Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tauren Druid - New feral forms! (revised)

Originally Posted by Andrige View Post
    Sounds great! The main issues at the moment is probably the size of the Worgen, but in my opinion, don't change the walking animation to running, everytime the Worgen runs he lifts of the ground, if he's now stealthing and moving slower, it'll look weird that he's hanging in the air. Just try the size modification before jumping on that one, okay?

Also, this might be a tad tricky aswell, but I was hoping that it would be possible to change the attackanimations to something out of Worgens own arsenal of animations, so that Shred actually looks like a ripping move. And perhaps to remove the weapon while in Worgen form (not certain but if easy and possible then I think a try on it could be good).

Also, just a last question to you... do you need the Modeledit.exe modification to your archive in order for WoW to recognize the .dbc changes you make? I did my attempt at changing the .dbc files before, but the game crashed and said it was an error, and I didn't have the Modeledit.exe file installed so to speak. I guess that makes all the difference?

DBC edits wont even let you start the game w/o modeledit.exe

I got all the furblog stuff working (including the necklace + kilt) all it would need is a photoshop to match the cat form skin. The animations are nice, only issue is that lacerate doesnt have an animation, ill try to fix that.

[Model Reskin] Druids of Azeroth - New Shapeshift Skins
    Andrige's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by LrdZanny View Post
    DBC edits wont even let you start the game w/o modeledit.exe

I got all the furblog stuff working (including the necklace + kilt) all it would need is a photoshop to match the cat form skin. The animations are nice, only issue is that lacerate doesnt have an animation, ill try to fix that.
    Hotdamn! If you got the .dbc edits, I can do the Photoshop edits if you don't want to do it yourself. Also, I don't know if it's asking too much, but can you fix the Worgen? Get animations assigned... size... all that... it's the Worgen in its current state that looks just shabby, but with your skill it could be much better! If you want I can post the animations I had in mind for the Cat form attacks and list them here ^^;

Hoping to hear from your progress,
    //Andrige

LrdZanny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotdamn! If you got the .dbc edits, I can do the Photoshop edits if you don't want to do it yourself. Also, I don't know if it's asking too much, but can you fix the Worgen? Get animations assigned... size... all that... it's the Worgen in its current state that looks just shabby, but with your skill it could be much better! If you want I can post the animations I had in mind for the Cat form attacks and list them here ^^;

Hoping to hear from your progress,
    //Andrige
    I can slow or speed up the worgens animations, things i know i wont be able to do just from the last 2 hours of checking -

assign animations to spells
    change when animations fire
    add new animations to furblogs (they dont have emotes etc)

things i might be able to do
    resize the changed worgen (not the normal one)
    remove the weapon, so its unarmed like cat form

things i can do
    make the furblog work, fully visible, with 2 bear designated model components (Its the bear skin and the neck / kilt, which are seperate)
    change speeds of animations before the size redoes them (if you use a normal worgen, and slow the animation through this, they attack / run slower, but it resets when it resizes the model to tauren cat form size)

im trying to change the size of the cat form atm.

Heres the working furblog, the 2 blps in the bear folder are what you want to work with (by name) with the DBC edit. You can not start WoW with the DBC edit without the model change exe, and without the DBC the bear form has 3 - 5 white components when you play the game (its awkward and bulky, it needs to reference and place the parts of the furblogstuff BLP on top of the model)

Also, if you rename the furblogstuff, id have to change the DBC.

Furblog.zip

also, the dbc edit has to go in the wow enUS or enUK folder.

umm, ill see if i can resize the worgen by tonight

hookito's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like see the weapon in worgen

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, it works just fine with the furbolg edit you sent me, gonna see if I can make anything out of it. However, you think it's not possible to get animations when doing skills or spells? AnimationData.dbc has the Druid attacks in it, like DruidBearMaul and CatFormRake, and so on. I tried fiddling there myself and I got the suggestion of using that file when I asked in the Request forums. It might be a bit buggy since I think the animation table there is global, but it might be worth a shot?

(sucks that we're on totally different timezones, makes it a bit harder co-working on anything ^^; )

EDIT: There's one thing that's annoying me... that is if I want this to go to other people, it might be a bit troublesome that they need to have the Modeledit.exe fix each time they start the game, also with suspicion of keylogger I can understand it'll pull it down if the pack needs to have that. I'll make a pack for use with the modeledit.exe, and another which (like I have previously) doesn't require any of that. Just so you guys know.

