0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cowwow's guide to getting rid of spammers

:rimshot:When I say spammers I mean people who are payed to go on WoW and advertise their website through spamming. Well first of course you can put them on your ignore list , but what if you don't want to still see them, or hear them if you don't feel like ignoring anyone? What if there are multiple ones in every city you go to? Here's how to get rid of them!

1. Spam them back! They start spamming and you click on your macro so nobody sees it. It can discourage them but It can also get you partialy banned (Happened to me) because people think you're spamming for no reason. So a better way is to spam them in whisper chat, why would they report you if they can be reported for advertising their website on WoW?

2. Most of the spammers are completely new to the game and are assigned to major cities so if you have spells or dynamite or bombs that you can throw or cast at people without hurting them it will scare them off. For instance, i had a stick of dynamite and I said: "I'm going to blow you up if you don't stop!" I threw it and shot Volley at him and he logged out.

3. Threaten to report them. This may seem obvious, but you'd be surprised how many scammers you can scare off this way. Start with "STOP" they'll probobly realize this first sign of warning (When you open a ticket it says "Make sure you have told the person to stop")

4. Tell them that you have reported them (You haven't though) They will most likely log out giving you time to do watever you want to do before they create a new character and get him to where they were.

5. The most obvious: Actualy report them. Maybe if you wait the time for a GM to come they can actualy get banned. Try not to notify them too much of this because they'll log out and delete their character.

6. Get a group of people to come with you to encircle the spammer. Tell him to stop spamming and to go away, that you don't want to buy his product. He will most likely log out and spam elsewhere.

I hope I helped you a bit on how to get rid of a spammer.

- Cowwow -

Cowwow's guide to getting rid of spammers
    treyska's Avatar Drummer / Designer
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most spammers aren't actually playing their chars... they simply run the toon to a designated city and click their auto-it script.

the most effective way to do this is to right-click their name and report them for spamming. it auto-ignores them for you, as well as notifies a GM.

shadowbladex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by treyska View Post
    most spammers aren't actually playing their chars... they simply run the toon to a designated city and click their auto-it script.

the most effective way to do this is to right-click their name and report them for spamming. it auto-ignores them for you, as well as notifies a GM.

Very true, some dont even run to the citys, they have a auto runner for it.

Cowwow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i encountered alot actualy playing

treyska's Avatar Drummer / Designer
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by shadowbladex View Post

i figured as much, i just didn't know how they did it xD

Happy2k's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by shadowbladex View Post
    Some actually use speedhack for that.. A spammer almost ran me over when i leveled my bank to lvl10 (for engi 150).

Again, they dont care.. They just use trial accounts.

Starmanian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have teleport hack and are changing names prolly a spoof so you can't report em or anything... GG you fail!
    :wave: Duh, me is pro!

-Saphyro-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you may download the addon SpamMeNot

SpamMeNot | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

Wich blocks all the long texts written by goldspammers. It works great for me, i've used it for months now. You can see their chatbubble, but i does not appear in your chat.

Partyboy03's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with Saphyro. i have used SpamMeNot for a about 5 months now.. and i havent seen a single spam since. You can also change the level on it so you can block low levels from begging gold from you (set level 5 and below to be blocked). You can also prevent people from inviting you to groups (the spammers that invite you then spam in party chat). All-in-all.. if spammers are bothering you, SpamMeNot is the way to go.