0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW: Which class should I be?

This is kinda copied by something I saw on another forum. And I saw on many forums that there are many wow newbies who ask which class should they be. So I start the thread here to help them decide which class they should be.

First off, let me and all the other forumites explain a little something about choosing classes. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever about which class you will enjoy. Neither does anybody else on these forums. Above all else, above race/faction/sex/looks, class is the thing that will be the most influential part of the game for you. Nobody is going to invite you to a raid if you are a gnome, tauren, etc. Nobody is going to decline you a raid spot if you have green hair and blue eyes. What they ARE going to care about is if you are a priest, mage, rogue, warrior, etc. and what spec you are. So then, lets go through these in a simple attempt to get the newcomers familiar with all the classes.

And note, not ALL these links are for post 2.0. If you are looking for a definitive GUIDE, please use these links only as a reference. Some ARE outdated, but for the getting an idea of the classes to assist you in making your choice, these are more than enough to understand the classes.

Druids
    Druids are a versatile class. They can take on three different aspects which help them overcome many obstacles. In cat form, they take on a rogue-like aspect. They can stealth, dash (sprint), and pounce (stun). In Bear form, they take on the aspect of a warrior, with threat gaining abilities, massive armor, stuns, etc. As a resto druid, you are a healer. Heals over time, large heals, combinations of the two, etc.

They can also buff and debuff groups. And can rez players that die.

For the Druid forums, go here:
    Druid Forum
    Guides can be found stickied at the top, but here are some of them.
    Build Thread
    Usefull Druid Links
    BC Information
    Druid Feral and/or Balance Leveling Guide
    Druid Talent Guide

Hunters
    Hunters are often described as the best solo leveler in the game. You obtain the ability to tame almost any beast in the game at level 10. As a hunter, your primary attack will be ranged using bows or guns. You will be able to lay traps that will slow/freeze/burn incoming mob(s). You will also be able to feign death getting you out of combat if things get rough or you need to take a break to eat or drink or even lay another trap. You also have the ability to track different mobs. One key thing hunters utilize is the "kiting" method. The kiting method basically involves running away from a target but continuously hitting (and slowing) it until it gets low on health.

Hunter links:
    Hunter Forums
    Hunter Mods and Macros
    Hunter PVP Guide
    Hunter Talent Guide

Mage
    Mages are excellent DPS'ers. Depending on spec, they also have a high survivability. Mages generally spec into Frost or Fire to level. Each one has its own perks. As a mage, your primary attack will be from range. With the only armor available being cloth, your armor is going to be weak, which means you will not live for long if you get in melee range of mobs. At level 20 you will be able to teleport to your factions major cities and at level 40 you can teleport others with you. You can make your own water(mana regen) and food(health regen) as well as pass it out to your friends. Mages can sheep mobs, taking the mob effectively out of combat for a short amount of time. They can also AoE, a spell that causes damage to closely packed mobs.

Mage Links:
    Mage Forums
    World's BEST Mage Guide (Not really....but it was written by me and Skygoneblue...)
    AoE Information
    Mage Macros

Rogues
    First off....let me make something LOUD AND CLEAR. It is roGUe not roUGe.
    If you like sneaking around, getting in close to players, and unleashing all sorts of crazy damage, the rogue class might be for you. Rogues can stealth which *basically* makes them invisible to mobs near your level range. They can open up fights doing a huge amount of damage, and have the ability to keep a player from doing a single thing for an entire fight (called Stunlocking). Rogues are an in-the-face DPS class. At level 22 you will be able to Vanish out of combat, making you invisible again. Rogues can also make and utilize poisons, that do damage, slow, etc other mobs and players. They can also pick locks and doors.

Rogue Links:
    Rogue Forums
    Lock Picking Guide
    Osiris' Rogue Guides
    Osiris' BC Rogue Guide
    Another Rogue Guide

Paladin
    I will be the first to admit I don't really know that much about this class. BUT...A paladin can do a multitude of things. It has the ability to give amazing short term buffs, it has the ability to shield itself long enough to heal, finish of a mob (or hearth out...), and it can do some pretty decent DPS and healing if specc'd for it. They also get "free" mounts....although there is a quest for them. Most players call pallys the "unkillable" class. This is of course not true....but they do have an uncanny ability to make battle last much longer than they should.

Paladin Links
    Paladin Forums
    Paladin Guide
    Another Paladin Guide

Priest Guide
    Are you the generous kind of person that enjoys being the real gusto behind the raids? Are you the kind of person that loves to completley and utterly destroy things? Well, make your choice, and then choose priest. Priests can either be the best healers in the game, or be one of the most terrifying class you can face. As a healer, you will be the "behind the scenes" guy. You won't be up there at the front lines dealing out damage, but the guys that are know exactly who to thank and love. If you were not there, they would be dead. Or do you like melting faces with powerful spells and DoTs (damage over times)? Priests are one of the most feared classes in PVP. Priests can also buff groups with amazing stamina (life) and Spirit(regen) buffs.

Priest Links
    Priest Forum
    Priest Grinding Guide"
    Priest Leveling Guide
    PVE Guide
    Priest Information and FAQs

Shaman
    Shamans are an amazing class. Similar to the druid, they can fit many shoes. As a restoration specd Shaman you will be an excellent healer. You can also be a great DPSer. Shamans don't really have a definitive "distance" for attacking. Depending on your spec, DPS shamans can either be at range or up close. They do extremely well at both. Shamans buff the group by laying totems. These totems have a decent range, but as they are immobile, if the group moves away from the totem, they lose the buff. At level 20 they gain a travel form.

Shaman Links
    Shaman Forum
    Shaman Talent Guide
    Enhancement Gear

Warlock
    This is once again a class I don't know all that much about. This class does have some amazing DoTs and can keep you feared for an entire fight (feared means you can't do anything but run around out of your control). Similar to hunters, they have "pets" called minions. These summon-able minions come with different attributes and abilities, and depending on what you are fighting you will be switching them out. This class is defined as one of the (if not THE) best PVP 1v1 class available. Warlocks also have the ability to summon players to them (with two other players assisting the lock) and can hand out items to resurect a player or heal the player.

Warlock Links:
    Warlock Forum
    kcma's Leveling Guide
    Raiding Guide
    Warlock FAQs

Warrior
    The #1 tank in the game, this class can deal out amazing damage and take many many hits. With a high armor rating, these are the players that rush straight into the middle of the fight and expect to live. Whether specd protection for taking the hits, or specd fury for giving these hits, this class is a moving powerhouse. If you enjoy being in somebodies face and letting them know that you are there, this might be the class for you. They do lack ranged attacks (besides a bow/gun/thrown) but they make up for it with making sure they have the armor to get in close. They also have an amzing ability to draw aggro, which is why they make the best tanks.

Warrior Links
    Warrior Forum
    Build Guide
    Tank Guide

And thats it. Take a look through all those links, hopefully something in there will spark your interest and you will say "Wow, I want to try that!" If this is your very first character, don't be afraid to screw up or even make a new character. Nobody is perfect, but more importantly, nobody is YOU. Make the choice yourself.....or talk to your friends about it. With 7+ Million players, you can guarantee somebody you know is playing this game!

If the Mods could sticky this, it might help as well.
    Last edited by warhoo; 11-06-2007 at 01:02 AM.

WOW: Which class should I be?
    darbdavys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WOW: Which class should I be?

omg, can i get banned for using this EXPLOIT?

septimasxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cmon guys choose rogue! you know you want to.

sabin93's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a good guide for the starters but its in the wrong section. Mods please move this into the guide section.Good job warhoo

sabin93's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

offtopic: a lot of people chose rogue because they hear that rogue is imba.Well all classes are imba

D3m0n1ca's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice job typing in black text... I can't read a thing because my computer won't highlight for some reason. And if this is what I think it is it should go in the guides forum.

jcako's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah good job on the guide but proberlly move it to the guide section lol and change the text color its rlly hard to read
    BOM POW

shadowbladex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea..kinda the wrong section = /

meraz9000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good guide but the color hurt my eyes

AntonJ3000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leeched
    "This is kinda copied by something I saw on another forum. And I saw on many forums that there are many wow newbies who ask which class should they be. So I start the thread here to help them decide which class they should be."

karlov's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leeched and put in wrong forum >:O
    Close this thread ><

TriNeaX's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice post even though its in the wrong section,
    But wouldnt it belong better on WoW forums.. ? *Unless thats where you took it from* Seeing as i wouldnt excpect that many newbies to either know / use MMOwned

rebino's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this guide kinda usefull since im going to level a new alt. would +rep if i could . But still like everyone said. Wrong forum and bad color :P

panyagua's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya wrong section and bad text color but not bad guide

Skalman2000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by septimasxx View Post
    cmon guys choose rogue! you know you want to.
    On topic: agreed!!^^

Off topic: Is your sig screen shoted from real wow or from a Private Server?? either way it's kind of funny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast