Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super fast valor capping

Hello everyone !

This guide is intended to gives you a way to valor cap in 1 or 2 minutes, and requires a little preparation during the week before. This way is really interesting for people like me who have a shitload of alts and need to get the valor buff (+50% valor gain, account wide) as soon as possible every week.

What do you need:
    - 2 characters (1 with the valor buff from the past week)
    - character A, which is the one you need the buff on and will be the gatherer on the timeless island
    - character B, which is the one you will use to bug keep the valor buff through the reset day
    - 15000 timeless coin (12000 is ok but you'll need to do 100 valor) and 50 epoch stones on character A,

How do you do:
    - step 1: log out on the island with character A, and make sure you have your stones and coins in
    - step 2: log on for the last time of the week (monday night for US, tuesday night for EU) with character B, and make sure you have the valor buff for next week. Using Alt F4 seems to give you a guaranteed buff.
    - step 3: log on with char A for the first time the new week, and complete Empowering the Hourglass and buy 5 deeds of valor
    - step 4: you have the buff ! and it will last through logging out this time

* step 3.5: you also can gather only 12k coins, complete the daily (killing 20 elite) which profide 50-75 valor and rush a heroic donjon or 3 classic dailies. 12k coins is allready pretty long to collect (and boring) so despite it's a little bit longer on reset day it's shorten the preparation.

TL,DR: use the new valor tokens on timeless island with the old valor buff bug to get zuper fast valor cap.

I hope my english is understandable, feel free to leave a comment for correcting or if you have any question about this. Cheers !
    Last edited by ^oximo^; 05-28-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Super fast valor capping
    Zizzzzy's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alt-F4 on Monday night

Log in on a toon with at least 21k coins and buy 7 valor tokens. Rotate which alt you use each week to stretch out your timeless coins.

You can do the Weekly and Daily to offset the number of coins needed to cap, though it defeats the point of Speed capping to retain the valor buff and allow free alt hopping.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and very useful +rep

^oximo^'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion View Post
    the Heart of the Valorous buff which will increase the rate of Valor Point gains an additional 100%
    Boooooooomm ! That's a really nice upgrade, you only have to gather 15000 coins now (or 9000 + the weekly).
    Last edited by ^oximo^; 05-30-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Zizzzzy's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Both buffs, the Weekly will give you 500vp +1000 coins, the Daily will give you 150vp + 1000 coins, doing both should net at least 1000 coins from mob drops to complete the 3000 needed for a valor token, which will give 250vp.

This leaves you at 900vp

Turn in another 3000 coins for a Valor token, or do your daily H Scen. Done

So if you are doing the quests, you only need 3k banked to cap after turn ins. If you are doing no quests, you only need 12k coins.

Bippy's Avatar I'm Back Baby Laykith's Master CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool, kinda known, but this is great for those who are unaware of the recent valor changes and such. +2 Rep to OP
    Last edited by Bippy; 05-30-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zizzzzy View Post
    With Both buffs, the Weekly will give you 500vp +1000 coins, the Daily will give you 150vp + 1000 coins, doing both should net at least 1000 coins from mob drops to complete the 3000 needed for a valor token, which will give 250vp.

This leaves you at 900vp

Turn in another 3000 coins for a Valor token, or do your daily H Scen. Done

So if you are doing the quests, you only need 3k banked to cap after turn ins. If you are doing no quests, you only need 12k coins.
    Yeah you're totally right, I didn't notice the old buff was still present. This buff is temporary tho, kinda weird from Blizzard but it will only last this week and the next one.

Zizzzzy's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ^oximo^ View Post
    Yeah you're totally right, I didn't notice the old buff was still present. This buff is temporary tho, kinda weird from Blizzard but it will only last this week and the next one.
    My theory is that this temp buff is to try and keep people spending time on alts capping valor instead of playing Wildstar :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes of course , I know they're trying to catch as much attention as possible with candies (heartsteed, blizzstore mounts, etc..), but there is absolutely no chance they won't loose ton of subs if there is no new content until christmas...

I'm still wondering why this buff will only last 2 weeks instead of being permanent.

Chris9714's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, good guide!

stevesgamebox's Avatar Site Donator The AH Newbie Success Guy
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zizzzzy View Post
    My theory is that this temp buff is to try and keep people spending time on alts capping valor instead of playing Wildstar :P

I hear that. Exactly what I was thinking.

But it's working though. Im getting my brewmaster the full set. =).

What will they think of next...