The Ultimate Gold Guide REVISITED.  How To Sell Your Drops For Insane Prices menu

User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    b4ggs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! Thanks for the guide! Gonna try it out after I've fixed my addons.

I have a problem though - I created a group as you explained in the guide and installed the TSM desktop app.This is what I get, even though I did set up realms on their page:
    [20-09-2014 21:23:05] Latest News: Welcome to the new TradeSkillMaster Desktop Application!
    [20-09-2014 21:23:05] You have no realms setup with AuctionDB and/or WoWuction data.
    [20-09-2014 21:31:05] ERROR: You need to update your TSM_WoWuction addon!
    [20-09-2014 21:31:06] Updated Shopping for Twisting Nether-Horde.
    [20-09-2014 21:31:06] Updated AuctionDB for Twisting Nether-Horde.

Also in addition to that; when I try to "Start Post Scan", the addons tells me that "Item/Group is invalid"

Hope you can help with this so I can get going! :-)

The Ultimate Gold Guide REVISITED.  How To Sell Your Drops For Insane Prices
    xjsnowx's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stevesgamebox View Post
    Glad it's working. Nice profits.

<3 Btw.. sells are much lower than normal for me as well.. This is the temporary calm before the WOD storm. There are much more profits in the future upcoming months.

Today 9/20 went 500g+ negative in posting costs with only 60g in sales. Should I wait till 6.0?

stevesgamebox's Avatar Site Donator The AH Newbie Success Guy
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as of right now. The market is really at an all time low. Making it the perfect itme to start flipping trade goods and just holding on to your BOE's if necessary. My advice is to tty this out on your server and see how well it works.

And the alot will NEVER run temporary dry. Since only a very small percent of auctions will sell at a time. Remember, these items are not in HIGH demand, especially since we're in the no mans land phase of the MOP economy.

So don;t worry about running out of things to sell. That will never happen. ... Unless you come to moongaurd with me that is

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by b4ggs View Post

I have a problem though - I created a group as you explained in the guide and installed the TSM desktop app.This is what I get, even though I did set up realms on their page:
    [20-09-2014 21:23:05] Latest News: Welcome to the new TradeSkillMaster Desktop Application!
    [20-09-2014 21:23:05] You have no realms setup with AuctionDB and/or WoWuction data.

Also in addition to that; when I try to "Start Post Scan", the addons tells me that "Item/Group is invalid"

You are getting this error because you haven't properly set up your realms in the TSM app. On the TSM app click "setup realms". On that page, you'll see a checkbox that reads auctionDB, above the checkbox you already have checked for twisting nether. Revisit that page and see if you checked it.

It should work after that.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xjsnowx View Post
    Today 9/20 went 500g+ negative in posting costs with only 60g in sales. Should I wait till 6.0?
    Hi

Could mean a couple of things:

1) Your stock is dead consider farming different spots
    2) Your server isn't very kind with the transmog / farming market (Even I can admit that you can't pull this off for EVERY server. some servers just avoid transmogs / BOE markets like tanks avoid fire)
    3) It was just a terrible bad day on the AH (I've had many) Consider the times you are posting at, and also you can reduce your posting fees by getting rid of weapons and such.

It seems you've had some minor success in the past. Which farms we're you attending then? Maybe you can hit those harder and experiment with some new ones?

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cloud13 View Post
    I'm running this setup on a fairly low pop server and my results aren't quite as good as others have posted. The items are still selling but I can go a day or two without anything being sold.

I mostly like this guide for the TSM tutorial that I've applied to other items that are selling better than the greens on my particular server.
    Understood. Again, some servers are actually a barren zone for this strategy. And in my findings I can't pin-point exactly what it is about some servers that make it so..

I guess it's all about the player ideals of course.

(It has nothing to do with server type btw, so thats out of question)

What I have found is that RP (which does have to do with server type) make BANK using this alone. Which is why I relocated to Moon-guard pretty recently. It seems I can get away with posting once a week and counting endless profits :P.

If any others are having very low success rates, please list your realm. I'll keep it as a mental note for later.

Alfgard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for the guide, very detailed and what I ave been looking forever. One question : When I try to post some greens it says Item/Group is Invalid. Why is that?

nothankzzz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made about 15k in 5 days of just leaving my greens on the AH on my naked druid alt, the money is there but for anyone looking for a QUICK gold guide, turn away, this guide as everyone can see is an investment, you invest your time in farming the greens and setting TSM up to reap the rewards of only having to spend a few minutes a day on an alt to basically earn a salary.

P.S - Thanks stevegamebox for the guide, first saw it on youtube and then proceeded to thoroughly read it on OC, just a quick tip, It seems that a lot of people are getting stuck on setting up their servers, Can you make a big stand-out text telling people to Double check that Global prices are set up on WoWuction/TSM, took me a while to figure it out and made me feel kinda stupid afterwards especially when it only takes 5 mins to set the TSM up when you know what you're doing :P

Nucleara321's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing guide!

