0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Model Edit Fix] Official Model Edit Fix Thread

mate.....seems ur Vista versio is not working.....when i prees *end* the DOC window close......it have to be *patch disable* right ???

Phille's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your doing great work Chazwazza Thanks alot.

Mirranda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there plans to revert back to the simple load and go style?

Or is this the new? Thanks for taking the time to update either way.

hotwirenissanskyline's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it possible that this patch gets updated since wow has been patched up? this is no longer working btw. thanks in advance

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

REGARDING THE WoW v2.3 PTR - IMPORTANT NEWS

Okay, I have some bad news, infact, some VERY BAD ****ING NEWS. In short, Blizzard have nerfed model editing, and they've done a very good job at doing it.

The problem:
    Blizzard has TOTALLY DISABLED loading of arbitrary MPQs, that means, if you put a patch-x.mpq or w.e in your data folder it WILL NOT get loaded, period. So WoW won't even crash because of an invalid file, it will just ignore the MPQ that shouldn't be there. This spells bad news because without the MPQ data being loaded, a fix to patch the sig check isn't going to work.

Also, according to a friend of mine who knows a fair bit about warden he has given me information that Warden may or may not be scanning for arbitray MPQs (he hasn't verified this yet). This means, even if you force WoW to load the MPQ files, then you've got Warden waiting to ass**** you as soon as the file loads.

The fix:
    A fix is possible, I know how to do it, but I will not be releasing any more public fixes, it's clear Blizzard want's this dead, so I belive that from now on it's best that this stuff is kept as underground as possible, so those of us that do have the knowledge required to hack these things aren't ass****ing ourselves. Prior to 2.3 it wasn't a problem, because Blizzard didn't seem to care much about model editing, now they do, and they care big time. As such, all fixes that I choose to code (IF i choose to code them, I don't model edit at the moment so i see no reason to) will be kept private, I realise this may upset a lot of people but that's too bad I'm sorry, Blizzard wants this dead and buried and I'm not about to ruin my own chances of having a working fix just so some randoms can BG hack for a couple more patches.

The method:
    I shall give a hint as to how this would be possible to fix, but I will not give any more information than what is posted here, nor will I answer any PMs regarding the topic.
    I belive it would be possible to force WoW to load the MPQ files by detouring the code responsible for loading the MPQ files currently and patching in the code to load arbitrary files. Be careful of doing this though, code detours are highly detected by warden, there are methods around this but I will not discuss these either (I don't want them nerfed, some of my private stuff uses them). Also, you will need to be careful about warden checking for the extra MPQ files being loaded, not just for the code detour, so make sure if you're going to try and write a new fix you know what you're doing.

Anyway, in short, model editing is "nerfed". It is still possible with the right skills and knowledge, but I will no longer be releasing my fixes to the public, Blizz wants this dead, and they're not going to stop until it is.

EDIT: In a rush atm to do other things so I havn't spell/grammar checked this wall of text, or checked it for readability or whether it makes sense, sorry.
    Last edited by Cypher; 10-14-2007 at 06:25 AM.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24849505152