Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide to getting gold on a new server (level 55+ req. on any server)

Howdy ownedcore,

I got tired of lurkin the forums, so I am going to bring you guys my method to quickly earning startup gold on a new server. I searched for this method, but I could not find it so apologies if it does exist in the forums somewhere. This method is completely legal and moral, and you will actually earn your gold to boot! If you don't feel a certain sense of pride in actually earning the gold you own, then there are plenty quicker guides for you on the site. With that out of the way, I will also add the disclaimer that the amount of gold you will make is server dependent, however the method should work regardless of the server you reside on.

1. First off you will need to make a DK on the new server. Your goal is to level this DK through the starting zone as quickly as possible. Guides exist for it around, find one you like.

2. To the Blasted Lands! You will be going directly to outland. The intro quests are optional, you may simply start the quest line within the portal which brings you to Thrallmar / Honor Hold or you may do the blasted lands quests leading to the portal. Choice is your's, however I typically opt for outlands immediately as the blasted lands are typically gank city.

3. Quest like there is no tomorrow. The intro quests are designed to net you the gold to train flying early. Do not however buy flying. I will test and get an exact number when my replacement LCD arrives, but if memory serves correctly, in about an hour you can net ~150g.

4. Mail this to the toon you plan to level. ( or your bank alt if you are savvy enough to have one parked at a city while you level *wink*)

5. Wait for sunday/monday and buy a gem. The days leading to weekly resets are when the prices for gems drops dramatically. I will typically buy a Delicate Primordial Ruby or a Brilliant Primordial ruby. If you have anybody that will cut a gem for free the better investment would be to buy an uncut and have it cut, but paying for a cut will typically be a lateral move, if not worse.
    - servers will vary, but typically 50-80g will be low price. Again server dependent so use caution.

6. List this gem Tuesday at 5-10pm server. This is typically when most raiding guilds will be raiding and the market should have higher prices than you purchased. I have made anywhere from 10g profit to 110g profit on a gem. (gotta love the swing on high pop realms)

7. Whilst 4-6 are happening, start leveling, or continue leveling. Pick up gathering professions ASAP. I typically choose mining/herbing because mats from mining are used to level Blacksmithing and Jewlcrafting and the mats from herbing are used to level both alchemy and inscription. Enchanting is also a great choice, but personally I find the mats do not move fast enough for my liking.

8. Auction the materials you have gathered. Typically low level mats sell for high prices.

9. Quest and save. Don't be tempted to buy that shiny green on the ah. You do not need that vanity pet. You still have all the mounts from your account. (at very least your free DK mount) Just save and invest.

10. Wash rinse repeat steps 5-10

11. From here you are on your own. Depending on how well you did you could possibly even have upwards of 1k to use as a platform for whatever your favorite gold method is.

Again I do realize there are plenty of faster ways. I enjoy the feeling I get when I know the gold I use is earned. I realize battle pets and /beg ing can be much faster, but I don't find them to be in the spirit of the game. I am sure I am not alone here either. I hope you guys enjoyed and profited from my guide. Hopefully more are to come!
    Last edited by fitzeronik; 09-28-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Guide to getting gold on a new server (level 55+ req. on any server)
    Snowee's Avatar яєтιяєd єχρℓσιтєя
    Thanks G/R
    72/191
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt buying 2-3 pets from your main server and sell them on your new server a way better way?

Teveel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that makes most sense Snowee but I think the OP was trying to outline a way that doesn't cross his own mental barrier as to how to play the game.

fitzeronik's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Teveel View Post
    Well that makes most sense Snowee but I think the OP was trying to outline a way that doesn't cross his own mental barrier as to how to play the game.
    Percisely. It may or may not be your own play style but there are still a few of us "purists" around who enjoy treating each realm as a separate entity. I know I am not alone in this mindset, but I don't know if anyone on OC shares it. Use it or not I was simply contributing.