Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insane Green Farming (Cata) [MoP Profits]

Hello Ownecore Guide Section!

My name is Jordan, I go around by Sophistical [IG] // Anyway, this isn't about me, this is about you and your wants to farm greens to resell.
    I have found a dungeon which drops a abnormally HUGE amount of Greens.

--------------------
    Grim Batol
    ----------------
    A Cataclysm dungeon, fine tuned for many players who dare to venture into it's depths. With a similar resemblance to Blackrock Caverns (Well Durr)
    The thing is, not many players know about this. You farm Black temple, you farm Pre-TBC dungeons & raids... All you need to farm is this dungeon.
    On a average run you can expect 10-19 Greens... Maybe about 30% more than other dungeons at the same level (*)
    - (*) If you do NOT receive anything close to these amounts < 7 then re-run! You will not always get the same amount of greens, it's just the most profitable place FOR cataclysm greens.

P.S: ALL NOTES // DISCLAIMERS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS GUIDE.

How to get to Grim Batol:

Horde start in Blasted Lands [Horde] // Alliance Start @ Ironforge // You will be flying to Twilight Highlands

I have marked out the general fly path for you to take. Yes, us horde suffer the most here.

This is where it is in Twilight Highlands:

Entrance:

Enough Pictures....

This is a simple cake walk if you are level 90..
    Simply farm the instance as you would with any other, but please note... KILL ALL TRASH... I cannot stress enough that you must kill all trash, as much as possible, do not skip any.... Leave the flying drakes, no need to mount them up and fly them over...

NOTE: Using a Potion of Treasure Finding in the dungeon works too! Increase your profits by (x) amount!
    - Thank you nevodark! ^^
    NOTE 2: You can simply take off your gear and jump off the cliff and ress! Alternate and faster way to run the dungeon! (Thanks to the people who suggested I add this)

What to watch out for:

Twilight Stormbreakers - Dotted around the instance, always accompanied by some other sort of trash. They use a heavy damaged spell that reduces attack speed and your movement.

Edges
    - Yes, Edges... I have done it before and you will probably too, do not fall off. Some bridges are broken half way, with some speed effects you can jump over to speed up the instance farm (But you don't want to do that, do you?)

Twilight Armaster
    - They do a mild cleave attack, you will see what they can do (Not too much, around 10k per hit for 5 seconds) so stay away if you get low.

Overpulls
    - Yes, Indeed. Do not overpull, you will find yourself uncomfortable as if you do not know who to DPS down first you will die within a matter of seconds (550+ ilvl with no knowledge is min) Otherwise, if your 500 and you do know how to pull effectively and mitigate damage // how to react, then by all means, go ahead.

Sanity
    This will be boring, as there is no fast way to port out of the instance. You have to run from the end to the beginning, walk out and reset.
    Farmers Life....

Heroic > Normal
    Always do the Heroic Version first, every little helps...

That's it from me, if there is any information I have missed out please say so...
    This IS my first well written guide, and I wish for any constructive criticism to be handed to me.

------
    Link to reference:
    Stevesgamebox // How to sell your items effectively -->
    # http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...e-profits.html (The Ultimate Farming Gold Guide: Auctioning Your Farming Drops For Insane Profits!)

NOTES/DISCLAIMERS:
    • Yes, some people do already know about this instance in particular, no need to say so.
    • No, you cannot do heroic more than once a day (durr)
    • It has a average drop rate of 8+ Greens per run, an average cataclysm run gives you 5-7 (My Highest = 14)

Yours,
    Sophistical
    Last edited by Sophistical; 10-13-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Added Thread Link <SGB>

Insane Green Farming (Cata) [MoP Profits]
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Great job! I built a profile for this months ago for honorbuddy. Great way to make 3-4k/hr +rep
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

Sophistical's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    Great job! I built a profile for this months ago for honorbuddy. Great way to make 3-4k/hr +rep
    Thank's a lot! If you PM me a link I could add it to the guide with full credits to you at the bottom with a notification at the top (If it is indeed that easy!)

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently use This profile set for farming GB, its pretty good and has a small / large pull mode.

Good guide for those who dont know though! :P

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nevodark View Post
    I currently use This profile set for farming GB, its pretty good and has a small / large pull mode.

Good guide for those who dont know though! :P
    The whole reason for me putting it together! Those that do know, and those that don't.
    Throwin' it all out there

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useing a potion of treasure finding massively boosts profits too in there btw :P

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nevodark View Post
    Useing a potion of treasure finding massively boosts profits too in there btw :P
    Added it into the thread under the procedure tab, just before the what to look out for.
    Thanks for informing me!

druss1981's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a means of repairing (Jeeves etc) I find in much easier just jumping off and killing myself after each run, the time saved equals at least 1 extra run per hour which more than covers repair costs

Flashspam's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the guide, very helpful

hans6's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx but no one buy the green in my server

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hans6 View Post
    Thx but no one buy the green in my server
    Low pop servers will have trouble selling the greens that you have acquired. But selling on low pop servers & helping you out with auctions isn't my speciality.
    Normally you would farm this on medium-high population servers for faster sales, but if it's on a low population server you could make more gold out of it because items will be rarer to be seen on the auction house.

Click the link in my thread linking to stevesgamebox auction house gold making guide, will help you out in some points and give you some tips and information.
    Thanks for the feedback so far!

bbucropleyb's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built a profile for this months ago for honorbuddy.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bbucropleyb View Post
    I built a profile for this months ago for honorbuddy.
    I understand that some people have created various profiles for this instance. I posted this so that the people who do not know about this spot and it's huge amount of greens will now know about it and proceed to make the most out of there time farming useless greens in other instances.
    Please don't post something that provides nothing useful towards the topic! Sniffingpickles has already told me he hasa profile, and I understand that you do too.
    No hate! <3

wanna993's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guide although it should mention a few things.

This spot is only good for very fast cloth farming.
    Each run gives around 150-175 cloth (with potion), takes around 10m for a 500ilvl blood dk.
    The green are almost useless. Only idiots will buy 81-84 cata greens. Don't know what server you play on, but on my high pop they don't sell.
    mop blues, mop 83-84 are much better. It's better to d-e the greens and sell the hypnotic dust which sells for 15g/ea on average.

A tip is pull all the trash until you get to the corridor to the last boss, kill everything then if you have bag space, put your gear in your bag (just save a naked set for quick swap), jump down to your death and fly back in, saves 5m easily.

SquiDrunkWar's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found it faster to start from undercity on the horde side than blasted lands but that's just me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast