Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get money for epic flying mount (Casual Players)

[I did not write this guide, but I thought I would contribute with it nontheless]

Since there seems to be so many, ahem, opinions on the possibility of a so-called casual player to ever amass 5000 shiny gold pieces (and many many topics about it on this board), I'd like to chip in as to how I did it.

This guide defines the casual player as a person who plays an hour, perhaps two, every other day with a bit more in the weekends. The casual player does not focus deeply on one aspect of the game (ie, raiding or pvp'ing in arenas) for hours on end, rather, he likes a bit of this and a bit of that as he merrily waltzes along.

There are of course other ways to do it than presented here, but in my humble opinion, this is one of the best. This will take time. Getting 5000g is no small feat, even for one who plays 25/7.

Throughout this wall of text, the most important advice is, have fun! If you feel bored or annoyed, log off and do something else before you burn out.

This guide begins exactly when you have bought your epic land mount, probably around lvl 60-62.
    Firstly, go respec to whatever spec which allows you go grind most efficiently. You might feel like a bot being Beast Master specced, for example, but it works and that's what matters.

Now, unlearn whatever professions you have and go pick up Mining and Enchanting, if you don't have those already.
    Yes, really.
    You're more than able to solo all the early instances (up to and including Maraudon for most classes) for dust, essences and shards to kickstart your enchanting. Prioritise those instances which also has mineral nodes, such as Deadmines, Razorfen Kraul/Downs etc. With a bit of luck, you might find some rare BoE's which twinks will buy for a nice chunk of gold.
    Check these websites: Mining Guide Enchanting on how to powerlevel them most efficiently.
    Spend some time (it will pay off later) raising enchanting to 275 and mining to 300, then head back into Outlands.

Now, simply quest, instance and grind your way through Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh and Terokkar Forest. Mine every node you see, and disenchant every useless quest reward and every unsellable greenie.
    Once you're mostly done in TF, you should be around lvl 65-66 and ready for Nagrand.

Stop questing!

From now on, only grind and instance your way to level 70. Only do quests if you really really need the reward.
    When grinding, pick spots which either (a) drops aldor/scryer reputation tokens (b) drops motes and/or (c) gives you reputation with a faction you'll need later.
    This will become terribly dull in the long run, but you want that epic flying mount, right?
    Now's the time to put action behind that desire ;-)

Two spots to consider -
    - Firewing Point / Cultists in Bone Wastes in Terokkar. Drops aldor/scryer stuff and good amounts of cloth.
    - Ogres in Warmaul Hills. Gives Mag'har / Kurenai and Consortium reputation, and the area is filled with adamantite nodes. If you need an objective, grind those factions to revered or exalted ;-)

Time will pass, and you will eventually hit level 70. Grats!
    You should have enough gold from your 66-70 grind to buy the normal flying mount the moment you ding the big seven-oh - if not, you will have very soon.

Here comes grind number two - go do every quest in Nagrand, Blade's Edge Mountains, Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley. This is where (dis)enchanting really pays off. Simply disenchant every quest-reward which you really really don't need, and be ready to recieve a net reward of 20-30g for almost every quest with an item-reward (even more for the group-quests) in the two level 70 zones.

Once you have completed everything there is to complete, sold everything there is to sell and disenchanted everything with a shine, you should have approximately 2500-3000g, depending on your luck with rare and epic drops and the general server economy (can be much more if you got really lucky, or perhaps less on dull servers).

Grind number three! - nearly there. All there's left now is to do dailies, mine ore and disenchant stuff for profit. This part will take some time as well, as you can't do that many daily quests yet.
    You might want to consider borrowing the remaining gold you need if you have a few rich buddies, as you will get access quite a few easy daily-quests on Netherwing Ledge once you have your epic mount.
    If not, dig in and be glad that it's soon over.

Tips along the way
    - Should go without saying, but never buy anything from the AH unless you can resell it for profit. Sell every green item with the Beast, Invoker, Physician, Sorcerer and Bandit suffixes

- Conversely, make an AH alt, and check the AH when you log on, and just before you log off. Keep an eye on blue crafted stuff, such as Imbued Netherweave stuff and Felsteel Gloves. I can't count the number of times I've bought loads of these from people who's skilling their tailoring or blacksmithing, disenchanted them, and sold the shard for 1-2g profit.

- Make friends as you go along. Find out who you click with, and keep in touch with them. A simple "hai!" when they log on and a "see you tomorrow" when you log off goes a long way. Make a custom channel and drag you buddies in it, and go do stuff when you're all bored out of your socks. Raid Stormwind in ninja-costumes or go wipe on the old Azeroth outdoor raidbosses. Help each other out with instances, professions (for example, get a JCer buddy to prospect your ore while you disenchant for him) and quests. In other words network and have fun! You will need people to tell "ur mum"-jokes to while grinding ;-)

- Make most of your time while online. Make a goal of doing a certain amount of quests, or simply getting a certain amount of gold everytime you're online, and do not do anything else before that goal has been achieved.

Good luck!

How to get money for epic flying mount (Casual Players)
    general_salsa
    This is pretty nice... +rep thx for contributing

but dont make it look so hard gettin a epix flyer, only takes bout 2 weeks

xwww's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol 100$ = 5k gold )) working in RL and buy this f*ken Violet Mount....
    \Just do it/

PS Great guide for Casual players. ^)

Starmanian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice post +2rep
    :wave: Duh, me is pro!

Eluo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol thanks for the Guide!
    +rep

Jamie,'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post +rep

Khalts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just dont like this part of the guide :P

"Now, unlearn whatever professions you have and go pick up Mining and Enchanting"
    Nice guide :P
    "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

jacaxe's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for all the positive posts and the reputation

fredrikkvifte's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got 7000g and have epic flying but thats not it sorry m8

deathtalon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all profs are viable

All professions are viable, you just have to find the right items to make / farm.

Although enchanting (dis) is great while you are levelling