The Ultimate Gold Guide REVISITED.  How To Sell Your Drops For Insane Prices menu

User Tag List

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    batok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im still trying to find places to farm D: so if you have any tips please let me know ive gotten a small stock so far though

The Ultimate Gold Guide REVISITED.  How To Sell Your Drops For Insane Prices
    Diboe's Avatar Active Member
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    30/39
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @batok

What are your farming spots at the moment?
    Dont want to list spots you already know.

hideyokidz's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xjsnowx View Post
    Here’s the settings: (Copy what in quotation marks into the specified fields)

Minimum Price: 30% DBGlobalMarketMedian
    Normal Price: 100% DBGlobalMarketMedian
    Maximum Price: 150% DBGlobalMarketMedian
    When Below Minimum: “Post At Minimum Price”
    When Above Maximum: “Post For Maximum Price”
    I got a question here. I get most of the above that you set global median price 100% etc.. also when undercut on that you'll take minimum price or when overpriced you'll set it to 150%.

Also you say that it won't post item in some cases. That's when the price is 30% under global median price I presume?
    But it also states 'When Below Minimum: “Post At Minimum Price'

Doesn't it set the price to 30% under global price instead of not posting it? Or how does this work?

Also is there something that I can edit so it ignores the last part of an item's name? For example shattered legplates | of the bear.. (so it automatically removes the last part)

I'm completely new to TSM but this is an awesome guide btw!

Diboe's Avatar Active Member
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    30/39
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hideyokidz View Post
    I got a question here. I get most of the above that you set global median price 100% etc.. also when undercut on that you'll take minimum price or when overpriced you'll set it to 150%.

Also you say that it won't post item in some cases. That's when the price is 30% under global median price I presume?
    But it also states 'When Below Minimum: “Post At Minimum Price'

Doesn't it set the price to 30% under global price instead of not posting it? Or how does this work?

Also is there something that I can edit so it ignores the last part of an item's name? For example shattered legplates | of the bear.. (so it automatically removes the last part)

I'm completely new to TSM but this is an awesome guide btw!
    Theres somewhere in Operations or Groups a little checkbox where you can say "Ignore item suffix" or something similar.
    If you check this box, every item you add to a group will be known, no matter what suffix that item has.

For Example :
    If you add Shattered Legplates of the Bear to an TSM group while the previous mentioned box is checked, it will only add "Shattered Legplates" to the list,
    so that every possible suffix is covered.

As for the minimum price part..it just doesnt post the auction when theres already an auction up with a buyout below your minimum price.

edit: I am @ work at the moment. When I am back home I could provide a screenshot if its still necessary

hideyokidz's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Diboe View Post
    Theres somewhere in Operations or Groups a little checkbox where you can say "Ignore item suffix" or something similar.
    If you check this box, every item you add to a group will be known, no matter what suffix that item has.

For Example :
    If you add Shattered Legplates of the Bear to an TSM group while the previous mentioned box is checked, it will only add "Shattered Legplates" to the list,
    so that every possible suffix is covered.

As for the minimum price part..it just doesnt post the auction when theres already an auction up with a buyout below your minimum price.

edit: I am @ work at the moment. When I am back home I could provide a screenshot if its still necessary
    No screen needed, that info will most certainly do! I get it now, great thanks!

batok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Diboe View Post
    @batok

What are your farming spots at the moment?
    Dont want to list spots you already know.
    AQ 20, stratholme, Zul'farak, and some cave in thousand needles. I know of the BWL farm too but i don't have a class who can do it

inseedious's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a medium/long time user of transmog market (mostly flipping, less farming), I just wanna add my 2 cents, still considering that this is an introductive guide, mostly for newbies, so I know you ignored some more advanced stuff:
    - global median value can be inaccurate if you don't 100% farm, because there are some very rare items that have median price < market price (avg ofc), and then selling an item at 30% median value can lead you to sell an item at a cheaper price than the one you bought it at. Buying a 100k item at 40k is a great deal, but if its median value is 90k you can end up selling it at 27k if you follow your automated system. IMHO, a better min price would be 50% max(DBGlobalMarketMedian, DBGlobalMarketAvg), pretty much safer.
    - you wrongly wrote "Keep Quantity: 1 (Leave as it)", while you set it on 0 in your image (that can make someone unable to post items).

By the way, great job, it required a lot of time for sure, gave you rep.

jswow's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i try to post i have about 50 items it says for just 1 item/group is invalid and it does nothing else. I followed this guide to the T

cjdyujdudy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to contrib rank!

Verum's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I have followed all the steps but for some reason nothings showing up when i press post scan.
    please help

Thanks , Verum

roblmich's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also getting the "Did not post item because your minimum price 30% DBGlobalMarketMedian is invalid. Check your settings.

My greens post fine but I can't post any cloth that I farm. Why is this?

Edit: Okay for some reason I got it to work, I relogged to my bank to check I could still post greens with this, but it's undercutting by like, 20 gold. for my cloth.

Edit: I figured out what it is doing. It is undercutting every piece of cloth for 1g in a stack instead of undercutting the entire stack as a whole for 1g. How do I fix it to not do this? i.e. I need a stack of 20 Embersilk Cloth to undercut someone else's stack of 20 Embersilk by 1g, instead of having to set it to 1c and undercutting by 20c. Which isn't that bad but not what I want.
    Last edited by roblmich; 10-03-2014 at 11:59 PM.

thepieisonfire's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I fix update it for 6.0

YellowCake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Global Median Market Value is out of TSM and doesnt work anymore,switch to other sources or use WoWuctionRegionMedian

-Saphyro-'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have switched mine to "DBGlobalMarketAvg" for now, which is working fine and displaying very similar prices to the old one.

batok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cant get it to work in 6.0 :/

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast