0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4

So, I've seen a lot of guides around but none are really that up to date. So I figured I'd make my own.

First off, what is this? Insane in the membrane is an achievement which people farm out to obtain the title "the Insane". It involves obtaining certain reputations which are very time consuming to achieve.

The Reputations we will be grinding will be:

Bloodsail Buccaneers
    Ravenholdt
    Darkmoon Faire
    Booty Bay
    Everlook
    Gadgetzan
    Ratchet

So now you are thinking "wow all these reputations, where should I start?" Don't worry, I have a plan

First we will start with Bloodsail Buccaneers

Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4-bloodsail-jpg
    The target we are aiming for here is Honored. There is no need to go any farther unless you are farming exalted reputations.
    A note on this reputation involving Steamwheedle Cartel. Originally you had to be exalted with Steamwheedle and honored with Bloodsail at the same time. More recently some say that this isn't the case, and may have been a bug at a certain point in time. As there hasn't been much response on this subject, to save a load of heart ache I would recommend keeping your Bloodsail reputation at honored during the achievement progress.

Now then, there are two ways we can go about this one. The first will be to find a couple friends, tank and a healer and farm the guards in Booty Bay. Since cataclysm these guards have had a major boost in stats and cannot be killed by conventional weapons.

The second way (which is boring I know) is to farm a single mob in Arathi Highlands. In the Arathi Highlands there is a place which you can see on your map below Stromgarde Keep named Faldir's Cove. In the old days you would have to swim there but now there is a path, and also you can fly now.
    Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4-arathimap2-jpg

The guy we will be killing mostly is Shakes O'Breen, he has an extremely fast respawn rate. The two gnomes in the background of this screenshot will give you slightly more reputation but have a low respawn rate.
    Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4-shakes-jpg
    Bare in mind that this is probably the easiest part of the grind, and next we will move onto Ravenholdt.

Ravenholdt
    Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4-raven-jpg

The first stage of obtaining exalted with Ravenholdt is to kill Syndicate mobs. These can be found in Arathi Highlands at Northfold Manor and Stromgarde Keep.
    Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4-arathimap1-jpg

For me I found it best to do laps around both areas to allow respawns, as you catch up really quickly. I would start at Stromgarde and go through the bottom level first. After those mobs mount up, fly over the wall to the top level, kill the mobs there, check in the houses. Follow along into the Keep and kill the guys in there. The named npcs don't reward reputation and if a lowbie is questing there I tend to not kill them if I can help it.

After clearing the keep, mount up again and fly over to Northfold Manor. Most of the mobs are in stealth, but can be seen reasonably well by an 85. Go around the farm in a circle and then fly back to Stromgarde, rinse and repeat until you get to 11999/12000 honored.

The next part will involve turning in Heavy Junk Boxes. These have to be Pick Pocketed by a Rogue from mobs usually around the level 50-60 area. The best place to farm these I found was actually in Blackrock Spire. I would stealth in around the first room of UBRS and then head down and pick pocket all of LBRS and on the walk back I could jump down to the ogres and their pockets had respawned. Work my way back up to UBRS again and all those had respawned too. Out of the instance and reset, start again.

If you don't have a rogue, all is not lost, but it will cost you. As I wanted to spend more time grinding my Steamwheedle reputations and less time in BRS I employed the services of a "Dwarf" Rogue (I thought he was a Dwarf, but turns out we are horde and he is Undead). He did a very good service I think 10g per box and I had my reputation up in no time. Its just a case of asking in trade or on the forums really.

You need to have 5 boxes per turn in, and each turn in will reward you with 75 reputation. 82.5 Reputation if you have guild perks. The best way I would recommend to find out how many you need, would be to visit Wowjuju. They have a rep calculator which will tell you how much you need based on perks and racials. All you need to do is insert your name and server and find your reputation, very simple and helpful website.

Now we have that sorted, onto our next reputation.

Darkmoon Faire
    Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4-darkmoon-jpg

Now then, the Darkmoon Faire has become much easier and cheaper to obtain than previously.

Darkmoon Fair will begin on every first Sunday of a month, and end on the next Saturday. So you have a week to do all the daily quests, and profession quests.

The dailys are quite simple really. They reward 250 reputation each, or 275 with perks. A days gain will be 1250 reputation or 1375 with perks. And it will take you roughly 34 days worth of daily gains or 31 with perks. That works out around 5 months.

But 5 months is a long time. Each month you will be given extra quests to do based on what Professions you have, each profession has its own quest which you can obtain at the faire. They are usually quite easy. Also while dungeoning you obtain artifacts which reward a nice amount of reputation. They are as follows:

Mysterious Grimoire
    Monstrous Egg
    Imbued Crystal
    Ornate Weapon
    A Treatise on Strategy
    Soothsayer's Runes
    Adventurer's Journal
    Banner of the Fallen
    Captured Insignia

All of these can be found on the Auction House, but all drop from somewhere. A guide to farming these has been posted on Wowhead by Perculia which can be found here: Darkmoon Despoiler: A Guide to Farming Darkmoon Artifacts - Wowhead News

Now to squeeze in that extra rep. If you aren't fussed about how long it will take, all the above is fine. But if you are really desperate and have no patience at all and a lot of gold doing nothing, then its Darkmoon Cards for you.

Darkmoon cards are collected together to form decks which reward nice trinkets or other things. For an epic deck you will receive 350 rep or 385 with perks, and for a lesser deck you will receive 25 rep or 27.5 with perks.

There are several ways you can go around this. If you have the money to invest I would recommend epic decks, but you will need to find an inscriber. With the epic decks you could possibly make a profit providing people buy your finished trinkets off you. The best way to make these is to buy loads of Cataclysm grade herbs, mill them all up. Turn your Blackfallow ink into Inferno Inks and create loads of Darkmoon Cards of Destruction.

The second way would be to create lesser decks. I found rogues decks to be nice and easy. They require Hunter's Ink to craft, which can be obtained by milling either Bruiseweed, Stranglekelp, Briarthorn, Mageroyal or Swiftthistle.

Epic decks must be turned in at the faire, but lesser decks can be used to summon an NPC from the faire to your location at any time of the month which will allow you to turn them in.

Next on our list...

Steamwheedle Cartel
    Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4-steam-jpg

Instead of listing each goblin faction separate, Its best to do them in one as they tie in with each other.

With this I found the best place was to start in Tanaris. There are two places you can do this in Tanaris, and the best depends on how many people you are with.

If you are alone I recommend the camp behind the Caverns of Time. You can go around it in circles with everything respawning in time for you to get back to each point.

If you have more than two people though, I would reccomend the camp where the fights are going on. This place is ideal to keep you in range of everyone for rep gains. The mobs in the area are on a set respawn, which means there has to be a certain amount of mobs up at one time. So if you are killing everything in sight super fast because there are loads of you at different points of the map, the more respawns you are going to get. I managed to get the last leg of my grind here.

The idea here in Tanaris is to kill until you get your reputation with Gadgetzhan to 11999/12000 Honored.

Once you have reached this, you now need to go to The Barrens. There is a little island here full of mobs which reward Ratchet reputation.

For this part keep watching your Gadgetzhan reputation. The idea here is to get it to exalted while on the island, then return to Tanaris for the rest of the reputation.

The reason here is, each kill for its own faction will stop at a certain point, and you have to max out the reputations with spillover rep. Doing it this way I found to be the least tedious.

Once that's all done, take a step back and congratulate yourself on your new insane title.

Its really simple but the problem is finding the patience to do it.

Websites I recommend in this guide:

WoW Juju and WoW Head (OwnedCore don't allow me to put more url in thread.)

Getting my own title was hard work, but I'd like to thank the people who helped me along the way. You will most likely meet people along the way as others are doing the same, be friendly, group up. Good luck everyone.

Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4
    Alissa's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a repost from here, but it's not "your own" guide either, unless you are the owner of the blog - Angry Space Goat: Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4

Judging from OP's other post, I'd say he wants some rep to start business here.

ScandicGold's Avatar Banned POWER LEVELING MASTER CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    31 (94%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alissa View Post
    it's not a repost from here, but it's not "your own" guide either, unless you are the owner of the blog - angry space goat: Mists of pandaria insane in the membrane guide 5.4

judging from op's other post, i'd say he wants some rep to start business here.
    Busted! OP

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
    It's not a repost from here, but it's not "your own" guide either, unless you are the owner of the blog - Angry Space Goat: Mists Of Pandaria Insane in the Membrane Guide 5.4

Judging from OP's other post, I'd say he wants some rep to start business here.
    If im not wrong, the forum rules allow posting uncredited guides from outside Ownedcore.

Thats not ethic of course, so I will hold my rep for another guide, but its still not forbidden here.

Feel free to correct me, of course!

nicholas06's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this Guide for OwnedCore members who want to do this achievment, and yes according to OwnedCore rules is allowed to post guides from external sites.

Alissa's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it's not forbidden to post guides from external sites, but I think it's just not nice to claim it as your totally own guide when it's clearly not!

nicholas06's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, I see people is reading it.. so this guide is welcome here.

xcrossover25x's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally the dumbest logic that I have ever read.

garfield666's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this guide is to poor to be readed , forum wars after it, are much better

Tronski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nicholas06 View Post
    I posted this Guide for OwnedCore members who want to do this achievment, and yes according to OwnedCore rules is allowed to post guides from external sites.
    Still, you should give credit where credit is due. I use a lot of references to other people's work and contributions, I admit I'm lazy and I credit them very clearly.

As for teh guide itself: it's terribly annoying that it's centered and missing some information, like the cloth alternative for steamwheedle.