Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Step Guide to Race Conversions (For Absolute Newbies)

Unimportant information: I just got into model editing today and found this wonderful website. My goal was to change my Male Tauren Model to a different model. I read pretty much all the guides posted in the stickies but they can be very confusing for a noob. Race conversions require compiling quite a few textures, so it's not easy for first timers. And the pre-made "over 70 race conversion" post doesn't tell you how to set up the files (in an easy to understand way). Took me about 30 minutes to read everything and figure out how to do it, and I finally got it right. So I combined 2 simple guides into one, hopefully this will be very helpful for noobs like me.

NOTE: You DO NOT need to download MyWarCraftStudio for this

Step 1:

Go To

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...nversions.html

Find the race combinations you want, and download the file. After you unrar it with winrar you find the file called patch-4.mpq. Copy and Paste this file into your Data folder (example: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data)

Step 2:

Go To

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...-edit-fix.html

Download the Model Edit Fix file, unrar it, it is called ModelEditFix.exe

and copy/paste it into your Warcraft folder (example: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\). You will need to use this .exe to run WoW every time from now on.

(you may need to turn off your antivirus to run the file, my Avast Antivirus will nto allow me to run the file)

THAT'S IT!!

Problems You May Run into:

1. You will need to use the ModelEditFix.exe to run WoW every time from now on, the original WoW.exe crashes when you have patch-4.mpq inside your Data folder. If you want to stop using model editing simply rename the patch-4.mpq into something else, (example: patch-4.mpq123). And you can use the original WoW.exe again (but no edited model obviously)

2. Some antivirus programs "detect" a trojan horse in ModelEditFix.exe. This should be a false threat and you can simply ignore it. Some antivirus programs will not allow you to run ModelEditFix.exe, and you will have to turn off the antivirus program when you run it.

One problem I still have: I changed my male Tauren Model to a Male Blood Elf Model. However, the Belf is still as big as the tauren. My goal was to make the tauren model smaller so it is easier to see things in tunnels etc... Does anyone know how to make the Tauren Model smaller?

2 Step Guide to Race Conversions (For Absolute Newbies)
    Demonkunga's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2 Step Guide to Race Conversions (For Absolute Newbies)

This isn't really a guide. It's just what you do to use someone else's race edit.
    Check this guide out to change the size.
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...-and-size.html

Also check out http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...tml#post256465 for any guides you may need for model editing.

dreaming's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

On a side note, why does ModelEditFix.exe show up on every antivirus program as trojan?

Dax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a false positive.