III. Custom Classes
    IV. Picking a Server
    V. Quick Classes Breakdown
    VI. Picking Professions
    VII. Addons / Mods
    VIII. Credits

I. Why You should get Elite

Glider Elite puts numerous features at your fingertips:
    Background gliding, allowing you to use your PC for other things while gliding.

Instant plug-in classes and class customization for combat behavior.

Scripting behavior to customize Glider at key events, such as startup, hearth, profile loop, and others.

Automatic login at startup and future handling to allow re-logging if disconnected and scheduled re-logging.

All of these can help aid your killing rate. Your killing rate is a direct correlation to how much gold you make, because if you don't kill the mobs, you don't get the loot.

II. Settings for Glider

NOTE: I DO NOT USE SAFE SETTINGS FOR GLIDER! I USE WHAT WORKS WELL AND ALLOWS ME TO GLIDE FOR ELONGATED PERIODS OF TIME.

Logout Timers:

Alert: 3000 minutes
    Logout: 5000
    Pop Up Windows: 2000

I also disable all of the checkboxes on the side besides netcheck and tripwire.

Also, I change the bad tag limit, which is how many times someone gets the aggro of the mob that glider is attacking, before it logs you out. To change this you must go into glider.config.xml which is in your glider folder. The option is, or close to <badtaglimit></badtaglimit> I change it from a 3, to a 30.

Most other settings are up to your discretion to what you want to do, and remember, I'm not telling you to use these, I'm just saying what I use to get the most gliding time out of each glide.

Custom Classes:

This is mostly up to your own personal preference. If you like the default class, than feel free to use it, but if you're finding out that you'd like more customization, than may I suggest using one of djragect's numerous "Uber" classes.

Glider Forums

I know for a fact that most of them work extremely well, and will preach for them all. Major props to djragect for being a great member and helper of glider.

The customization that custom classes is great because you can set up your glides according to your spec, not the spec that works best default classes.

IV. Picking A Server

Depends on what you want and where your friends are. I'll give a breakdown of the two major types PvE and PvP

PvE: Great for gliding, you really can't stop if you're in a good spot. There aren't any opposite factions to kill you, which means less interuptions while gliding, because all of us gliders have probably had that glide that we went 2/2/10 because some douchebag decided it would be fun to camp someone.

PvP: Really depends where you glide, in populated areas during peak times, you gonna get raped. So if you glide here stick to areas that people don't usually go to, to quest and whatnot.

V. Picking a Class

Classes that Glide Well (without custom classes)

Warlock
    Hunter
    Priest

Classes that are buggy, but are capable of gliding okay:

Rogue
    Mage
    Shaman
    Druid

Classes that are hopeless for the most part when it comes to default classes:

Paladin
    Warrior

VI. Picking Professions

To be honest, I usually forget to get a profession, and as a result I am hurting when it comes to gold in the later levels. I'm going to categorize the professions (gathering) from easiest and most profitable to use with glider, to the hardest and least profitable.

Skinning: The holy grail of glider's money making capabilities. When I did pick up skinning on my toons, I remember many a time when I would dominate the servers leather economy for weeks on end.

Herbalism: Very nice to have, just remember to set up glider to pick up trash in the config menu, and if you want to get as many herbs as possible, set it to 50 yards.

Tailoring: (could be considered a gathering profession, even though its not necessary to have to get cloth.) Its as simple as, glide on humanoids, get cloth, turn cloth into goods, and sell / DE the goods.

Mining: Really not that fun to do. Seeing as many of the mining nodes are stuck up in hills and mountains and such, glider gets stuck a lot and can't really mine too well. If you can find a zone where all of the nodes are easily accessible, more power to you.

VII. Addons / Mods

Lootfilter: Loot Filter | World of Warcraft @ Curse

Does exactly what the name says, filters your loot by parameters that you set in the menu. What I usually do is set white and gray items to be deleted and use this list found here:Glider Forums

Bottomless Bag: BottomlessBag | World of Warcraft @ Curse

Does everything, auto sells and repairs, according to the parameters that you set on the in game interface. Also auto deletes thing in your inventory by value, just make sure to put things that you don't want deleted on your keep lists. Needs Auctioneer to work. If you have any questions, post them in Boredbottings topic here, he is the creator of bbag as well: Glider Forums

Auctioneer: Auctioneer | World of Warcraft @ Curse

Needed by a lot of addons to get them to work, plus its a nice addon to help you make money in the auction house.

VIII. Credits

Mercury - For making Glider
    Djragect - For creating such great custom classes
    Boredbotting - For creating such a great addon
    Naxi - For Compiling a good list of items for lootfilter to keep

Thank you for reading this guide!!!

CRITICAL NOTE: IF I EVER SEE THIS GUICDE ANYWHERE BUT ON MMOWNED, WITHOUT CREDIT TO ME, I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE, AND KILL YOUR FAMILY, GRIND THEM INTO CHILI, AND FORCE YOU TO EAT IT!!!! mMMMMMM MR AND MRS TENORMAN CHILI, DELICIOUS!!!!

[Guide] Making The Most Gold With Glider
    jjaa's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Guide] Making The Most Gold With Glider

Interesting..... But Openbot is still better then Glider, and now since elite came in they cost about the same amount, so i am not gonna go back to glider.

urewin:
    Last edited by jjaa; 11-13-2007 at 02:33 AM.

Kalkran's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classes that are hopeless for the most part when it comes to default classes:

Paladin
    Not true. I've glided my paladin to exalted with Mag'har in a day. About 2k kills no deaths. Rest values around 40 / 40.
    You just need to check the keys.xml how to set up your keys.
    (Oh, and remove the Shiftstate='alt' from the CrusaderStrike)

I really don't understand people that can't glide paladins.. Gliding was faster on my pally then on my hunter..

TheDipper's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, warriors work perfectly fine.