EDIT:

I have made a 512x512 texture of it instead (so I can cram more details into it, the original skin looked really poor), and made the back a bit more furry and not so ugly and striped as it was before, also made the face less ugly and made the eye-area more sharp and less pixel-drama. It's still a work in progress.
    Last edited by Andrige; 08-26-2007 at 10:43 AM.

LrdZanny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darken the paws and shoulders imo, to match the black / brown on the cat

About animations.dbc, it plays animations in the characters animations cycle on queues, which i dont know, and apply to only 6 elements. I doubt any of them would change the worgen / bear form animations, since hundreds of world mobs use them also.

I could try it.

Also looking in some oddly named DBCs for resizing on the cat instead of the worgen

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darken the paws and shoulders imo, to match the black / brown on the cat

About animations.dbc, it plays animations in the characters animations cycle on queues, which i dont know, and apply to only 6 elements. I doubt any of them would change the worgen / bear form animations, since hundreds of world mobs use them also.

I could try it.

Also looking in some oddly named DBCs for resizing on the cat instead of the worgen
    In case you read this now; I'm available the whole evening. I'm gonna work more on the Furbolg, and gonna change the paws to be darker (thanks).

LrdZanny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case you read this now; I'm available the whole evening. I'm gonna work more on the Furbolg, and gonna change the paws to be darker (thanks).
    I just got the resize on the cat form model to work in WMV but trying to load it on live crashes the game even with the exe.

On the model, maybe add another symbol or 2 to the shoulders and back?
    Last edited by LrdZanny; 08-26-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got the resize on the cat form model to work in WMV but trying to load it on live crashes the game even with the exe.
    Ouch... you sure you have closed the Modeledit.exe down before doing this change? I realized that it crashed if you don't let the .exe file "load it in" so to speak. Btw, I'll post the screenshot of the new skin soon...

LrdZanny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch... you sure you have closed the Modeledit.exe down before doing this change? I realized that it crashed if you don't let the .exe file "load it in" so to speak. Btw, I'll post the screenshot of the new skin soon...

ive tried like 5 different codings in the DBCs, ive used 3 seperate ones, and nothing works. Im so lost, i think my DBC editor is borked, cuz the game never loads the model now O_o

Ima download it again and try again >.<

If anyone can alter the strings in creaturemodels.dbc in the column that has 1.00 etc on it, to like 1.5, and see if that loads the model larger, it would be appreciated. As it is, the model wont load for me. Its probably a program bug.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive tried like 5 different codings in the DBCs, ive used 3 seperate ones, and nothing works. Im so lost, i think my DBC editor is borked, cuz the game never loads the model now O_o

Ima download it again and try again >.<

If anyone can alter the strings in creaturemodels.dbc in the column that has 1.00 etc on it, to like 1.5, and see if that loads the model larger, it would be appreciated. As it is, the model wont load for me. Its probably a program bug.
    Nooes... well, don't strain yourself too much with it :s I can try later if I get the programs and all that up (I got my computer back now, however it's as borked as it was before I sent it to repair. Have to restart the computer due to errors when starting WoW three times now before it worked. And then Firefox is not working as it is atm. GG)

LrdZanny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Sannin View Post
    Hello Andrige, i was wondering if you can seperate the files? I would love the worgen form in a seperate file. I think its good work on the bear and morph form but thats just not "me". Hope you'll do it
    Download My Warcraft Studio from the downloads stickied thread, open it, go open the MPQ with andrige's edits, and delete the file under Creature -> TaurenDruidBear -> TaurenDruidBearSkin.blp

than it will load w/o the bear skin

also, if your trying to use another model edit, you could just put the 2ed one with a number following andrige's files to have it override his

(IE, patch-3 = andrige, patch-4 = custom bear)

LrdZanny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can right click on it, theres a delete option in the pop up box

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you dont... wowmodelviewer is just for VIEWING.
    you need mywarcraftstudio to edit files ...

chilito's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linked is just a model change for Tauren Druid Cat form -> Worgen (white skin, did not like the brown). No new morph animation, no new sounds. Just the simple Tauren Druid Cat -> Worgen (you also can alter the skin you want with MWS and MPQ master. Change the name of the patch accordingly.

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 234567891056106 ... LastLast