Thanks G/R
    1071/789
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A cool way to abuse Blizzards old raid scaling to level quick.

Forgive me if this is a re-post but I searched google and owned core for some key words and nothing came up but I wouldn't be surprised if I messed up.

Okay so you know how Blizzard made it so if you go into old raids you just like 1 shot everything? Well you can abuse this by specific queuing heroics of the previous expansion when you are 1-3 levels higher than them.

For example. Heroic Blood Furnace is intended for level 70s during BC to gear up for raids. It is a heroic therefore it has Blizzards new scaling applied to it. So if you specific queue for Heroic Blood Furnace at level 71....you do INSANE damage.

https://i.imgur.com/6DObnK3.png Here is a screenshot that shows the difference between a level 70 and a level 71 in the same heroic. At first I was like how are they doing so much damage, literally one hitting trash and three hitting bosses. But than I realized they were all 71-73.

The downside is you have to specific queue so you cant do this forever.

The upside is the new dungeon system nurfs your final EXP gained after completion by a ton after you do a dungeon like 3 times so after that triggers you can do these heroics to skip those dreaded low level dungeons you end up having to repeat over and over once you hit a new expansion dungeon bracket.

Basically IDK if this is an "exploit" but I am doing it right now and its amazing exp for the time you spend in here. So I just figured ide make a guide.

A cool way to abuse Blizzards old raid scaling to level quick.
    verte's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently have been boosting my multiboxes with my main account, my setup is ; 1 x level 100 boosts 5 x level 30+ . I have been farming Ruby Sanctum 25 man(heroic), I get %50(level) exp per run for each character. Unfortunately i can do 10 x Run per 30 mins that blocks me for another 30 mins so i'm looking for another way(perhaps faster) to level.

I haven't heard about new dungeon system, Are you saying that when we kill trash mobs in a dungeon more than 3 times(after resetting 3 times), The xp that one mob gives drop ?

Sorry for my English, i couldn't understand what you are doing Would you elaborate this please ? I'm eager to learn new methods about leveling low levels.

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1071/789
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by verte View Post
    I recently have been boosting my multiboxes with my main account, my setup is ; 1 x level 100 boosts 5 x level 30+ . I have been farming Ruby Sanctum 25 man(heroic), I get %50(level) exp per run for each character. Unfortunately i can do 10 x Run per 30 mins that blocks me for another 30 mins so i'm looking for another way(perhaps faster) to level.

I haven't heard about new dungeon system, Are you saying that when we kill trash mobs in a dungeon more than 3 times(after resetting 3 times), The xp that one mob gives drop ?

Sorry for my English, i couldn't understand what you are doing Would you elaborate this please ? I'm eager to learn new methods about leveling low levels.
    What I am saying is if you do Blood Furnace normal 3 times in a row the end of the dungeon bonus EXP will be cut in half. So basically lets say you are doing Blood Furnace and you finish the dungeon so you get an example of 50k experience for completion of the dungeon. Now on the third run you will only get 25k because they made it so the exp diminishes after you run the same instance too much. So what happened to me was exactly this and I was like **** this I am just going to queue heroic blood furnace instead so I dont get jipped on the completion exp and that is how I found out about my little "guide".

b0nza1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kennetth View Post
    What I am saying is if you do Blood Furnace normal 3 times in a row the end of the dungeon bonus EXP will be cut in half. So basically lets say you are doing Blood Furnace and you finish the dungeon so you get an example of 50k experience for completion of the dungeon. Now on the third run you will only get 25k because they made it so the exp diminishes after you run the same instance too much. So what happened to me was exactly this and I was like **** this I am just going to queue heroic blood furnace instead so I dont get jipped on the completion exp and that is how I found out about my little "guide".
    So basically:
    1. Do dungeon on normal 2 times (because the 3rd is half exp).
    2. Switch to heroic on 3rd+ run.
    3. Profit

Right? When you're queuing back up on the 3rd run (step #2), are you able to queue up in heroic as a level 71 (for example)? Also, when it's heroic, are you able to keep running the dungeon as many times as you want?

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1071/789
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by b0nza1 View Post
    So basically:
    1. Do dungeon on normal 2 times (because the 3rd is half exp).
    2. Switch to heroic on 3rd+ run.
    3. Profit

Right? When you're queuing back up on the 3rd run (step #2), are you able to queue up in heroic as a level 71 (for example)? Also, when it's heroic, are you able to keep running the dungeon as many times as you want?
    ya but my guide is more pointing toward the fact that if you are level 71 in a level 70 heroic you do INSANE dmg cuz of the scaling.

Briggston's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting. I tested this today and can confirm that it works all the way to level 75. However the pr mob xp drops to something like 40 pr mob when you get that high level. The dungeon completion bonus of something like 50k still makes it a very quick way to get through these levels.

paxpain's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by verte View Post

10 runs in 30m at 50% a level per run? So you're saying 5 levels in 30 minute?