0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] The Three Key Steps Of Raiding

Raiding may seem like something that is easy, that anyone can do, however, theres people that maybe just joined a new guild and theres a whole 24 other people that they don't know and you don't know. Raiding can be just like being a new person in a classroom everyone looking at you, watching everything you do, and picking you apart for everything you do wrong. Understand that other members of your class probably don't like you because your another person to compete with loot/dkp and they will find any way to find problems with your playing style and skills.

===============================================

Step 1 To Raiding: Fitting In

Fitting in with a whole 24 other people isn't as easy as it may seem even though you are on the other side of a computer. You have to make sure in no way you can offend any one person of those 24 people. The current raiders have normally been playing together for a while and are much more use to each other and feel more comfortable with each other. I recommend not speaking to much and finding one person you seem that you can relate with best. Try doing a heroic run after the raid with that person or a few other people that way they get used to you and you get used to them. Treat the raid like a clique and right now your outside of it. Fitting in with a raid will always result in the raid performing better as a team.

Step 2 To Raiding: Playing With Other Members Of Your Class

As stated earlier in the guide, most members of your class will see you as a rival. Someone who they have to compete with for gear. Their class was probably already well off and they were fine with sharing gear with the current people, but you are an outside, a scrub. The first thing I recommend is finding any way to help out one or more members of your class. Maybe doing quests, dailies, or even as simple as helping them with giving the new addons. Try and fit in with the other members of your class by allowing them to treat you as the guild noob and treat them like they are higher than you, but still your friends. Try and make it seem like you are on the same side with them.This is the most important part of the three steps because the other members of your class can decide if you stay or get the boot.

Step 3 To Raiding: Playing Your Best Game

Always find some way to get ahead of all the other members of the raid; Maybe that means bringing etra consumables that arent required such as oils, food, and/or flasks. Make sure that its evident that you are trying to play your top game while raiding a boss and that you don't like to do things half way. This step will win raid leaders and guild officers over, showing them that your on top of things and that you want to raid. Always be ready for any place that you can for you to shine through as better than the other raiders. Always keep in mind your not the gift to the raid, but the other raiders are a gift to you.

================================

Hope the guide helped those of you who were looking how to fit in and raid well with a new raid group. Feel free to post any questions or revisions to the guide in here.

-SeRiEz

[Guide] The Three Key Steps Of Raiding
    bluesius's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Guide] The Three Key Steps Of Raiding

Lol, nice one, kinda just what i did in order to get accepted as a member in my guild atm on the paladin, now raiding MH & BT ^^

Kalei's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Guide] The Three Key Steps Of Raiding

Great guide, the situations described are very much the same as I remember them to be when I first joined my Raiding Guild. These are great tips folks