Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farm XP, no reduction for quest mechanics Val'Sharah

Hey guys,

This is my first contribution. So this is just an XP farm. Usually with these kill-quests involving using quest mechanics you get an XP reduction (see Highmountain Eagle quest) or once the quest goal is made, loose the mechanic.

Not so currently in Moonrest. The quest is the one after Malfurion is overcome with rage and Ysera takes you to Moonrest to kill a mob. The ability is Ysera's Blessing and it's a GTAOE effect which you're supposed to take out 50 of the tainted plants in the area. Ysera's Wrath kills them in one hit, but you get xp for every hit, same as your would for a normal kill, not reduced. So I just plop down my guild banner to increase it a little bit and go crazy in the area. once you hit 50, it still works. Haven't tried grouping with someone to cover more area, but I bet it would give you more XP and double your output.

This isn't HUGE xp, but it's the equivalent of farming mobs at your level, 5-10 at a time and one-shotting them, so I'm getting about a bubble every 5 minutes.

Step by step:

• Do the main quest-line for Val'Sharah until you find yourself riding Ysera the Dragon (shouldn't be hard to miss people) and ending up in Moonrest.

• Kill stuff using Ysera's Wrath ability and just keep doing it. Don't proceed on to the cave to kill Lyrathos, rather than kill Lyrathos Darkgrove, keep GTAOEing the crap out of everything, semi-AFK. If you're feeling industrious you can bot this over and over and over. Personally, I'm not botting, just watching a movie while I mindlessly run around a click. Note though Lyrathos' constant rambling will drive you nuts. Mute your sound in settings.

• Lyrathos also continues to spawn more and more things for you to kill, plus the refresh on the mobs is really fast. I can usually get 4-7 of them in GTAOE every time I hit it. At level 105, I'm getting 154 xp per kill with my guild banner out. 130-something without.

Once again, this isn't HUGE, but it's fairly obvious doing this shouldn't grant full xp and it's an easy farm to get about a level an hour. I might just finish Val'Sharah last and come to this zone when I want to watch a movie just to farm up xp.

Farm XP, no reduction for quest mechanics Val'Sharah