0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain patches work for 4.0.3

The sad part is that it's only textures, so currently no morphs/model changes will work. Still, for those of you who like changing your gear and weapons can still have some fun with this.

You need to dig up your old .mpq files for this, because it works similarly as to how it did pre-4.0.1. They need to be uncompressed.

Rename the .mpq texture edit you want to use to SoundCache-3

Go to your WoW > Data > Cache folder and remove the SoundCache-3 file that is currently there (and I suggest putting it in a safe spot so you can put it back before Cata goes live) and then replace it with your custom mpq file and it should work.

Good news is, this also means your nude patches will work, but due to Blizz's meddling they seem to look slightly lower quality than they used to be and I haven't been able to get around that.

I can't promise that all of your old .mpq edits will work, if they contain any sort of morph/model change edit inside of them, you will crash. But if all your editing is textures, then they should work fine. Feel free to play around and tell me if you find anything or if I'm not being very clear.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rd2511pr717i7bd

^^ Working nude patch for 4.0.3
    Last edited by Tripwire625; 11-20-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Certain patches work for 4.0.3
    Nose's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok....trying......brb didnt work for me =(
    Last edited by Nose; 11-19-2010 at 05:25 AM.

Miyoko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tested it, by creating an mpq, called SoundCache-3.MPQ, put it in the folder OP suggested, however my MPQ was set up like

SoundCache-3.MPQ > CREATURE > Druidcat >

the texture edits didnt work.

the model however, did.

pretty weird, i'll look into it some more
    Last edited by Miyoko; 11-19-2010 at 06:44 AM.

Kardus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tripwire625 View Post
    Good news is, this also means your nude patches will work, but
    Not for me

Tripwire625's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Miyoko View Post
    Just tested it, by creating an mpq, called SoundCache-3.MPQ, put it in the folder OP suggested, however my MPQ was set up like

SoundCache-3.MPQ > CREATURE > Druidcat >

the texture edits didnt work.

the model however, did.

pretty weird, i'll look into it some more
    I can't claim that it works perfectly, I still can't figure out why the quality of the nude patch dropped so significantly after the patch.

As for the ones who can't get it to work, are you having problem with crashes or is it not loading at all? Again, you're not longer using the folder-system that was needed in 4.0.1, but you're going back to the old .mpq system that was in place before it. You're simply putting them in a new place.

To make it easy for some of you, I'll post a functional nude patch after I get back from class in ~2 hrs.
    Last edited by Tripwire625; 11-19-2010 at 11:15 AM.

Kardus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I tried your method using two or three different patches tested for 4.0.1, and they didn't work. If you can get something working that would be great.

Limstella's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you guys letting the launcher apply non-critical updates? As far as I have heard, letting it do that makes it rewrite those patches, so you have to enter before it can.

Furthermore, the MPQ you make has to be uncompressed.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soundcache-3.mpq

Here's a link to a nude patch that works for me. Just replace the current SoundCache-3 file with this one and off you go.

Lim, my non-critical updates are fully updated and I have no problem using them. Like I said, it's definitely not the answer to all of our prayers, but at least it's something. Hopefully somebody else can figure out how to take this further than I could.
    Last edited by Tripwire625; 11-19-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Nose's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is really blizz trying to F!$!"$! model editers? because wy change how files work every !$!$!$ patch?

pyriel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i imagine you got this from darknest? saw an almost identical post in their thread of people trying to figure out how to get ME working again.

@ the post above me...yes and no. theyve said more than once they have no problem with model editing (it used to be perfectly fine up till patch 1.11 actually), ...the problem is there are some people who model edit as a form of, for lack of a better word, art. they enjoy making new zones and new models purely for aesthetic reasons...unfortunatly there are also people who (/cough) make edits to remove the door to anzu, or solo ZG easier, or cheat in pvp. THAT is what they have a problem with

@ the some of the other posts above me: ..this method only seems to work for some people (perhaps alot of people are just not realizing to not compress them), but as a rule of thumb...its gtraphic wrappers only (skins) not actual models that will work

other stuff:
    - there are reports of some edits working if you do them via interface folder, but last time this was available it was very short lived so dont jump for joy just yet ( to clarify, if you have an edited blp you can place it in the interface folder following the correct file tree which would normally be in the mpq archive)

- i CRINGE to admit it (as im sure other experienced model editors will too, lol) but there IS a way to get edits to work..see, the problem isnt really the edits in most cases, its the method of loading. if you were so inclined you could modify the blizzard mpq's directly. then your edits would work....now i cringe at saying this to leechers because this is a DIRECT edit of your game, as soon as a patch or the streaming loader or anything else brushes up against those files the wrong way...youll have to reinstall WoW = /

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pyriel View Post
    - i CRINGE to admit it (as im sure other experienced model editors will too, lol) but there IS a way to get edits to work..see, the problem isnt really the edits in most cases, its the method of loading. if you were so inclined you could modify the blizzard mpq's directly. then your edits would work....now i cringe at saying this to leechers because this is a DIRECT edit of your game, as soon as a patch or the streaming loader or anything else brushes up against those files the wrong way...youll have to reinstall WoW = /
    Or make a copy of the originals and replace the patch whenever Blizz decided to do one and profit.

Limstella's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pyriel View Post
    Actually, I think someone at Darknest tried that. It just gets rid of yours and re-downloads an unedited MPQ, if I remember right.

Kardus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok, it worked

timmy56's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    blizzard sucks! model editing our toons doesn't give us any unfair advantage at all! it actually MAKES us wanna play the game! so y the heck do they wanna take that away from us!? i bet theyre reading this right now trying to prevent us from model editing! those jack@sses! but dont you worry blizzard, well find a way... we always do... and they're nothing you can do about it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not people who edit their characters to spice up their game that they're worried about, they're worried about the people who edit Netherwing eggs into Murmurs and delete gates in WSG/Strath to gain an unfair advantage in the game. I'm sure if we didn't have this problem Blizz really wouldn't give a damn. I'm trying not to point any fingers, how people choose to play this game is their business, but Blizzard's job is to prevent such situations from happening, and we simply end up catching the shrapnel from it.
    Last edited by Tripwire625; 11-20-2010 at 03:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast