesome! What's your account name on Nos? Going to give you rep points in the community area.

52836400's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, i am playing on Nost, using their client and your download provided for their version. But after I replace patch-2.mpq I get an error after starting the client saying my interface files are corrupt.

Greensiberia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing here.

Thanks G/R
    0/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bug has been reported and I have to make a region-specific patch for Nostalrius. The patch already available is for enUS. I'm uploading right now the enUK version. Choose according to your client. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by spik96 View Post
    This bug has been reported and I have to make a region-specific patch for Nostalrius. The patch already available is for enUS. I'm uploading right now the enUK version. Choose according to your client. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    OMG! Incredible!!! It is working!

By the way is it possible to change spells animation or sounds to modern versions?
    Last edited by Greensiberia; 08-13-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Greensiberia View Post
    OMG! Incredible!!! It is working!

By the way is it possible to change spells animation or sounds to modern versions?
    Sounds yeah, anytime. I just don't have the track in mind of every changes that happened in 10 years, especially with sounds.

Spells, hmm, most spells use particles (like glowing effects) or ribbons and I haven't coded them in my converter yet. It takes some time and I don't have much. But I try to progress as fast as I can !

9. Thanks leeviathan (1 members gave Thanks to spik96 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by spik96 View Post
    Sounds yeah, anytime. I just don't have the track in mind of every changes that happened in 10 years, especially with sounds.

Spells, hmm, most spells use particles (like glowing effects) or ribbons and I haven't coded them in my converter yet. It takes some time and I don't have much. But I try to progress as fast as I can !
    Thanks for your response. If you can please import as many HD textues to your MPQ as you can. HD textures for ground, items, mobs and walls it is most visible part of game. It makes 1.12.1 looks like modern game.

gallium08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you so much!!!!! the raptor looke really nice in the highlands
    is it possible to import some of the updated models from 6.0?

Krack3n's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    231/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for an update

Hyral's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is amazing and must have taken a ton of work, thank you! Just wondering, is there anything like this for 3.3.5 too?
    Last edited by Hyral; 11-29-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Alphastoat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You busted your butt on this, thank you so very much for sharing your work.

I had a quick question. I took the UK version of the Nostalrius patch (which worked great for my client BTW) and attempted to merge it with the fem Troll to Fem Blood Elf patch contents from this gent's submitted work.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ll-female.html ([1.12.2] Blood Elf Female Port (to Troll Female))

I was using Glitchy's MPQ editor with a merge attempt with your patch listed first, and ran into a Disk Full error over and over. I then spent over 3 hours taking the contents of the BE patch contents in adding them to your UK MPQ manually, but munged something up as it would work for a short time but Nostalrius' server was detecting it and booting me.

If this is the wrong place to ask for advice, it's great and I could try asking elsewhere.

Thanks G/R
    0/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your support !

Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    This is amazing and must have taken a ton of work, thank you! Just wondering, is there anything like this for 3.3.5 too?
    I do not think so. I can't say for sure since I don't play 3.3.5.
    Originally Posted by Alphastoat View Post

I had a quick question. I took the UK version of the Nostalrius patch (which worked great for my client BTW) and attempted to merge it with the fem Troll to Fem Blood Elf patch contents from this gent's submitted work.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ll-female.html ([1.12.2] Blood Elf Female Port (to Troll Female))

I was using Glitchy's MPQ editor with a merge attempt with your patch listed first, and ran into a Disk Full error over and over. I then spent over 3 hours taking the contents of the BE patch contents in adding them to your UK MPQ manually, but munged something up as it would work for a short time but Nostalrius' server was detecting it and booting me.

If this is the wrong place to ask for advice, it's great and I could try asking elsewhere.
    Well I don't see how it can be related to the content of my patch. I would extract all the content from both patchs, merge folders, and only then recreate a patch from the folder using Ladik's MPQ editor. Glitchy's tool are very old.

16. Thanks Krack3n (1 members gave Thanks to spik96 for this useful post)
    sid1488's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Alphastoat View Post

Hello! I'm that shmuck. I just randomly saw this post whilst checking out spik96's very well done work and thought I'd help you out, as I'm almost certain it is my patch causing trouble. It was never made to pass through any detection checks, such as the one on Nostalrius.

Here's a combo patch with spik96s fine work along with my swap, optimized to work on Nostalrius realms: combo patch.rar - Speedy Share - upload your files here

It's for the enUS version, however. If the enUK one is needed I could probably do that too rather easily.

I'm sorry if you don't like me doing this, spik96, if so I will remove this post. It's completely understandable if you don't want someone else distributing your work.

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by sid1488; 01-10-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    I am Swedish and I like green! And most other colours too!

Branko Anokic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just keep up the good work. This could and will be needed for many private servers and for many players Just don't give up i like what you have started and i wish you will do few more things like said above. Try only to focus on terrain, walls and everything that is most visible by a player that would make this thing you made ever awesomer. THANK YOU. Be well.

And sid1488 explaion what did you do there? you put more models?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast