Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Scam Proof your account! (my repost)

Thought this deserved a little bump since my buddy just used my method to save his account before he got scammed while trading accounts.

Heres my original post.

How many of you have sold you wow accounts only to have the paypal payment held/recalled, and left you with nothing? Well I found out a way to render your account unplayable ( safe from selling / trading / deleting ) until you phone blizzard and get your account back. Simply log into account management, set up the parental controls to an email you have access to, set up the password. Leave your account management window open during the transaction and if it goes sour, click the parental controls and make the account unplayable all hours of the day. Your scammer will be left with an unplayable account, making you account safe from trading /selling / deletion, giving you time to contact blizzard.

NOTE: Even though you gave them the account info, changed the email on the account, or if they changed the password, you will not be logged out of account management so don't close the window, you can have it open as long as you want after the transaction in case it goes sour.

edit: only to trades during the day time, before blizzard technical support offices close for the night, so you can phone them and retrieve your account asap after it is locked via parental controls.
    @Tichondrius

How To Scam Proof your account! (my repost)
    BiG BaLLa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come they can't just login to your account and modify the parental controls?

alchdemon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BiG BaLLa
    How come they can't just login to your account and modify the parental controls?

these are parental controls, so its kind of like, if a parent choose no hours to play the kid could just log in , so this work differently with a different password and email, at least thats what i got from his post.

Zing!'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't you also not tell them the question answer? Or are they to intelligent for that.

phyro111's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the parental controls can be registered to different email address. they won't be able to retrieve the password because they wont know the email address. This will likely confuse the scammer and he'll just give up and not waste his time and move onto his next target, allowing you to phone blizz and retrieve your account.
    @Tichondrius