Im having an issue with my auctions, say if i post a "Revanant leggings of the bla bla" it puts it at the price set by my wowuction 150% level, but I search on the auction house i see there is another "Revanant leggings of the not bla bla" are in for cheaper because the addon hasnt reconised that they are the same legs..

Sorry if i explained my problem wrong.. hope you can help!

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Could mean a couple of things:

1) Your stock is dead consider farming different spots
    2) Your server isn't very kind with the transmog / farming market (Even I can admit that you can't pull this off for EVERY server. some servers just avoid transmogs / BOE markets like tanks avoid fire)
    3) It was just a terrible bad day on the AH (I've had many) Consider the times you are posting at, and also you can reduce your posting fees by getting rid of weapons and such.

It seems you've had some minor success in the past. Which farms we're you attending then? Maybe you can hit those harder and experiment with some new ones?
    To answer those

1) I don't think it is i haven't farmed much

2) Im on the #4 or 5 most populated sever so ya this kills my selling big time and the amount of/pricing of undercuts can be insane at times. I know I already have 4-5 hardcore competition, but i don't do resale. I see a lot of "tmogged" people while running back and forth to the bank but of course that can easily mean they're done with thier set

3) Good idea on weapons but I like to hold on to them. I am thinking about just selling mop weapons and any super ugly weapons to the vendor but I tend to forget which items I keep reposting.

My best spot seem's to be the lv 40-50 zones. Undead part of strath stock almost sells within 2 days but i don't want to over farm hit. My top sellers are usually BC drops farming mobs outside not actual instances(I haven't been doing this as the drop rates seemed to have been slightly nerfed without warning but I'll end up checking again). I don't do the resell market. i do have it set up to get quick items but on a super populated sever it's to much of a pain time wise and is more fun to get the drops off mobs imo.

P.S The guide is still working as it should it's just until 6.0 most people aren't resubbing in my case and/or already have they're tmog set.
    Last edited by xjsnowx; 09-21-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nucleara321 View Post
    Amazing guide!

Im having an issue with my auctions, say if i post a "Revanant leggings of the bla bla" it puts it at the price set by my wowuction 150% level, but I search on the auction house i see there is another "Revanant leggings of the not bla bla" are in for cheaper because the addon hasnt reconised that they are the same legs..

Sorry if i explained my problem wrong.. hope you can help!
    Good question, I used to know the answer myself but forgot over time :/ . But I'm sure someone who knows(if not steve) will drop in and let you know

thehennyy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click that, then click the tab called items. Ill show it to ya in this small screenie. Now a huge smorgasbord of items will pop up. These are the items in your inventory. Click all the greens / farm drops you want to sell in the auction house and click add.

Your done.

After you add your items to the group, mail to a bank alt. It will make retrieving the items easier for the next step.

Quick tip: Check the box “Ignore random enchants on ungrouped items” You’ll thank me later.
    last sentence

nice guide btw, i filled my stock up to about 1200 auctions and i was able to buy a spectral tiger after 6 weeks,
    Last edited by thehennyy; 09-21-2014 at 10:23 PM.

starrsailor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

item/group Invalid.

Originally Posted by b4ggs View Post

Hello! I spent a few hours earlier today with the exact same problem, I even did a manual full scan, checked my TSM page to see if I missed any check boxes (which I did mind you, but it still didn't fix the problem) and remade my auction profiles in case I missed something - however my log was telling me on TSM that I needed to update WoWuction! But I thought, why? I dont even have it. Unfortunately the original poster hadn't put it in his addon list. Whether or not this was intentional it fixed my problem easily by just downloading here: WoWuction. I hope this fixed your problem and I hope not to offend

Good luck!!

Edit: I also have a question. Do you sell BOE green necks and rings? I was thinking it would be more profitable to disenchant them. Do you also sell weapons? (Also fixed spelling errors.. new keyboard!)
    Last edited by starrsailor; 09-23-2014 at 03:25 AM.

Andreas Olsen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, i am having the samething, i have tryed to get it working for 3 days now, the same problem everytime!

Andreas Olsen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy fix . Alright to double check if everything is installed correctly, type "/tsm sources". A list of all types of crazy sources should pop up. If that displays "DBglobalMarketMedian" all if working fine up to this point.

Which is good. I've also had this problem recently (with the same value). What I had to do was double check, that there are no spaces before I entered (30% DBGlobalMarketMedian). Since something as simple as that is able to throw it off.
    hey, i am having the samething, i have tryed to get it working for 3 days now, the same problem everytime!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast