79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling Efficient - A Basic Guide

This is a guide where I will try to explain what you can do to level up most efficiently when it comes to gear, buffs and other misc stuff. This is not step by step leveling guide, but I will you what you can use to level up most efficiently. This does not include RaF.

Items overview:

Heirloom Chests - 10% additional exp from level 1-80.

Heirloom Shoulders
    - 10% additional exp from level 1-80.

Heirloom Ring
    - 5% additional exp from level 1-80.

Heirloom Cloaks
    - 5% additional exp from level 1-85.

Heirloom Helms
    - 10% additional exp from level 1-85.

Heirloom Legs
    - 10% additional exp from level 1-85.

Elixir of Ancient Knowledge - 300% additional exp for one hour. Works from level 1-84. DOES NOT PERSIST THROUGH DEATH.

Heirloom Trinkets - No additional exp, but effects scale with level. From level 1-80

Heirloom Weapons - No additional exp, but scales with level. From level 1-80

Misc BoA Weapons: - Obtained from Archeology and found in various locations in Pandaria.

Misc Boa Armor: - Obtained mainly from Archeology

High iLvl 409 Weapons: - High iLvl BoE's usable at level 80. (This gear is equivilant to level 85 Dragon Soul gear). Hits like a truck.

High iLvl 409-417 Armor: - High Ilvl BoE's usable at level 80. (This gear is equivilant to level 85 Dragon Soul gear).

High iLvl 450 Weapons: - High iLvl BoE's usable at level 85. (This gear is equivilant to level 90 blues.) Hits like a truck.

High iLvl 450 Armor: - High iLvl BoE's usable at level 85. (This gear is equivilant to level 90 blues.)

Note: There are various high iLvl BoE's between 81-84 and 86-89 as well, but I decided not to include that in this guide. (You can use the WoWhead filters for that.)

Misc:

At level 65, make sure you do the [Ring of Blood] quest chain in Nagrand for a lot of exp in short time.

At level 75, make sure you do the [The Champion of Anguish] quest chain in Zul'Drak for a lot of exp in a short time.

At level 75 you can use [Adventurer's Journal] for a chance to get a 10% more exp buff that lasts an hour.

At level 84, make sure you do the [The Crucible of Carnage] quest chain in Twilight Highlands for a lot of exp in a short time.

Join a level 6 guild or higher for additional 10% exp from [Fast Track].

During Hallow's end, go either to Undercity or Stormwind and get [Grim Visage] or [Unburdened] which gives you 10% more exp/rep and lasts 2 hours. DOES NOT persist through death, but you can pick it up again. If I level through dungeons or PvP I usually camp where the buff is grabbed.

Leveling Efficient - A Basic Guide
    emile29's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nicely put together +rep

Ludermuffin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide, thanks for saving me the time looking up all this myself

Thatfatninja's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was greatly put together, I especially like the Elixir of Ancient Knowledge. I was unaware of that and it will help me level my many alts. +rep to you.

Derpina's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice guide for leveling. I have something to add, though...

Adventurer's Journals are not craftable anymore, but you might get some on AH. They might be a bit hard to get. Good that I crafted some before they removed it from Inscription.

Also [Grim Visage] or [Unburdened] doesn't really help with leveling, it gives you 10% rep but the 10% experience boost doesn't stack with the guild perk Fast Track. ^^

Originally Posted by Thatfatninja View Post
    This was greatly put together, I especially like the Elixir of Ancient Knowledge. I was unaware of that and it will help me level my many alts. +rep to you.
    Might be quite difficult to farm since it comes from a rare mob and the drop rate is less than 10%. Imho not worth the rare camping.

nicocba's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, thx