The new way farming Motes+Greens+Skyshards!(Still requires Exalted with Golden Lotus) menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Evankeliumi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new way farming Motes+Greens+Skyshards!(Still requires Exalted with Golden Lotus)

EDIT: September 2014. Still pretty decent spot to farm with good geared ranged dps. Just stand in the leaf and tag all the fish.(you need some time to get 4-5 fish to spawn at the same time.) There is also rare spawn mob sometimes. Results for 20min with potion: http://imgur.com/QHn0Y5n

ORIGINAL POST:

FIXED!

Hello OwnedCore! After leeching for a couple of years of this forum I decided to create my first thread.

Well everyone knows that they hot-fixed our lovely Mottled Cow at Vale of Eternal Blossoms. But did you know that the cow left us an replacement?

Like Webbx said before.

Originally Posted by Webbx View Post
    A small comfort; go into the water directly west of the cow. You will see a small pond with a waterfall. Position yourself so that you are in the middle of the pond. Now you can (albeit manually) pull the "Silvery Carps" to you, and they'll respawn faster than the Jade-buff can kill them. Drops all the same items as the cow, its just not afk'able anymore.
    Well there are 5 spawnpoints for fish. First there are only two spawned at the time, but when you kill them fast enough it goes up to 5 at the time. I can usually kill +120 fish per 5min. And loot 10-15 motes every time! So this is sick as hell.

Originally Posted by 1itay1 View Post
    Confirmed to drop skyshard got 1 after about 30 mins farming.
    I can also confirm this. I also managed to loot TWO shards on same loot. (got shot btw)

I think this is one of the best and most easy spot to farm motes and skyshards. Since you only have to tag the mob and the buff does the rest. I prefer using Jade buff than Ox buff because the mobs wont get knockbacked and its easier to loot without swimming around the corpses.

Big thanks to mescalinez for finding the original cow spot and Webbx for new method. http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...s-faction.html (Best way farming skyshards-motes-greens! [REQUIRES EXALTED WITH GOLDEN LOTUS FACTION])

Helpful tips:

Vendors: Mount, Guild Perk, Guild Herald, Guild Bank(Perk and City), Vendor/Repair in the bubble just right side of The Golden Pagoda.

Use Wrath of the Jade Serpent buff, since it's not knockbacking the fish.

Use stopwatch / another clock and loot corpses every 5 minute.

Sory about my bad English.

FIXED!
    Last edited by Evankeliumi; 09-25-2014 at 08:24 PM.

The new way farming Motes+Greens+Skyshards!(Still requires Exalted with Golden Lotus)
    1itay1's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    adding something to this method, as a Druid tank i dont have any range abilities BUT,

You can just target the mob and click on a ability that is on CD and it will do the jade buff on it doesnt matter if the ability doesnt even fire (like FF on CD)

Edit* making it even easier for everyone, just right click on the mob and the jade buff will attack it without the need to hit it or get to melee range.
    Last edited by 1itay1; 10-24-2012 at 04:26 AM.

Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    adding something to this method, as a Druid tank i dont have any range abilities BUT,

You can just target the mob and click on a ability that is on CD and it will do the jade buff on it doesnt matter if the ability doesnt even fire (like FF on CD)

Edit* making it even easier for everyone, just right click on the mob and the jade buff will attack it without the need to hit it or get to melee range.
    Great idea! I just binded my Auto Attack. Instantly aggroing the mob.

1itay1's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 min in the spot, 3 spirits, over 10 greens and kill count of 1/sec

Edit* : Confirmed to drop skyshard got 1 after about 30 mins farming.
    Last edited by 1itay1; 10-24-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Ninjaderp's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And why does it require Exalted with Golden Lotus, exactly?

Hsk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 min in the spot, 3 spirits, over 10 greens and kill count of 1/sec

Edit* : Confirmed to drop skyshard got 1 after about 30 mins farming.
    Extra confirm, 3 shards in 45 minutes.

Ninjaderp's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im nowhere near Exalted with GL and the fishes only dropped sharp fangs for me.

Enrak's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ninjaderp View Post
    And why does it require Exalted with Golden Lotus, exactly?
    At exalted rep, you have access to this quest The Might of Three - Quest - World of Warcraft , and all the zone is phased.
    Phasing = less leechers on the spot (only those who know this tip won't complete the quest)
    the quest offer you this buff Wrath of the Jade Serpent - Spell - World of Warcraft after killing one mogu in VoEB.
    Damage tick between 40 - 120k for me.

You just have to keep the buff and let it kill the fishes.

You can farm theses spots without being exalted, although you won't kill mobs as fast as you do it with the buff.
    Last edited by Enrak; 10-24-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Lomnialoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ****ing love you Evankeliumi!

Thank god I didn't complete the quest because of the nerfed cow!

Just came home from work, farmed here for 15 minutes and got 1 skyshard, about 14 greenies and about 40 motes!

omg. big love from here!

Hsk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be nerfed on my server, only 2 fish there now instead of 4-5.

Maelstrom-eu

Edit: Seems like I'm no longer in my own "phase" seen 2 alliance and 1 horde in vale while flying around, also a daily quest appeared at golden pagoda so it seems it has been nerfed.
    Last edited by Hsk; 10-24-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Torik's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4hour, ~6500 kills => tons of fangs, 2 BoE blue, ~120 green, 8 lockbox, ~90 mote and 0 skyshard...

Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hsk View Post
    Seems like I'm no longer in my own "phase" seen 2 alliance and 1 horde in vale while flying around, also a daily quest appeared at golden pagoda so it seems it has been nerfed.
    First of all. It's not "your" phase. It's a quest phase and all players horde and alliance can be on same phase with you if they have same quest. Not sure about your hotfix but I think you just kill those mobs too slow? Who knows.

Today I have killed like alot of fish. And got +300 motes, 4 shards, tons of boe greens and greys.

You can speed up your tagging by using this kind of macro. This is very useful for shaman example.

/cast Auto Attack
    /cast (instant cast) <- replace

I binded it to mousewheelup button so I dont need keyboard at all when farming.

Hsk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Evankeliumi View Post
    First of all. It's not "your" phase. It's a quest phase and all players horde and alliance can be on same phase with you if they have same quest. Not sure about your hotfix but I think you just kill those mobs too slow? Who knows.

Today I have killed like alot of fish. And got +300 motes, 4 shards, tons of boe greens and greys.

You can speed up your tagging by using this kind of macro. This is very useful for shaman example.

/cast Auto Attack

I binded it to mousewheelup button so I dont need keyboard at all when farming.
    I didn't kill them "too slow", I did this spot for 6+ hours straight and then they stopped spawning more than 2 at a time suddenly. If that's not a fix, I don't know what is.

stealnotkill's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this for about 3 hours yesterday. Got 40+ spirits of harmony 5 skyshards and an epic boe cloak. The only issue is I got a temporary suspension when I logged in today. I don't know if it has happened to anyone else or if my case is special but all I did yesterday was farm motes. I would be careful with this one if it isn't fixed already.

factorXero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be very careful with this method Blizzard is already catching on and I know of 2 people that have gotten a suspension (3 day temp ban) from this within the past hour.
    The reason I say it can only be this is because I know these people personally IRL and they dont use any botting/hacking programs and found out about this method with me sharing it with them.
    So just a warning to you all.
    Edit: Just to add the three of us used the cow exploit but i never used the fish one and i didnt get a ban where as they did so I am pretty sure that it is not linked with the slaughtering of the cows.
    Last edited by factorXero; 10-25-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast